Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Celebration cards made from elephant poo

Still Waters

If you'd ever dreamt of handing your partner a Valentine's Day card made from pulped elephant poo, you don't have to dream anymore, because a company in India has produced some.

Creator ijender Shekhawat plans to process 30 tons of the gigantic faeces every month in order to produce special paper to make the cards.

LOL,

I'd be gutted if i had that crap given to me.

Nice ay of recycling though,

Thanks.

O_o

What are the greetings inside the cards...?

Happy birthday to you,happy birthday to you ,this here's recycled poo, I was too cheap to spend any more on you....

• Like 3

'Elephants' gastrointestinal tract cannot digest fibres well,' he said.

'About 40 per cent of everything goes through untouched but softened and pre-pulped.

'As a result, their dung make fantastic paper when it is pressed and processed.'

Vijender is committed to expanding his Haathi Chaap (Elephant Stamp) business to include delivery to European customers.

Good idea. The rich and depraved will love this.

So, keep feeding the elephants.. wait for them to do a ka ka.. and then make a mint from the paper...If the paper is good quality...and they are doing well..good for them..

I picture someone drawing a cartoon to promote this..An elephant sitting on the loo reading a paper he made earlier lol

• Like 3

This may not be such a bad idea, it's recycling. You probably won't know the difference if nobody told you the cards where the cards came from.

• Like 2

So, keep feeding the elephants.. wait for them to do a ka ka.. and then make a mint from the paper...If the paper is good quality...and they are doing well..good for them..

I picture someone drawing a cartoon to promote this..An elephant sitting on the loo reading a paper he made earlier lol

I like that idea, could be quite a marketing campaign!

• Like 1

I like that idea, could be quite a marketing campaign!

Well, if you ever see it as an ad for their paper...you know where the idea came from first lol

• Like 1

Give card to children

Children then eat card.

Ew.

• Like 1

Okay, how ironic would it be if they used the same material and somehow made it into toilet paper?

• Like 2

Good recycling as already said.

Wish they'd shown pictures of the cards and a little bit of the process. (not the first process though.. We've all seen that before lol)

Wow... they are really taking this recycle thing dead seriously aren't they?

A company in wales have been doing this for a while with sheep poo. its called sheeppoopaper.

You probably won't know the difference if nobody told you the cards where the cards came from.

Probably?

Birthday cards that can be identified as recycled 'Elephant poo' by look, feel, texture or smell would not sell very well... :tu:

• 2 weeks later...