Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

CIA Tortured & Sodomized Terror Suspect

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#46    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Some people have no moral compass,and no intelligence. It's a bad mix.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#47    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostOverSword, on 14 December 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

From the article:

CIA agents tortured a German citizen, sodomising, shackling, and beating him, as Macedonian state police looked on, the European court of human rights said in a historic judgment released on Thursday.
In a unanimous ruling, it also found Macedonia guilty of torturing, abusing, and secretly imprisoning Khaled el-Masri, a German of Lebanese origin allegedly linked to terrorist organisations.
Masri was seized in Macedonia in December 2003 and handed over to a CIA "rendition team" at Skopje airport and secretly flown to Afghanistan.
It is the first time the court has described CIA treatment meted out to terror suspects as torture

http://www.guardian....-terror-suspect

Interesting that they actually do refer to it as torture when the person was innocent but just enhanced interogation otherwise.

OK, now let the justifications begin!

Lube up boy!

lol

#48    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,580 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 20 December 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

I wonder what information you can gain from sodomy?

A from the heart :

" I love you "  :w00t:

Edited by Sakari, 30 December 2012 - 05:54 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#49    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Waterboarding is only a misdemeanor if you are a US citizen and its your own kids. I WTFLOL'd

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1286845

#50    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,068 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostBama13, on 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

So which came first the torture of terrorists or the acts of terrorism that lead to the torture of terrorists?

the acts of outside interference ,over the centuries now, which caused hatred of the outside interferers.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#51    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 22 December 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

Prove that to be true,

If a person does not know what they are being tortured for will say anything and if not how woudl one know.  It does not work

Easy enough. When I was a child I hid a candy bar from my older brother. He held me down and punched my arm until I told him where the candy bar was. Torture worked.

You can not get reliable info from someone that does not have that info. Duh. But you can get reliable info from someone that does have the info. Torture is not a fishing expediation. If you know someone posses the info you need then tortue can work, and often does.

Many of ya'll have no idea how torture works, but it does indeed work.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#52    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,432 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostBama13, on 13 March 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Easy enough. When I was a child I hid a candy bar from my older brother. He held me down and punched my arm until I told him where the candy bar was. Torture worked.

You can not get reliable info from someone that does not have that info. Duh. But you can get reliable info from someone that does have the info. Torture is not a fishing expediation. If you know someone posses the info you need then tortue can work, and often does.

Many of ya'll have no idea how torture works, but it does indeed work.
Or you can have someone with no scruples (a prerequisite for perfoming torture) looking for an excuse to take action, tortures someone while feeding them what they want to hear back.  If you truly are for torture, then may you one day be force to sit on a sharp object.

#53    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,708 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostOverSword, on 13 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Or you can have someone with no scruples (a prerequisite for perfoming torture) looking for an excuse to take action, tortures someone while feeding them what they want to hear back.  If you truly are for torture, then may you one day be force to sit on a sharp object.

Never said I was in favor of torture. Just stating that it can indeed work, when done properly. Properly being the key word.

No scruples isn't a prerequisite for performing torture. You can claim anything you want but that doesn't make it true. Example: Having no scruples is a prerequisite for posting on this board.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#54    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,559 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostBama13, on 14 March 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Never said I was in favor of torture. Just stating that it can indeed work, when done properly. Properly being the key word.

No scruples isn't a prerequisite for performing torture. You can claim anything you want but that doesn't make it true. Example: Having no scruples is a prerequisite for posting on this board.

I can understand intellectual detachment on any given subject, indeed that can be an asset.

But when one is intellectually detached as others are assaulted, well.....it seems one's moral values come into question.

#55    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,432 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostBama13, on 14 March 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

good come back :innocent:

#56    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

not surprised .. they done the same and worst in abu graib prison

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#57    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,708 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 14 March 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

I can understand intellectual detachment on any given subject, indeed that can be an asset.

But when one is intellectually detached as others are assaulted, well.....it seems one's moral values come into question.

My point is that torture can indeed be effective. That is the only point I am making. Anything else is an assumption on your part.

#58    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,559 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Bama

You are a reasonable man and that is a reasonable point, as limited as you are trying to make it.  In certain situations, I'm sure you are right about that.

However I would edit the statement and use the word "threat" instead of "torture."  Sure, in a hypothetical situation, threatening a person might easily force that person to reveal some knowledge he might possess.

However I see a difference between threatening somebody and torturing them.  As I'm sure you know, there are several men on the record, at least one FBI type, who contend that torture is counterproductive, and frequently brings bad information.

And I think that some sort of moral position must be taken.  Somebody, somewhere, must stand for what's right, and condemn what is wrong.

#59    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,708 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 March 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

Bama

You are a reasonable man and that is a reasonable point, as limited as you are trying to make it.  In certain situations, I'm sure you are right about that.

However I would edit the statement and use the word "threat" instead of "torture."  Sure, in a hypothetical situation, threatening a person might easily force that person to reveal some knowledge he might possess.

However I see a difference between threatening somebody and torturing them.  As I'm sure you know, there are several men on the record, at least one FBI type, who contend that torture is counterproductive, and frequently brings bad information.

And I think that some sort of moral position must be taken.  Somebody, somewhere, must stand for what's right, and condemn what is wrong.

I agree. Torture can certainly produce negative results, but it can also produce valuable info. I'm am simply pointing this out to those that say torture never works. Not being an expert on the subject I don't know the percentage of good to bad info generated by torture, but to say that it never works is incorrect.

While I would like to think that I would always be against torturing someone, I'm not sure this is true. If someone I cared about was kidnapped and I knew a suspect in custody had knowledge of where they were being held I'm not sure, honestly, if I would be against torturing them to find my family member/friend.

#60    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,432 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

snip

Edited by OverSword, 15 March 2013 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users