Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian couple rescues entangled eagles

acidhead

SIAN THOMSON , CAMPBELL RIVER COURIER-ISLANDER DECEMBER 30, 2012

Two eagles, stuck in a death lock in the chilly waters of the Campbell River with their talons entangled, were rescued thanks to the efforts of a local couple.

Ed and Jo Ivanisko, whose Maple Street home is on the banks of the Campbell River, were alerted by Brenda Hancock, a frequent walker of the riverside trail, that there were two large bald eagles tangled up in the water close to shore.

"There were a lot of people walking the trail that day and I don't know how they could not have seen them, they were right there," said Ed, who immediately went home to put on his fishing waders and gloves while Jo called Mountainaire Avian Rescue in Comox.

"Their talons were tangled up together in the marshy undergrowth along the shore line," said Ed. "They had been there a long time. They were visibly shivering, you could see the water rippling at the edge of their wings. It was high tide and I didn't know if they fell there or floated there."

Ed realized there was no time to wait for the bird rescue crew to come all the way from Comox, a 45-minute car drive away, so he ventured into the freezing water with a blanket and a towel in an effort to get them out. He assigned Jo to the camera and to ward off trail walkers who had dogs with them.

continued...

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/campbell-river-couple-rescues-entangled-eagles-from-freezing-river-video-and-photos-1.36886

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

very beautiful bird

Cool eh? They are everywhere around where I live. If you ever come here the best place to see hundreds of them is the garbage dump in Tofino, BC. I'm not joking.

Cool eh? They are everywhere around where I live. If you ever come here the best place to see hundreds of them is the garbage dump in Tofino, BC. I'm not joking.

why, it can't hunt ? lol, you remind me of an indecent, i was driving with friends at the mountains, and i saw up in the sky many huge birds flying in a circles, i told them see there is water over their i know it, we went there and it was a trash dump.

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul

why, it can't hunt ? lol, you remind me of an indecent, i was driving with friends at the mountains, and i saw up in the sky many huge birds flying in a circles, i told them see there is water over their i know it, we went there and it was a trash dump.

hahaha