Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don Imus falls flat on his tongue

Raptor Witness

[CNN - Imus suspended from radio, TV]

Well known for calling Hillary Clinton, "Satan" on his MSNBC morning television show, it's interesting to see how the tables turn on the Iman. When a little snake bites itself, there is no cure for the venom, unless the creature first bleeds to death.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• Unlimited

• EmpressStarXVII

• Bob26003

Imus is going to get everything he deserves. I use to somewhat like the guy until about a year ago where he fired one of his friends on the show for making a cancer joke. And now he wants everyone to forgive him for some small race jokes? I hope Imus is fired.

I haven't seen the show in question, he's been making race jokes for sometime now

Imus sux. And whats up with that stoooopid hat! :lol:

Imus makes a joke in bad taste and he gets taken off the air for 2 weeks yet Rosie O donnel or however you spell that whales name spews disinformation and lies on The View daily and nothing...

BTW, I would really love to punch Sharpton in the face.

Probably the biggest hypocrite and racist in the country in the public spotlight.

Imus makes a joke in bad taste and he gets taken off the air for 2 weeks yet Rosie O donnel or however you spell that whales name spews disinformation and lies on The View daily and nothing...

Probably the biggest hypocrite and racist in the country in the public spotlight.

No No No...... Rosie is allowed to voice her opinion just like everyone else........ That is completely different from what Imus did. Plus, Rosie is pretty cool, and Imus sux.......

Yeah I agree, I think most of those channels are so PC

Ahh, I see, as with all liberals there is a double standard.

I can't stand to watch that man mumble when he speaks while looking like some COW chewing on his cud!

But this latest comment he said ticks me off that I am now totally disgusted with the guy..

Give the guy the "pink slip" MSNBC!

It's long over due!

Ahh, I see, as with all liberals there is a double standard.

It was completely different Tomis......... You know that.

What Rosie did was voice an OPINION. What Imus did was making a racist COMMENT. You know there is a difference, and not a double standard at all. There's no point in making this thread a left verses right deal. Not to be at odds with you completely, I agree with your comment on Al Sharpton. I wouldn't want to punch him though :P.

Although Imus really sucks, I don't think he should be fired. It's just ridiculous and making the situation something it isn't. However, I think taking him off the air for two weeks is sufficient enough for making the "ho" reference.

I truly enjoy seeing him grovel like this. After years of

like a cobra, now it's flown back into his own eyes.

linked-image
Edited by Raptor Witness

Forgive my ignorance...what's a nappy head?

Someone with coarse flyaway hairs that require certain hair products to make it lay down? :unsure2: . Really that is all it is, and nothing to do with race at all; because I know white people who have to use hair products to make their hair tame. The only reason it has been made a race issue is because many of the girls on the said basketball team are black, and with Al Sharpton in the picture, that doesn't equal out to a happy ending.

Someone with coarse flyaway hairs that require certain hair products to make it lay down? :unsure2: .

:lol: lol thanks for that laugh

Really that is all it is, and nothing to do with race at all; because I know white people who have to use hair products to make their hair tame. The only reason it has been made a race issue is because many of the girls on the said basketball team are black, and with Al Sharpton in the picture, that doesn't equal out to a happy ending.

I think the issue here is that it was said by someone white. if a buch of white people said look at those redneck hicks playing football, it would be ok, but if a black person said it it would be racists. kinda like the "n" word its ok if someone blasck says it but not someone thats white. Imus picks a bit on every group, he had a good imitation on Rush Limbaugh singing a song called "true blue American"

Huh...so it's used as a racial slur? If not, isn't he just stating a fact? I'd be more offended at being called a ho if I was on that team, not nappy headed.

Nappy (kinky) hair is a racial slur, as with ho, because blacks coined the term ho.

Edited by Michelle

I think it is a shame that Al Sharpton's motives overshower the opinion of the basketball players. I'd like to hear what they have to say about the nappy hair comment, but naturally they are going to be offended by the ho comment. I know I would be.

And Michelle, I think Imus said ho because if he would have said the actual meaning rather than slang, he would be in deeper trouble than he is now! lol.

Anytime :P. I was at a loss for words and that was all I could think of :lol:.

Well what you said was funny, but it was the smilie that got me :lol:

He would only be in hot water if it was primetime. Come to think of it I've heard the correct pronunciation during the family hours, too and not on cable channels. :D

edit:Well what do you know, another typo. It's way past my bedtime. :sleepy:

Edited by Michelle

No wonder the Internet has become the news source of choice for so many people. We're all fed up with these big-mouthed drama queens with nothing new or interesting to say. The television news media pick one shock jock to ridicule another shock jock. It's thunder without the rain. When the lightning strikes, they won't even see the flash.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Imus tells one bad joke and we have another race witch hunt....I guess when describing a 6-5 black girl with tattoos you dont say nappy haired...i watch imus everyday and this is just dumb...if i was him i'd quit...