Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

82,000 Vatican manuscripts to go online

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,036 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

More than five centuries of documents and manuscripts are to be preserved by placing them online.

The Star said:

The project, finally up and running a year after its announcement, uses an armada of equipment to capture the vast range of pages amassed by the Vatican over five or six centuries into one of the world’s most valuable collection of books and manuscripts.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Oh this is so cool! I know there is one website I go to where you can even see the state papers from King Henry VIII's reign:
http://www.nationala....uk/default.htm

Anyway, this is really neat.

#3    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

I was just discussing this with the hubby today about how unfair it was that the Vatican had all these ancient books that no one has access too. Cool bananas.

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwķt éoredmęcg

• 4,847 posts

• Hige sceal že heardra, heorte že cenre, mod sceal že mare, že ure męgen lytlaš.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostKowalski, on 12 May 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Oh this is so cool! I know there is one website I go to where you can even see the state papers from King Henry VIII's reign:
http://www.nationala....uk/default.htm

Anyway, this is really neat.

If you (or indeed, anyone else) enjoys the day-to-day minutae of 15th.Century life, perhaps you might be interested in this site. The Pastons were inveterate letter-writers and their correspondence reflects the life of a middle-class family during the so-called Wars of the Roses.

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

The 'Introduction' is a bit long - skip most of it is my advice.

Edited by ealdwita, 12 May 2013 - 05:50 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#5    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

This is really cool.

But, you know that the Conspiricy People are going to claim that all the "Banned" works are not going to be published. That the Vatican has them, but denys it.

Looking forward to linking to various works here to prove idiots wrong.......

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#6    bltwmcki

bltwmcki

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

What's the bets the information they hold about alien visitation is withheld from the online collection???

#7    tipsy_munchkin

tipsy_munchkin

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

• We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 12 May 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

This is really cool.

But, you know that the Conspiricy People are going to claim that all the "Banned" works are not going to be published. That the Vatican has them, but denys it.

Looking forward to linking to various works here to prove idiots wrong.......

View Postbltwmcki, on 12 May 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

What's the bets the information they hold about alien visitation is withheld from the online collection???

I blame you die. You said it and it happened.

*     I'm pink therefore i'm spam     *

#8    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

HA, Ha, ha.....

#9    The Word of Thoth

The Word of Thoth

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Die is probably gonna lump me in with the conspiracy people, but do we all really think that the Vatican would release ALL the documents held in their vaults online to be accessed by the public....?

I mean the Vaticans hold on the worlds population is tenuous at best these days, what with all the scandals with priests and homophobic, ultra conservative popes.... I cant imagine them releasing anything that may add to their handhold on power slipping....

just my two pence....

#10    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

liars all their info is fake and fabricated.if one wants to know the answers to all look within yourselfs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users