Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A dead moon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:49 AM

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegaller...ature_1199.html

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    NeoGenesis

NeoGenesis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:21 AM

danielost on Oct 19 2008, 05:49 AM, said:

Quote from NASA Site)

Doomed Moon of Mars

This moon is doomed. Mars, named for the Roman god of war, has two tiny moons--Phobos and Deimos--whose names are derived from the Greek for fear and panic. These Martian moons may well be captured asteroids originating in the main asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter or perhaps from even more distant reaches of the solar system.

The larger moon, Phobos, is a cratered, asteroid-like object in this stunning color image from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. Phobos orbits so close to Mars that gravitational tidal forces are dragging it down., said:

Doomed Moon of Mars

This moon is doomed. Mars, named for the Roman god of war, has two tiny moons--Phobos and Deimos--whose names are derived from the Greek for fear and panic. These Martian moons may well be captured asteroids originating in the main asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter or perhaps from even more distant reaches of the solar system.

The larger moon, Phobos, is a cratered, asteroid-like object in this stunning color image from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. Phobos orbits so close to Mars that gravitational tidal forces are dragging it down. In 100 million years or so, Phobos likely will be shattered by stress caused by the relentless tidal forces, the debris forming a decaying ring around Mars.

Danie can you be more specific why you posted this link here about the two Asteroid moons of mars.

Was it because of the name in the intro header of the page?.

Edited by NeoGenesis, 19 October 2008 - 11:22 AM.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

There comes a point when a person may no longer be focusing on the merits of the argument, and simply be arguing for the sake of arguing - aquatus1

#3    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

NeoGenesis on Oct 19 2008, 06:21 AM, said:

Danie can you be more specific why you posted this link here about the two Asteroid moons of mars.

Was it because of the name in the intro header of the page?.

yes it is doomed and mars is going to be a ringed planet.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users