Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen

Uncle Sam

Likely Guy the answer you seek is in the 2nd paragraph of the Declaration of Independence. I can only say one should read the whole document and not just an exerp to understand what patience and greivance mean. To me that is written in a past, present, and future tense.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.
Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

BUT, not against your own government? That's usually called treason at worst, or insurrection at best.

I'm not a constitutional expert, but people in the US believe that armed revolution is a right that was written into the constitution? Really?

Our government is 'by the people and for the people'. What do we do when the government is no longer by it's people and for it's people? It's there in case of.

It's like when Superman gave Batman some kryptonite in case he went rogue. He knew Bats didn't need it, why would Supes ever go rogue? He's nicer then grandma and sweeter then Girl Scout cookies (if you're not a villain). Why? Because Superman knew there had to be an alternative for everything. He also knew given Batman's more paranoid view on things (much like a civilian here in the US) having the feeling of protection is good for the team (Supes and Bats; the government and the people).

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

As something of a half-assed Buddhist, I think having a gun around is terrible for your karma. You are just inviting all sorts of bad things to happen.

Anyone who has a suicidal impulse is far more likely to succeed. A fight is far more likely to turn deadly. No matter how careful one is a moment of inattention and children may play with it. If a thief finds it, especially if you hold it on him, he will take it from you and kill you. I'm just getting started; I can't believe how stupid Americans are about guns and their ridiculous myth that gun possession is freedom.

Criminals regardless if we have guns or not, will find them on the black market or smuggle them in from other countries. It is your short sightedness that will be your undoing. Besides your from vietnam, you have no say in what our constitution should have or not have.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Likely Guy the answer you seek is in the 2nd paragraph of the Declaration of Independence. I can only say one should read the whole document and not just an exerp to understand what patience and greivance mean. To me that is written in a past, present, and future tense.

And that was the Declaration of Independence, written expressly in reference to the British Empire. Not your own government. I may be wrong. Please educate me.

I disagree that it was written specifically for the British Government. It was written to them yes. But it expresses the morals and values of the writers of both the Declaration and Constitution (many of whom wrote and signed both). It is a legacy document. Not a one shot article sent overseas.

Legally I dont know if it holds any weight but morally and sensibly it holds much

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

And that was the Declaration of Independence, written expressly in reference to the British Empire. Not your own government. I may be wrong. Please educate me.

The Declaration of Independence was sent to the British stating we, the people, are hereby succeeded from the British Empire. Thus United States of America was born, which originally the thirteen colonies. This was written while we were at war with British Empire which they were losing. This was the first document, while the second was the Constitution that gave us our inalienable rights, which both were signed July 4th in 1776.

Edited by Uncle Sam

I disagree that it was written specifically for the British Government. It was written to them yes. But it expresses the morals and values of the writers of both the Declaration and Constitution (many of whom wrote and signed both). It is a legacy document. Not a one shot article sent overseas.

Legally I dont know if it holds any weight but morally and sensibly it holds much

I beg to disagree. It was the 'Declaration of Independence' from the British Commonwealth. The Constitution was something completely different, which was never inviolable, but ammended many times.

Criminals regardless if we have guns or not, will find them on the black market or smuggle them in from other countries. It is your short sightedness that will be your undoing. Besides your from vietnam, you have no say in what our constitution should have or not have.

For some strange reason that has not proved true here. I think it's a myth if you have competent police. As far as your Constitution goes, this seems to show me that there is at least some foolishness in it, but I don't care. I was addressing the wisdom of having a gun around, not the legality.

The Declaration of Independence was sent to the British stating we, the people, are hereby succeeded from the British Empire. Thus United States of America was born, which originally the thirteen colonies.

Actually it was 12, Delaware was at best a protectorate.

For some strange reason that has not proved true here. I think it's a myth if you have competent police. As far as your Constitution goes, this seems to show me that there is at least some foolishness in it, but I don't care. I was addressing the wisdom of having a gun around, not the legality.

If you are not willing to understand, then I am wasting my energy on you. 2nd Amendment is to protect us from foreign or domestic threats, that isn't just for criminals, it encompasses a wide range of threats to our inalienable rights.

Actually it was 12, Delaware was at best a protectorate.

Where the heck did you get 12 from?

Declaration of Independence Signing

Edited by Uncle Sam

Id like to add any e-talk from undisclosed locations anywhere in the world that when we have a conversation that is of an agitator stance against our government in America that we would be exceptionally infantile to not look at what our Forefathers found to be so grievous that it became necessary to leave the British Empire.

To consider our own grievances great we must first understand what great grievances were historically thought to be great in this country. Then we can only compare our current situation and decide amongst ourselves (The People).

Grievances and patience can be found in several books and journals dating around 1774-1775 and the Declaration of Independence. FOR ME that is the Litmus test and I believe we tested positive.

I cant teach vernacular English Likely Guy. I linked the appropriate document and even the specific exerp I speak of but how you interpret it is your right as we are not in a position to defend our positions in a legal setting.

The term "vernacular English" (like the term "standard English") refers only to syntax. It does not refer to pronunciation or vocabulary choice.

I cant teach vernacular English Likely Guy. I linked the appropriate document and even the specific exerp I speak of but how you interpret it is your right as we are not in a position to defend our positions in a legal setting.

That would be great if you can do that AsteroidX. Seems we need to reeducate people the importance of the constitution and why we need it.

It's this part I'm surprised no one understands:

'A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.'

Does everyone in Washington need to go back to elementary school to have vocubaulary explained to them again? (The answer is: yes)

You right on this, we do need to send them back to elementary. Funny how they are so great in word-play as mostly lawyers, but they understand nothing about the constitution or hold it in high regards.

Edited by Uncle Sam

If you are not willing to understand, then I am wasting my energy on you. 2nd Amendment is to protect us from foreign or domestic threats, that isn't for criminals, it encompasses a wide range of threats to our inalienable rights.

You actually think that a provision designed for a time when society was rural and guns consisted of muskets that took several minutes to reload has any meaning for today? You've been watching too many movies. In the meantime because of such absurdities, gun deaths go on and on and on.

I have to say most of the world looks at America with amazement.

You actually think that a provision designed for a time when society was rural and guns consisted of muskets that took several minutes to reload has any meaning for today? You've been watching too many movies. In the meantime because of such absurdities, gun deaths go on and on and on.

You have no understanding what our constitution is for, why we need it, why it is there, or why our forefathers foresaw this? Research the subject even more and try to understand it, until then, you are just trolling me and other Americans.

Hopefully we wont dissapoint

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 2

I mean FFS. This is what America looks like today. Call us stupid. But lets not be ignorant about whats happening.

• Like 1

You have no understanding what our constitution is for, why we need it, why it is there, or why our forefathers foresaw this? Research the subject even more and try to understand it, until then, you are just trolling me and other Americans.

You manage to ignore any points I make by repeating that I'm not an American.

I've got news for you; guns are not just an American thing. Perhaps America could learn a few things from the rest of the world.

Watch the video Frank. WE are not the ones doing this. The Government is coming after us and doing it fully armed its appearing slowly and certainly.

I mean FFS. This is what America looks like today. Call us stupid. But lets not be ignorant about whats happening.

After seeing that video my suspicions are raised. Is there any reason for a joint police/military exercise involving machine gun shooting practise from military helicopters above heavily populated cities?

Could any resistance to tighter gun regulations be used as an excuse for martial law?

You manage to ignore any points I make by repeating that I'm not an American.

I've got news for you; guns are not just an American thing. Perhaps America could learn a few things from the rest of the world.

And I got news for you, my nations is not like yours. We have rapists, murderers, homicides, break-ins, and other very dangerous criminals on the loose. Taking away the guns won't solve the problem, it would make the problem worse because there will be little to no resistance to these types of people. You're not looking at the complete picture. Not only guns are there for our protect, hunting, or sports; it is also there to ensure our government won't turn take away our rights that is promised in our constitution or an tyrant will succeed in usurping himself into power as a King or Dictator. If our government is not the problem or to be feared, it also stands to reason no other country in this world would dare invade us because there are millions upon millions of citizens who are armed to the teeth are more than willing to protect their nation from foreign invaders. So telling me to give up my arms is telling me to sentence my great grandchildren a doomed future where they are enslaved or controlled by a domestic or foreign government that forces their will upon us.

Each nation has it's own set of problems, our is just different than most nations out there that it seems alien to them.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

That was tactical training in a large city. Inside America. When has that ever happened before ? And why do police need training for future deployments ? Make your own mind but that **** in Florida is NASTY.

Not too mention firing machine guns (blanks) in a city like that over traffic when a major basketball is getting out. BAD TASTE.

Edited by AsteroidX

That was tactical training in a large city. Inside America. When has that ever happened before ? And why do police need training for future deployments ? Make your own mind but that **** in Florida is NASTY.

Not too mention firing machine guns (blanks) in a city like that over traffic when a major basketball is getting out. BAD TASTE.

If Frank can't understand this, he never will understand it.

Did you hear them say they heard the blanks ricocheting off high rises, guy ducks for cover....WOW. Safe ?

Did you hear them say they heard the blanks ricocheting off high rises, guy ducks for cover....WOW. Safe ?

That is crazy, did they even research into what would happen if they are firing live blanks over an city at high altitudes? It is like taking a dime from top of Empire State Building and dropping it, it is bound to hit someone and kill them!

• Like 1