Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Clown

dancin'hamster

Okay, okay ~ so this bedtime story is a bit early......I can't sleep!

Anyhoo, I've never found clowns funny.............there's something sinister about those large, red mouths, the pale faces........ewwww *shudder*

So for everyone who hates clowns, enjoy............ wink2.gif

'One night in May, 1996, a 12-year-old boy of Prescot in England named Jason let out a terrible scream that sent his parents running into his room. He told his father and mother that a grotesque-looking clown had woken him by pulling the blankets from his bed, before tickling him under his armpits. As soon as he screamed out, the clown shook its fist at the boy, then vanished before his eyes. The boy's father said he had been watching too many horror videos and let him sleep with his bedside light on. Jason's mum sat with her son in his bedroom for half an hour, and convinced him he'd only experienced a nightmare. At last, the boy sank into an uneasy sleep, and at 3 a.m. the clown returned. This time, Jason found himself struck dumb with fear as the evil-looking clown pulled him off the bed by his ankles. The boy suffered a mild fit, and fainted. His parents later found him on the floor beside the bed. The boy was allowed to sleep with his parents on the following night, and no doubt fell safe, nestled between them. However, something woke Jason in the wee small hours. By the light of the moon shining through the window, Jason saw the white painted face of the sinister clown, who was waving his fist. Jason woke his mother - and pointed out the ghostly clown. She saw it too and let out a scream. Suddenly, the ghost was gone. The boy received many more nocturnal visits from the creepy clown, and the worse episode took place, rather appropriately, on the night of Halloween. On this occasion, Jason stayed over at his friend Alex’s house, which was in the Wavertree district. Jason and Alex sat in a darkened parlour with a pumpkin lantern. Alex had carved the face out of this pumpkin and was rather proud of his work. The two boys were later joined by Alex’s 7-year-old sister Stacy, and the three children scared themselves by telling one another ghost stories. Halfway through one scary tale, Stacy tugged on her brother’s arm and pointed at the lantern. The face Alex had carved from the pumpkin had mysteriously changed – into a clown’s grinning face. A vertical line now ran through each eye, and the frowning mouth was now grinning. Jason started to tremble as he thought about the clown that had been haunting him for the past six months at his home. Suddenly, a loud echoing laugh was heard in the dark parlour, and the candle in the pumpkin grew brighter. The pumpkin shook, as if it was shaking with laughter. The three terrified children were suddenly fighting one another to get out through the parlour door!

Jason’s mother eventually contacted me, and I subsequently interviewed her son. I subsequently discovered that on the day when the ghost first appeared, Jason and another boy had desecrated a grave in a Liverpool cemetery. He had daubed graffiti on the headstone of the grave and removed a small rusted urn that was shaped like a jester's hat. Buried in the grave was a man who had been a professional clown who had died in 1920. I returned the urn to the grave and put carnations in it, and got Jason to scrub the graffiti off the gravestone - and the ghostly clown never terrorised Jason or his family again. However, Jason always feels uneasy when Halloween arrives…'

dontgetit.gif

Hammy x x x

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent_21

• thepsychoticseaotter

• Thistle

• Cufflink

If only that happened to all kids and idiots in general who go around doing that.

And clowns?....don't get me started on those....g*ts. disgust.gif

What's so powerful about carnations... Do they keep the clowns away?

laugh.gif

Don't know about carnations, Sarky, but every time I see a clown, I think about swinging a baseball bat. wink2.gif

Dammit..........can't find my other creepy clown story.........*sulks*

erm......anyone ever seen 'Killer Clowns From Outer Space'?

ph34r.gif

I wish I had never read that.

I have two ugly porcelian clowns my mother gave me for a b-day acouple of years ago.

I keep them in storage cause they freak me out. I hope they stay in storage too.

I second that sarky!!!!!!!! I've got a porcelain clown in a box, inside another box in my wardrobe that my grandmother gave me. It scares the sh** out of me but I can't bear the thought of throwing it out because my gran gave it to me.....so in the box it stays ( hopefully )

scared.gif

Okay, okay ~ so this bedtime story is a bit early......I can't sleep!

Anyhoo, I've never found clowns funny.............there's something sinister about those large, red mouths, the pale faces........ewwww *shudder*

So for everyone who hates clowns, enjoy............ wink2.gif

Hammy x x x

Have you noticed how sinister they look if they have a smile painted on but are actually frowning? sad.gifblink.gifdisgust.gif

For clown haters here's a tale from Andrew Green's 'Haunted Kingdom' - not to be mulled over a bedtime.

At Timerden Bottom in Kent a private house dating from the 16th century was occupied by a Mr Howard and some relatives.

A series of ghostly happenings begain in 1968 when Mr Howard himself woke to find a woman in a long black dress standing by his bedroom door. Whatever degree of fright this gave him was soon surpassed with the appearance of the head and shoulders of an old man whose face strongly resembled a clown. Bright red with white hair. This vision was gently rocking back and forth at the end of his bed! It slowly withdrew and vanished by the wall. The woman had by now gone too.

The woman in black's ghost was soon to be seen by other household members.

A month or so later Mr Howard again woke to see an apparition moving up and down on the vacant bed in his room. Again it resembled a clown with a red coat a ruff but...no head. The apparition drifted to the window where it hung for some moments before vanishing.

The story which emerged was that a 17th century clown went crazy and hanged himself in the bedroom window. He used piano wire to perform the deed - with unfortunate results. Who the woman was remained unkmown.

ohmy.gif

Thanks for that, Agent. Thanks a bunch. I just love stories about people who wake up to see a ghost at the end of their bed. scared.gifscared.gifscared.gif

I'll probably be off to bed, soon, as well. crying.gif

Yeah thanks A21........gonna have to find yet another box for that damn clown of mine and maybe take it out into the coalshed for good measure lol

shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont let it hear you Thistle...........*shudder*

sad.gif that story just freaked me, it reminded me of the clown from the stephen king movie IT(i think it was IT) that has got to be the scariest clown ever. ohmy.gif

my wife keeps these pocelain masks on our bedroom wall, she has collected loads of them from all over the world, some are really spooky, but she wont listen when i ask her to get rid of them. sad.gif

Oooooh, Pennywise the clown!!!!!!! He was the only good thing in "IT" ( by good I do of course mean EVIL ).

Golam your wife must be mad to have those things in the house lol......don't they scare her even a little bit?

scared.gif

i really do'nt think anything scares her, she's also got a collection of some of the spookiest movies i've ever watched. crying.gif

I just love stories about people who wake up to see a ghost at the end of their bed. scared.gif  scared.gif  scared.gif

I'll probably be off to bed, soon, as well. crying.gif

Have you read M R James' Oh, Whistle...? If not don't.

One of the biggest frights I've ever had was from the tv version of Susan Hill's Woman in Black. That's another one for you to avoid. (No clowns though)

In back garden underneath parsnips... devil.gif

Yes...next to Zombie Teddy. laugh.gif

Have you read M R James' Oh, Whistle...? If not don't.

One of the biggest frights I've ever had was from the tv version of Susan Hill's Woman in Black. That's another one for you to avoid. (No clowns though)

The MR James story, Agent? I remember the TV version. Truly creepy. scared.gif

And as for The Woman in Black. Wow! One of my favourite ghost movies of all time. Seen it loads of times, still gives me the willies!

The bit where she appears at the bottom of the bed? Left a dent in my ceiling!! tongue.gif

Uber scary. scared.gifscared.gifscared.gif

The bit where she appears at the bottom of the bed?  Left a dent in my ceiling!! tongue.gif

Uber scary.  scared.gif  scared.gif  scared.gif

Yes, that's not even in the book. I thought there was nothing much left to come - and then....wet carpet time. scared.gif

Actually I yelled like a raving loony when that happened too.

Edited by Agent_21

I was lucky enough to see the stage play of The Woman In Black several years ago. It really scared me. Made grown men scream.........terrifying, wonderful, want to see it again but no one will come with me sad.gif

I was lucky enough to see the stage play of The Woman In Black several years ago. It really scared me. Made grown men scream.........terrifying, wonderful, want to see it again but no one will come with me  sad.gif

I'd come with you, Hams...but people would talk. wink2.gif

And I'd probably scream as well. tongue.gif

Cufflink mate ~ you'd kak yourself and ruin my ice-cool image wink2.gif

I saw the stage play too. Very well done. thumbsup.gif

So now I've read the book, seen the play and movie, waiting for the virtual reality machine... w00t.gif

• 1 month later...

What's so powerful about carnations...  Do they keep the clowns away?

Only the ones with hayfever. They have big red noses. wink2.gif

If thats the case all clowns must have hayfever! laugh.gif