Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ever Stop To Think?

LucidElement

Has Anyone Ever Stopped To Wonder, Why has all the Phenomons happened in the 1800's and to the mid 1900's. Know there is nothing, i mean sure people talk about seeing sightings and things, but there is never any EVIDENCE of it. I am a big Realist, like i deifinitly believe in a lot of things, and im not the one to have to see to believe, im just saying what do u guys think about this? Everything the dissaperences, the sightings of mothman, i mean it all happened in the mid 1900's or so. If you read any Unexpalined Book it will tell the dates any never are the dates in this Late 1900's to Now. I mean think about it, if u were walkin down the street and u dissapeared it would be all over the news, In a second, everyone and there mothers would know about it. Its like all the Unexplained events happened in the early times, and nothing is happening now. Im sure u guys know where im going with this, im sorry its a little difficult to explain, but im sure u get the main idea.. tell me what you think.. thanx!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LucidElement

• David_Cubero

• Cradle of Fish

• IdahoGhostHunter

Why has all the Phenomons happened in the 1800's and to the mid 1900's.

stop me if im wrong, but i think there is still a ton of stuff happening in present time....maybe it all happened "way back when" cuz you are reading old books??? or another possibility is that people didn't understand strange phenomena back then as much as in modern times, so they had a lot more "sightings" that really weren't sightings...

I was alive in The Mid-1900's and I have to disagree with you...

Sure, there were alot of things seen "Back In The Day," but hey, there are a lot of things going on now too.

I believe that there are MANY REASONS why that we don't see these things more often than we might have years ago, and here are my theories:

First and formost. I believe that more people DON'T see these things anymore, (or more often,) because we're more focused on such things as The Computer, Video Games or Television. Back in The 1960's and 70's we had stereos, radios and televisions, of course, but we didn't have computers or the internet back in those days. We also didn't have 500 channels of cable programming 24 hours per day like we do now. We had like three or four televisions stations and they would generally sign-off of the air at about 11:00pm and sign back on at 5:00am. Even many radio stations used to sign-off at either 11:00pm or Midnight. Now we have things going 24 hours a day, and it's noisy. I think our world literally "drowns out" such things as ghosts and monsters, things that people used to see and hear more regularly because the world was much quieter. (For example, I am sitting here now, I'm on the internet, my television is on, my radio is on, and I just turned my CD player off. So I am guilty of drowning out the world too.) With my visual focus so directed on my PC Screen, and occasionally on the television, I wouldn't see a ghost if it materialized and danced a jig in front of my face and with all of the noise that I've got going on right now, I couldn't hear a ghostly voice even if it screamed all of the scores from "A Tale Of Two Cities" into my ear at 180 decibles.

I think most of us are too zoned-out, with our attentions on PC's, T.V.'s and CD's to see OR hear ANYTHING anymore.

Another thing, we, as a society, don't go outside as much as we used to. Too many people have sold their farms and rural homes and moved to the cities, the 'burbs, housing developements or they have died. Today, many farmlands and forest lands have become suburbs, freeways and other man-made things, usually with alot of human activity and noise around them. Without the exposure to the quiet countryside that we once had, we just don't encounter as many things as they used to, and even if these things DO appear around us, we just don't notice them.

The population has exploded from the late-40's through the present day and people have clear cut more trees and spread out over a much larger area. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprized to learn that such rare animals as "Mothman" and "Bigfoot" which I personally believe are BOTH VERY RARE Species of Mammals, have relocated to ONLY THE MOST REMOTE LOCATIONS.

Today, even kids don't go outside to play as we did when I was growing up. There are a lot of other reasons for this as well. 1-Parents are MORE FEARFUL today about their children becoming crime victims than they used to be, and we have reason to be more protective now than they were-crime, particularly crimes against children, have risen dramatically since the 1980's. 2-There's also problems with innocent children being hit by stray bullets fired by Drive-By Shooters, etc., 3-there's more drugs, and MORE DANGEROUS drugs in the streets these days, 4-we live in a more "Sanitary World" than we once did back 30 years ago or more. Many parents nowadays are afraid to allow their children to go outside for fear of being reported to Child Protective Services for allowing their kids to get soiled while playing in the dirt, 5-kids are MORE interested in watching T.V., playing Video Games or Surfing The Net than going outside and playing now. When kids DO go outside to play now, it's often to highly structured, organized sports and such, not just playing in the yard for the sake of it, like we used to do.

I have been a member of this forum for several months now, and I have seen and read hundreds of ghost stories, and a large number are ones that I DON'T believe, but then there are Many Stories that I DO believe. I am one that actually puts little credence into "evidence" that's offered here. I know that with Photoshop and Photoworks, anyone can alter pics. Some of the MORE SKILLED people can even match up the pixels to the point that alterations are almost undetectable. However, I can just sort of pick up "vibes" from the stories that I read, wheather they're real of not, or at least wheather the writer BELIEVES that the stories that they're sharing are real.

To get the most out of researching ghost and other phenomena, you have to have a healthy mix of skepticism, realism, open-mindedness, intuitiveness and also a VERY Analytical Mind! It's hard to balance all of that, but it can be done.

Or it could be, the ghosts and monsters are too busy on their computers and cable TVs that they dont have time to roam the earth.

Or it could be, the ghosts and monsters are too busy on their computers and cable TVs that they dont have time to roam the earth.

294987[/snapback]

Hey, Good Point!!!!! I'm sure that's what it is... w00t.gif

laugh.gif ROFL!!! laugh.gif ROFL!!! laugh.gif ROFL!!! laugh.gif

The reason why there's no evidence is because so many people are closed minded and they rather put a scientific reason to it rather then a paranormal one. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

knock knock is there any monsters or ghost on the computer and where can we find you. lol laugh.gif

let me rephrase this lol.... why dont I or my next door neighbor see anything... okie look for instance... 'If bill is walking down the street and he DISSAPEERS or sees a ghost, why does HE JUST SEE IT, why dosent anyone else see it... further more, if BILL was walking down the street and Dissappered then more then 100000percent likely people would be like holy crap and there would be lots of people reporting the dissapernce... instead all you hear is bill saying.. yeah i got abducted but now im back... i mean if u think about it, there is never a lot of people who see it, its always a small group... nothing ever happens infront of a lot of people.. im one to believe a lot, but its just weird... you guys know what im saying.. its just that sure there are sightings but the reason its UNEXPLAINED is because say "Todd" or "Brian" or "Bill" ect.. are just like i dissapeered BUT my next door neighbor saw it.. i really did i promise.. why dosent a BIG GROUPP of people see it and report it.. if something big like that were to happen it would be all over the news and such.. ya guys no what im saying???

Guest Lottie
Has Anyone Ever Stopped To Wonder, Why has all the Phenomons happened in the 1800's and to the mid 1900's. Know there is nothing, i mean sure people talk about seeing sightings and things, but there is never any EVIDENCE of it.

Oh yes I wondered about this for a long time. 1837 up to 1907 was the Victorian Era. The paranormal took off with an almighty bang during this time and seances and ectoplasm were born along with the spiritual mediums becoming huge celebrities, it was a huge trend and money spinner. If you notice many of the ghost stories are products from this period. The Victorians loved nothing more then to frighten themselves with tales of wailing ghosts in monastries, headless horsemen yada yada. It was nothing more than a creative mind and imagination.

Yes there is no evidence, no evidence that any science would deem valid enough to make into a science let alone a science based study. Yes there are people that call themselves Parapsychologists there are also post degree courses available but it is not relevant to science as a whole and no real money is put into funding such a thing. Why? Because again there is no plain, hard facts. It is all conjecture. There are many stories of people witnessing phenomena and if you look closely as I said before it all goes back to the typical victorian hauntings. There are a few stories that are interesting and believable because of the circumstances these people have been in but you can easily rule out anything 'Paranormal' by common sense and logic.

Anything Paranormal is going to get people interested because from where I have stood in the past people don't want to consider that the possibility is that when we die there is nothing. The need to believe that we are invinsible and we will continue to another realm once we die is a natural one. Hardly anyone would want to think that the likelihood is otherwise.

The paranormal was born due to the humans fascination with life and death.

I understand what you are trying to say Lucid, but, there

are far too many incidents, sightings and suggestive evidence that can't be

dismissed so easily, there are numerous instances where large groups

of people have seen strange things happen.

I admit that a considerable amount of evidence that comes across are fakes and cooked up stories, I also agree that most people like to believe in these kind of things and they tend to see things the way they want to see it.

I agree that quite a few things came up in the late 1800's and also during mid 1900's but there are quite a lot of things happening now too, I would have to disagree with you here, I feel we are just not looking enough.

I liked David's theory in which he said that we are far too zoned-out to

see or hear anything anymore.

ok thanx for ur input guys, if u have more to say please keep postin, i just found it interesting

ok thanx for ur input guys, if u have more to say please keep postin, i just found it interesting

People really got into weird stuff (ghosts, and sightings and blahdie blah else) so they made stories that got passed down...

kids have very active imaginations and they tell the same stories but vairated a bit u know?So i dont think that much has happened since that time either...

Today, even kids don't go outside to play as we did when I was growing up. There are a lot of other reasons for this as well. 1-Parents are MORE FEARFUL today about their children becoming crime victims than they used to be, and we have reason to be more protective now than they were-crime, particularly crimes against children, have risen dramatically since the 1980's. 2-There's also problems with innocent children being hit by stray bullets fired by Drive-By Shooters, etc., 3-there's more drugs, and MORE DANGEROUS drugs in the streets these days, 4-we live in a more "Sanitary World" than we once did back 30 years ago or more. Many parents nowadays are afraid to allow their children to go outside for fear of being reported to Child Protective Services for allowing their kids to get soiled while playing in the dirt, 5-kids are MORE interested in watching T.V., playing Video Games or Surfing The Net than going outside and playing now. When kids DO go outside to play now, it's often to highly structured, organized sports and such, not just playing in the yard for the sake of it, like we used to do.

This is very very true, but i think a more important issue is how the transition from being outside and active to being inside on the computer and watching television has affected the general population. Obesity is a bigger and bigger problem, i wouldn't be surprised if it's because more people spend time at home on their computer and not getting enough exercise.

It also, i think, spoils are youth more. (im not old, im only 19) But i still think that kids my age feel that since they've had computer games and 400 channels growing up, that it's necessary and have come completely dependant upon it. Instead of being ambitious and creative, good minds are going to waste. It's sad.

crying.gif

and to adress Lucid Elements original topic, i feel kind of ****ty about the time that i will live in, all major catastrophes aside, i know what the future is going to be like, in general, and i'm not amped. To quote my favorite movie fight club

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very p***ed off. "

i wish i was born during the time period where we have spaceships and are searching different galaxies for life, if i was born then, i wouldn't give a crap about this message board, or my computer, or my television, i would be out in the feild trying to make history.

I'll leave you all with a couple more quotes from the best movie of all time:

"In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway. " - Tyler Durden

"It is only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

dontgetit.gif

Nice reply Twenty, ya no its true, now that i think about it we were born in a crappy time of life... There isnt anything amazing to do.. but skeptics would say, amazing is what you see things as, and how you plan your life is what amazing will be.. but i no what your saying, im so open minded, but all and all, i would go back to ancient civilizations see how they really got things done, no where else would i rather be right now then macchu picchu, just meditating enjoying the fresh air... good reply Twenty.. thanx for ur input!

Rommie  Oct 7 2004, 08:24 PM Post #7 

The reason why there's no evidence is because so many people are closed minded and they rather put a scientific reason to it rather then a paranormal one. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense. 

Makes alot of sense to me! thumbsup.gif