Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Anyone seen this picture?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#61    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostEuphorbia, on 03 October 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

How would one determine if it was of alien origin, or if it was a top secret aircraft originating from right here on Earth?

Yeah see there in lies the problem, although I dont believe the goverment has developed any technology that can take off at 2000 mph and looks like a disk, but then again the goverment keeps everything so got dang secret the public never really knows whats going on... But I was just trying to point out that it would be better to see these things first hand with our own eyes instead of pictures of objects that may or may not be the real thing.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#62    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 03 October 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Yeah see there in lies the problem, although I dont believe the goverment has developed any technology that can take off at 2000 mph and looks like a disk, but then again the goverment keeps everything so got dang secret the public never really knows whats going on... But I was just trying to point out that it would be better to see these things first hand with our own eyes instead of pictures of objects that may or may not be the real thing.

The government will always keep us in the dark with certain new technologies. Especially reverse engineered technology (if that's actually been accomplished). I've never actually seen a UFO, so all I have is the crappy pictures and videos. Many thousands have seen them throughout the years......maybe one of these days it will be my turn......

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#63    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

How would one determine if it was of alien origin, or if it was a top secret aircraft originating from right here on Earth?

No doubt that gov'ts keep a lot of secrets from people. Some UFOs could be attribute to the gov't, but does it seem plausible that human had created craft that seemed so unbelievable in what they can do, as witnessed by many.

#64    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostEuphorbia, on 03 October 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

The government will always keep us in the dark with certain new technologies. Especially reverse engineered technology (if that's actually been accomplished). I've never actually seen a UFO, so all I have is the crappy pictures and videos. Many thousands have seen them throughout the years......maybe one of these days it will be my turn......
Yeah I hope to one day see one someday to, because its a LOT harder to deny there existence when you see them first hand. Also if the government was reverse engineering these vehicles from what source did they get them. I mean its really amazing with the speed these things are said to fly at I mean I honestly don't think a human could take the G forces with which this thing is said to move at.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#65    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• 1,273 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 03 October 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Yeah I hope to one day see one someday to, because its a LOT harder to deny there existence when you see them first hand. Also if the government was reverse engineering these vehicles from what source did they get them. I mean its really amazing with the speed these things are said to fly at I mean I honestly don't think a human could take the G forces with which this thing is said to move at.

Inertial dampeners!  :tu:

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#66    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,846 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

My bet`s on Lots of Asprin ! :alien: :no: :tu:
THat takes the edge off ant 50g  90 deg turn !

This is a Work in Progress!

#67    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 03 October 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

My bet`s on Lots of Asprin ! :alien: :no: :tu:
THat takes the edge off ant 50g  90 deg turn !

HAHA!! I would assume they would need a stronger pain  killer than Asprin  :yes: :yes:

#68    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostEuphorbia, on 03 October 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

Inertial dampeners!  :tu:

Yeah if they got that kind of technology already where from, Because if you had that then you could go faster than the speed of light or close to match the speed of light.

#69    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,051 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

ask the government maybe?

(ok my sarcasm isnt in the same league as sweets)

I think determining that said object was a craft would be a start.....origin can follow   :)

#70    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

If recovered ETV's, such as claimed in the Roswell incident, were indeed reverse engineered, then I would assume that by now we would at least see some radical degree of advancement in military aircraft propulsion and aerodynamics.
Although aircraft such as the F-22 and F-35 have advanced remarkably since the previous generation, their basic means of propulsion and flight control remain based on fundamental flight requirements.  That is, they have thrust and have mechanical flight control surfaces.
VTOL is not new, although it has been refined from that used in the Harriers.
Thrust vectoring, although it was a challenge to implement, is an idea that has existed since early in the history of powered flight.
Stealth technology has been refined and improved upon, but again they are based on the same idea.
These aircraft and others, are remarkable achievements, but we're not seeing anything revolutionary such as the acceleration or manoeverability of the UFO's witnessed and/or filmed.
I've read that things such as lasers, fiber-optics, integrated circuits and a few others were reverse engineered, but personally I don't believe that at all.
Also, if military designers had vehicles capable of the kind of performance even close to what UFO's can do, I would think they would be testing and operating them far away from the average tourist with a camera, let alone flying over major cities.  Examples might be the Phoenix Lights or the O'Hare Airport sighting.
We have made incredible leaps in technology in the past hundred years or so, but I'm not convinced any or it is the result of analysis of recovered ETV's.

Anyway, long story short, I don't think we have any ability to fly at hypersonic speeds while doing 90 degree turns.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#71    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 October 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I know what UFO means.  I saw a UFO when most people on here were probably still learning their ABCs and saying "goo-goo".

What makes you think that an alien spacecraft must always be "manned" anyway?

True   What ever it is and the origin, government, alien, plasma type entity or atmospheric or whatever it is very interesting and I think the more real photos the better :)

#72    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

It's a fake.

#73    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 03 October 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

It's a fake.

The photo or the subject? and what brings you to that conclusion?

#74    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 03 October 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

It's a fake.

This one looks real to me at least to the extent that it's not faked by cut and paste.  The pixelation seems legit.  CGI can be indistinguishable from reality so who knows.

The very unfortunate thing about UFO photos and videos is that if you call "fake" on them without considerable analysis, then in most cases, perhaps 90% plus...you will be correct.  That's not scientific, it's just my personal view over many years of studying the phenomenon.  Since the advent of internet and home based software even as simple as MS Paint or Windows Movie Maker, even amateurs can create photos and videos that often go viral and even get time on major news media.

It's sad but true.

Edited by synchronomy, 03 October 2012 - 03:38 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#75    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 02 October 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Vivid? To me it looks like a Volkswagen minus the wheels with the sun glaring off of the windshield. But that's just pareidolia. So y

Care to list them?  VW's don't fly btw.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users