Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Men dressed in space suits

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1    marboo

marboo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

So... this is my story.

I had just dropped my kids to primary school (elementary school in the states?) around 8am, back in 2001. The town we live in is in Australia, it's a small town, and is fairly rural. Being a local I knew most of the back roads and shortcuts and as usual took a small dirt road I used regularly in order to avoid school traffic. On my way up the road I started to feel uneasy and strange, even a little anxious... for no real reason. I ignored it until I could see something on the side of the road. This road is only just wide enough for one car so it's very obvious when something is parked on either side. This is the weird part, as I get closer I see about 3 or 4 'suited' men. At first it looked as if they were wearing bee keepers out fits but as I got closer i couldn't believe it. The suits they were wearing looked exactly like space suits... the reflective visor, the antennas, the puffy gloves and big boots. I can not make it any clearer, that this was definitely not just a normal suit people working would wear. I really freaked out when I got closer. I notice what looked like a 'futuristic' van, best way I could describe it. Also, these people didn't even seem to register me being there... they wouldn't even move off the road.

No other cars were around and no houses/businesses/sheds or anything were anywhere near us. No road closures were set up, no warning signs, no lights for signaling, no reports on the tv or in the newspaper.I thought that if they needed to be wearing such suits for a job it wouldn't just be an open road for the public to use. Also this road had no real attractions... just long grass and dirt. No trees.. nothing.

I called up the council office, the mayors office, the police, the national hazmat guys... no one knew a thing about it. I still to this day get freaked out about what I saw. Please don't  ridicule me... I just really felt the need to share.

Thanks guys!

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Sounds like hazmat suits.  Don't ever expect a straight answer about something like that.

Edited by Hilander, 12 March 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,262 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Where was this?

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postmarboo, on 12 March 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

I called up the council office, the mayors office, the police, the national hazmat guys... no one knew a thing about it.

More than likely no one wanted to tell. it makes them feel important!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    noswad0208

noswad0208

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostHilander, on 12 March 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Sounds like hazmat suits.  Don't ever expect a straight answer about something like that.

Or they could have been wearing Axe Apollo.

#6    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

There were at least two wandering around Reading town centre last Saturday morning

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#7    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

The great non-fiction book The Radioactive Boyscout described how the NRC sent their people into a suburban yard in radiation suits to remove a garden shed that was full of radioactive material.

They didn't tell anyone in the neighborhood what they were doing. Neighbors called the police and other local government officials but didn't find out what they had done until the story was published months later.

#8    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Did it look like this?

Posted Image

The "cumberland spaceman" was not seen at the time of the photo (which was taken near a nuclear power station) but the man who took the photo supposedly had a MIB visit after going to the media with the photo. Also, around the same time in Australia at the Blue streak missle launch, the countdown was called off after someone noticed a "spaceman" (looking almost exactly like the cumberland spaceman) right next to the rocket on one of the monitors. Investigations found no one in the area.

In a BBC Look North interview and a letter to The Daily Mail, Templeton also claimed that a Blue Streak missile launch at the Woomera Test Range had been aborted because the figures of two large men were seen on the firing range. Templeton alleged that technicians later saw his photograph in an Australian newspaper and found the figures to be "exactly the same type of man, same dress, same figure, same size".[

http://en.wikipedia...._Firth_Spaceman

Edited by Professor Buzzkill, 12 March 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#9    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yeah I agree with Hilander, it sounds like Hazmat suits. Something probably spilled that they don't want anybody to know about.

#10    marboo

marboo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 12 March 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Where was this?

In Queensland, Australia

View Postscowl, on 12 March 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

The great non-fiction book The Radioactive Boyscout described how the NRC sent their people into a suburban yard in radiation suits to remove a garden shed that was full of radioactive material.

They didn't tell anyone in the neighborhood what they were doing. Neighbors called the police and other local government officials but didn't find out what they had done until the story was published months later.

Scary to think that something so dangerous is completely exposed to the public :(

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 12 March 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Did it look like this?

Posted Image

The "cumberland spaceman" was not seen at the time of the photo (which was taken near a nuclear power station) but the man who took the photo supposedly had a MIB visit after going to the media with the photo. Also, around the same time in Australia at the Blue streak missle launch, the countdown was called off after someone noticed a "spaceman" (looking almost exactly like the cumberland spaceman) right next to the rocket on one of the monitors. Investigations found no one in the area.

I've heard about this story. I guess some guys in white suits would match the description haha. This photo has always stuck with me.

#11    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Gundiah?

#12    marboo

marboo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Woah, kinda close actually! Bundaberg.

#13    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

hmmm you guys had a bit of flooding etc over that way recently didnt you?

#14    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 12 March 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Did it look like this?

Posted Image

The cumberland spaceman has been proven to be a guy wearing a hoodie with his back to the camera.  I can't liink from this computer (don't ask) but just google debunking the cumberland spaceman.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#15    marboo

marboo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 13 March 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

hmmm you guys had a bit of flooding etc over that way recently didnt you?

Biggest flood in recorded history! Evacuated with 5m of water in our street.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users