Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing 411

Phaeton80

The following has me ab so lutely fascinated.. Any thoughts are very welcome.

CanAm Missing is a group of retired police officers, search and rescue experts (SAR) and other professionals that are dedicated to researching, on scene investigating and generally understanding the issues associated with people who go missing in the wilds of North America. This has typically been a project that is intensely worked by search and rescue teams starting when the victim is reported lost and usually continuing for the following 7-14 days, the case then flounders in a file cabinet.

After years of reading thousands of SAR reports, speaking with dozens of victims, we believe the paradigm of this effort needs change. Law enforcement and the media usually do not publicize concerns of kidnapping or abduction when the missing can be explained through traditional means. There are too many of these cases to ignore and there is a consistency to the stories.

Some of the cases:

Bobby Bizup

James McGrogan

Jaryd Atadero

Overview:

Blaine Talk Missing 411

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

So, I watched these. I think that these people died in weird ways, but there isn't really enough to go on to assume anything paranormal or cryptozoological. For example, James McGrogan sounds like classic hypothermia; gets lost, gets cold, starts to not think properly, clothes come off, then you die.

I just don't think there's much more to this.

• Like 2

i have the 4 books, some case are not really strange, some are really terrifying

Can you provide examples of ones that are scary? I'm curious, since the videos were so lame.

I have always been fascinated by cases of people with normal seeming lives, jobs, families, etc etc one day leaving their homes to go to work, maybe for a walk or go shopping, and then just disappear. Sometimes a body is found ,and the cause of death is explainable by a coroner, other times the person had a kind of spontaneous psychotic break or brain malfunction perhaps a stroke or an undiagnosed brain tumor caused them to lose their senses , and they are later found, sometimes it's deliberate perhaps they have a secret lover or are in legal trouble,but occasionally you read about people seemingly disappearing off the face of the planet never to be seen again,no trace nothing.

I think this isn't quite the same as the missing 411 cases, as from what I understand bodies are often found ,but in what seems to be strange circumstances , but still it is one subject that really draws me in.

i have the 4 books, some case are not really strange, some are really terrifying

dont really know, but i can say that i remember being scarred while reading this (1year or 2 years ago).

There's like more than a hundred of cases, some of them are really close too.

I think one of them was that little guy with his parents and brothers. They gave water to his brother while in a national park (i think), they turned around, he wasnt there. they started searching, nothing. police, sars etc. came, searched for days, nothing at all.

like if someone or something was lurking in the wood waiting for his moment vanished with him...

another one was a kid who was found like 10miles away pass a swamp and some heavy vegetation. didnt remember anything.

some of the cops or searchers spent their carriers doing this and said that some case were the most bizarre thing ever.

Edited by jarjarbinks

Can you provide examples of ones that are scary? I'm curious, since the videos were so lame.

Did you check the overview vdo? I agree the individual cases provided here do not do the total body of cases justice. Believe me, there is some extremely high strangeness in the accounts very professionally accumulated by Paulides.

These are certainly not your usual disappearance scenario's.

So this might paint a clearer picture as to the irregularities of the analysed cases. Cut away the fluff at the beginning and focus on the relayed facts, which it is absolutely filled with (which is why I especially like this Paulides guy).

• Like 1

Edited by Phaeton80

No fluff with David P. His stuff is real good and he's the first to bring this phenomenon to the forefront. Something is going on in the backway and outlying places in North America. Look into it...

• Like 1

No fluff with David P. His stuff is real good and he's the first to bring this phenomenon to the forefront. Something is going on in the backway and outlying places in North America. Look into it...

It certainly deserves attention. I think Paulides is doing a fantastic job in steering clear from the theories and focussing on the facts.. Which paint an extremely fascinating picture impo.

• Like 2

A more recent, comprehensive report:

• Like 1

A more recent, comprehensive report:

Yes indeed! I just listened to this last night. I travel along in the wilds a lot. I'm planning on taking my Glock from now on :)

Must be great to be able to venture in those woods. Would be simply naive to go unarmed though.. difference of being on the top o/t food chain (in regards to the known inhabitants anyway, lets not make it unnecessarily complex), and a good few places below that. Choice is obvious to any rational human being, especially those with children.

• Like 1

So this might paint a clearer picture as to the irregularities of the analysed cases. Cut away the fluff at the beginning and focus on the relayed facts, which it is absolutely filled with (which is why I especially like this Paulides guy).

I watched this. While the bit about Sasquatches being some kind of magical human-thing is entirely crazy, some of the disappearances are, admittedly, intriguing. I don't think they are terrifying or scary, but it's clear that there is a missing piece of the puzzle. It makes me want to read one of this guy's books.

I watched this. While the bit about Sasquatches being some kind of magical human-thing is entirely crazy, some of the disappearances are, admittedly, intriguing. I don't think they are terrifying or scary, but it's clear that there is a missing piece of the puzzle. It makes me want to read one of this guy's books.

With all due respect to our gentile giant friends(namely Patty and her kinship), I feel the Sasquatch people do not play a role in these disappearances. On the fringe I could imagine a gentile giant helping a small child in distress...but I have a wild imagination. :)

There is undoubtably something going on, and I'm intriqued about the connection to the Native American paranormal aspect of this. Hidden passages and corridors? Maybe an entity they believe in coming back from past regressions to unleash havoc on weary trespassers? Whatever you take from the Missing 411, it's great late night listening material. Keep one eye open...

Edited by Atuke
  • Like 5

Why aren't those books available on kindle? :unsure2:

I have seen this and heard the author speak on a couple talk radio podcasts, very interesting really. However, in many cases we don't have anything but his account of the events, and sadly I do know that people often do odd things when lost or when they panic. So while many of these are interesting I have this little voice telling me to have a grain or two of salt with that.

With all due respect to our gentile giant friends(namely Patty and her kinship), I feel the Sasquatch people do not play a role in these disappearances. On the fringe I could imagine a gentile giant helping a small child in distress...but I have a wild imagination. :)

There is undoubtably something going on, and I'm intriqued about the connection to the Native American paranormal aspect of this. Hidden passages and corridors? Maybe an entity they believe in coming back from past regressions to unleash havoc on weary trespassers? Whatever you take from the Missing 411, it's great late night listening material. Keep one eye open...

I'd like to meet the person who got close enough to one to tell it was a gentile.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

One thing the Missing 411 doc does beautifully is illustrate just how easily humans can go missing in the wilderness, never to be found, even in a developed nation like the US. And how ill-suited in dealing with such regions the vast majority of modern man is.

This lends support to the idea that an animal, such as the Sasquatch, could very well live in these regions and remain uncatagorized even to this present day.

There's so much woodland that goes largely unfrequented by man out there, even in the US, it really wouldn't be too difficult for a clever animal to keep itself almost entirely hidden for so long.

• Like 2

I have watched a couple of the videos he has made on YouTube where he goes to the location. It really helps you get a idea of the conditions these people disappeared in. I have even tried tracking down old news reports and testimonies on certain cases with varying results.

Honestly this is tough for me, I feel like some are human error but not all. I'm not saying there is a predatory Sasquatch roaming the forests but something feels off. Maybe like foul play but that still doesn't fit all the cases. Needless to say I find it a very intriguing mystery!

• Like 1

One thing the Missing 411 doc does beautifully is illustrate just how easily humans can go missing in the wilderness, never to be found, even in a developed nation like the US. And how ill-suited in dealing with such regions the vast majority of modern man is.

This lends support to the idea that an animal, such as the Sasquatch, could very well live in these regions and remain uncatagorized even to this present day.

There's so much woodland that goes largely unfrequented by man out there, even in the US, it really wouldn't be too difficult for a clever animal to keep itself almost entirely hidden for so long.

On the other side, when they find bodies (which they do) it takes away support that an 8 foot tall creature can avoid leaving any evidence of its existence.

• Like 1

On the other side, when they find bodies (which they do) it takes away support that an 8 foot tall creature can avoid leaving any evidence of its existence.

Do you have any direct links or reference to which 411 cases in which bodies where discovered.

Eta: I should be more specific can you reference any in which pauldies claimed it to be a 8 foot primate and it was definitively proven otherwise.

He presents a lot of information but does a pretty decent job of not constantly saying Bigfoot is eating people. So how is finding a dead body contradictory to there being a unknown primate in the woods?

Edited by Shouldthisexist
  • Like 1