Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

400 US Troops to Egypt?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,626 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

http://frontpagemag....ith-u-s-troops/

Has anyone else seen this?  IF true it is unconscionable.... Now we're actually going to be allied with putting down a "people's" revolt?  What in the HELL are we doing?  :no: :hmm:

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

Big mistake I don't care if they are going to be part of a 13 country force that is being sent there..  Let the people protest, they aren't happy with the way they are being treated by Morsi.  They don't want to live under Islamic law.

#3    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,530 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Is everyone still wanting to call me a liar now.  I told you he was protecting the people we are supposed to be our enemies.  This came out of an egyptians mouth on tv.

Obama is a muslim and he is protecting his people.  Instead of protecting the people and constitution he swore to protect.  That makes hihm a traitor.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#4    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

According to the latest results declared by 'Rebel/ Tamaroud'  22,134 465 Egyptians have signed the petition calling for Mursi's impeachment, far outnumbering those who voted for him a year ago. Rebel also estimates that 5 million will demonstrate tomorrow infront of the Itehadeyya presidential palace in Heliopolis, Cairo. Nevertheless, Obama still cannot grasp that his policy and choice of protegeés in Egypt are totally wrong! The Egyptian people will simply not yield. If his intention is a show of force to scare the people, it is not exactly working. The bloodshed has already started. 245 were wounded and 5 killed in one city; an explosive device was used to attack a peaceful demonstration in another city, yet the plans for the 30 June demonstrations are still going on. These demonstrations will take place.  How far is Obama willing to go, to what extent is he willing to share the responsibility for the lives which will be lost, and how exactly will this policy help  USA's image in the ME? Obama is on the wrong side of history and his legacy in the area will be a bitter and bloody one unless he changes his position.

There is another petition being circulated on  the web, but this time addressing Obama:

"  The US Ambassador to Egypt Ms. Anne Patterson is not wanted anymore

To: US President Barack Obama

US President Barack Obama:
I trust you are well.The US Ambassador to Egypt Ms. Anne Patterson is implicitly siding with the Fascist Muslim Brotherhood regime in Egypt. Her outreach has been selective, and often focused on the Muslim Brotherhood as an organization instead of Egyptian formal political entities. She is failing to engage the Egyptian opposition with equal focus as with the Muslim Brotherhood. She continues to press the opposition to repeatedly participate in specious exercises of national dialogue in which no substantive concessions are made by President Mohamed Morsi regime. Furthermore, in echoing the Muslim Brotherhood’s singular discourse of ‘electoral legitimacy,’ she has alienated the opposition and disregarded the dynamics and voice of the Egyptian street, which is asking for the Fascist Muslim Brothers representative, President Mohamed Morsi to Step Down.
Ms. Patterson is not welcomed anymore in Egypt. Oh and a piece of advice: You ought to re-access the team of advisers that is helping you on the US foreign policy in the Middle East. They are really out of touch and clueless to say the least. I am happy to help in giving you some advise about some realities of what the people of the Middle East want. You can give me a call anytime"

The petition is not worded in a mature way, but the sentiment and opinion it is expressing are shared by many.

Another "message" on the net from Rebel: "A message from the Egyptian people to the world 30th of june 2013 A gate to the future"
https://www.youtube....d&v=lNeZNEP5J4o

Edited by meryt-tetisheri, 30 June 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,626 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:06 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 30 June 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

According to the latest results declared by 'Rebel/ Tamaroud'  22,134 465 Egyptians have signed the petition calling for Mursi's impeachment, far outnumbering those who voted for him a year ago. Rebel also estimates that 5 million will demonstrate tomorrow infront of the Itehadeyya presidential palace in Heliopolis, Cairo. Nevertheless, Obama still cannot grasp that his policy and choice of protegeés in Egypt are totally wrong! The Egyptian people will simply not yield. If his intention is a show of force to scare the people, it is not exactly working. The bloodshed has already started. 245 were wounded and 5 killed in one city; an explosive device was used to attack a peaceful demonstration in another city, yet the plans for the 30 June demonstrations are still going on. These demonstrations will take place.  How far is Obama willing to go, to what extent is he willing to share the responsibility for the lives which will be lost, and how exactly will this policy help  USA's image in the ME? Obama is on the wrong side of history and his legacy in the area will be a bitter and bloody one unless he changes his position.

There is another petition being circulated on  the web, but this time addressing Obama:

"  The US Ambassador to Egypt Ms. Anne Patterson is not wanted anymore

To: US President Barack Obama

US President Barack Obama:
I trust you are well.The US Ambassador to Egypt Ms. Anne Patterson is implicitly siding with the Fascist Muslim Brotherhood regime in Egypt. Her outreach has been selective, and often focused on the Muslim Brotherhood as an organization instead of Egyptian formal political entities. She is failing to engage the Egyptian opposition with equal focus as with the Muslim Brotherhood. She continues to press the opposition to repeatedly participate in specious exercises of national dialogue in which no substantive concessions are made by President Mohamed Morsi regime. Furthermore, in echoing the Muslim Brotherhood’s singular discourse of ‘electoral legitimacy,’ she has alienated the opposition and disregarded the dynamics and voice of the Egyptian street, which is asking for the Fascist Muslim Brothers representative, President Mohamed Morsi to Step Down.
Ms. Patterson is not welcomed anymore in Egypt. Oh and a piece of advice: You ought to re-access the team of advisers that is helping you on the US foreign policy in the Middle East. They are really out of touch and clueless to say the least. I am happy to help in giving you some advise about some realities of what the people of the Middle East want. You can give me a call anytime"

The petition is not worded in a mature way, but the sentiment and opinion it is expressing are shared by many.

Another "message" on the net from Rebel: "A message from the Egyptian people to the world 30th of june 2013 A gate to the future"
https://www.youtube....d&v=lNeZNEP5J4o
Politics aside I can assure you that very many Americans are flabbergasted at his actions and want him to change course in the M.E.  I dislike the man and his policies intensely but I tend to shy away from asserting that he is somehow in league with America's enemies - but every day that passes points more and more in the direction of that intent on his part.

#6    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

It is truly shameful. The Obama government seems determined to establish islamist fundamentalist rule all over the Middle East.
Of course, for Obamas Muslim Brotherhood affiliated advisors, it is one grand success.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#7    DarkHunter

DarkHunter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

I do not like Obama's policies or agree with many of his view points or what he does, but I think that people are jumping to conclusions a bit on this.  

First I would like to know the total amount of troops being sent to Egypt and not just the amount the US is sending, 400 troops is a decent amount but it is far from being an effective amount to prop up a regime.  Unless the other 12 countries are sending like a 1000 troops each or more then I doubt this is about keeping the current Egyptian government in power.  The troops could be sent there to quell this second uprising by the Egyptian people but due to such a small amount being sent this seems highly unlikely to me.  Is it not possible and probably more likely that the troops are being sent in to monitor both sides of this.  No one wants a violent uprising to happen in Egypt, it just isn't good for anyone.  It just seems to me that if foreign troops are placed in with the Egyptian police that it would decrease the chance of the people becoming violent out of fear of losing any potential support from the West and it would also keep the Egyptian police from resorting to violence to quell any uprising out of fear of the West turning on the government.  If that is the plan, which I am not sure that it is since I lack evidence that it is and if it is I do not fully agree with, I can see why it would be done.  As I said I do not have any evidence of that being the basic plan but only sending 400 troops seems like to low of a number to be effective.

Second it seems that it mentioned troops being sent to the Egypt Israel border to monitor the border between the two countries.  It is late and I am typing this fast so I may of misread it but that is what I got from it.  Having a small amount of troops there to watch the border there to me doesn't sound like Obama is trying to keep the current Egyptian government in power but more like he is trying to keep any conflict from flaring up between Israel and Egypt while there is political instability in Egypt.  Since I read the article quickly and I may of missed this but it doesn't seem clear if part or all of the 400 troops are being sent to the border to monitor it.  Even if it is only a partial amount sent to monitor the border that seems to further decrease the chance that these troops are being sent to keep the current Egyptian government in place.  

As I said I do not agree with Obama on many things and I would not put it completely pass him to send troops to prop up a government for whatever reasons but due to the amount sent it just seems completely unlikely that the purpose of the troops is to keep the current Egyptian government in power.

#8    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,249 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

The US is pledged to support those fighting for Freedom and Democracy and overthrowing Tyrants.

Unless the US colluded in putting the Tyrants in place, of course. Then it's different.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,769 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Are those the same troops to defend the US Embessey? If you are going to stop protests or quell a revolution, surely you need more than 400?

View Postdanielost, on 30 June 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Is everyone still wanting to call me a liar now.  I told you he was protecting the people we are supposed to be our enemies.  This came out of an egyptians mouth on tv.

Obama is a muslim and he is protecting his people.  Instead of protecting the people and constitution he swore to protect.  That makes hihm a traitor.
What's wrong with Muslims?

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,769 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

This is maybe why
http://edition.cnn.c...file/index.html

#11    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,425 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

View Postand then, on 30 June 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

http://frontpagemag....ith-u-s-troops/

Has anyone else seen this?  IF true it is unconscionable.... Now we're actually going to be allied with putting down a "people's" revolt?  What in the HELL are we doing?  :no: :hmm:

.. generally.. "our" support falls directly in line with those who's position most favorably advances  'ours' .

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#12    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,626 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

View Postlightly, on 30 June 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

.. generally.. "our" support falls directly in line with those who's position most favorably advances  'ours' .
Absolutely... but when did the Muslim Brotherhood's position begin to dovetail with the US?  I see them as antithetical to what my country is supposed to be about.

#13    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,530 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

The troops on the border, have been there for a couple of decades.  They are there because the un wouldn't put any there.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#14    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

The 400 marines are of course not enough to prop up a regime, what is suspicious is the timing and message of sending them at this moment particularly when A. Patterson has repeatedly gone out of her way meddling, and attempting to exert pressure on the opposition to fall in line. Whatever goals the Obama administration has, they need to pay attention to what Egyptians are saying, not just the MB. So far they have ears but refuse to listen.

#15    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,496 posts

• "If you can't say something nice, be creative."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postdanielost, on 30 June 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

The troops on the border, have been there for a couple of decades.  They are there because the un wouldn't put any there.

There are plenty of deficiencies and discrepancies in Obama's foreign policy without fabricating more. Danielost is correct that this is a routine rotation of US personnel on a peacekeeping mission in the Sinai which has been in place for decades (since Israel relinquished the Sinai to Egypt as part of US-brokered peace accords). However, it is not accurate to say the US is there alone; about a dozen other nations have contributed even more troops than America. Once again, because of the heightened tensions regarding Egypt's Morsi and profound antipathy towards anything Obama does (however many years a US policy may predate him), many jump to conclusions that are not warranted by the evidence.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users