Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Fire Arms laws and regulations

guns control regulations ammo constitutional rights

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#571    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 December 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

Some have said, the mother is to blame because she took her son to shooting ranges ..  Thing is , many parents have taken their kids along to shooting ranges, but it doesn't make them killers..
you're right  it doesn't, even if she didn't take him to the range, it would not change a thing. another point however, she knew her kid was "special" idk how her weapons were stored, but if they were out in the open, she made a big mistake. she paid for it. but would this shooting still happen if her guns were locked, i think it will. he would find them somewhere else, he did try to buy one before, no one sold him a gun, if mothers guns were not available, he would go find someone to buy it from illegaly. he was determined to kill, he would find a way.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#572    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

View Postwith bells on, on 18 December 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

hey Michelle.. im not having a go at you.. just curious about why would you ever feel the need to have a gun with you when you leave the house?? i cant work out the point of it.. are you scared someone will try and rob you as you walk around your town/city??

thanks..

edit.. i just read back a bit and saw that you are a business owner, so that is the reason??

Yes, we have a business in an area that has become increasingly more dangerous over the years. Most other places, and at home, it isn't much of a concern, but many times I am alone at the shop all day while the guys are out on jobs.

#573    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

View Postaztek, on 18 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

you're right  it doesn't, even if she didn't take him to the range, it would not change a thing. another point however, she knew her kid was "special" idk how her weapons were stored, but if they were out in the open, she made a big mistake. she paid for it. but would this shooting still happen if her guns were locked, i think it will. he would find them somewhere else, he did try to buy one before, no one sold him a gun, if mothers guns were not available, he would go find someone to buy it from illegaly. he was determined to kill, he would find a way.

The thing with this story is, we have not learned the full facts..I am sure we will get a chance to read them soon enough though

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 December 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#574    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,268 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

View Postaztek, on 18 December 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

we want to reduce crime, not please clueless gun mongers.

Not true for me.   While reducing crime could be a bonus, I just want the anti-gun crap to end.

#575    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,268 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 18 December 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

That sounds fine, but anyone who owns a legal gun and wants to get rid of it can either turn it into the police or sell it legally in a variety of ways already. While disposing of illegal guns no questions asked sounds ok at first thought you need to consider how many murder weapons and general gun crime related firearms would be disposed of. What I'm saying is it's an easy way for criminals to get rid of the evidence. Sure, that's better than them keeping it but it also may enable them to never get caught. Just some things to be concerned about is all.

It just makes it easy for people to dispose of unwanted guns.    That is a good thing.  After a few google searches I found that many widows still had their husbands guns and didn't know what to do with them.    The buy program gave them an outlet.   Many were found to be loaded and ready to go.   Most people who have an unwanted gun are apprehensive to take it somewhere to sell it.    

I don't see any reason that giving people an easy outlet to dispose of UNWANTED guns is bad.    It's a choice.    Having a choice is a good thing.

#576    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,268 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 18 December 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Yep. The fact that where this shooting and the Batman theater shooting and many others I'm sure took place ARE GUN FREE ZONES doesn't play into the anti-gun argument. Criminals obviously ignore laws and guns will never disappear, illegal or not. So the only thing I'd like to add to the gun control debate is that more people should have them. One or two armed persons in that school may not have stopped everything but I'd bet far fewer than 26 people would have died.

I agree with you here.    Except I would word it as more responsible people should have them.   Of course that begs the question of who is qualified to judge who is responsible.

#577    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,268 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

View Postaztek, on 18 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

I agree, but she still should have secured the weapons.
Make no mistake though,   He is to blame.   No-one else.

#578    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostMyles, on 18 December 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

she definatly should have, no argument there

RESIDENT TROLL.

#579    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostMyles, on 18 December 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Not true for me.   While reducing crime could be a bonus, I just want the anti-gun crap to end.
lol. that is one way to look at it.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#580    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,215 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostMyles, on 18 December 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

View Postaztek, on 18 December 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

she definatly should have, no argument there

As far as anyone knows, she did. Nothing has been released yet.......He could have held a knife her throat for the combination for all we know, then blew her head off so we will never know.

I am glad both of you do see it is not her fault for this tradgedy, good to see :)

Edited by Sakari, 18 December 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#581    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

true.

some media reports she was asleep when she got shot, it could be b.s. too. i doubt we will know all detalils any time soon, if at all.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#582    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,215 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postaztek, on 18 December 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

true.

some media reports she was asleep when she got shot, it could be b.s. too. i doubt we will know all detalils any time soon, if at all.

And really, does it matter?

Only for the debate of gun control I guess, but for no other reason.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#583    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

i understand this is a bit of a hot potatoe at the moment but i hear a lot of we need guns to stay free .im a brit you cant own guns in this country unless you fit some pretty strict criteria hand guns and semi automatic weapons are totally banned and we are still free .
why as US citizens are you so paraniod.

#584    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,215 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 18 December 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

i understand this is a bit of a hot potatoe at the moment but i hear a lot of we need guns to stay free .im a brit you cant own guns in this country unless you fit some pretty strict criteria hand guns and semi automatic weapons are totally banned and we are still free .
why as US citizens are you so paraniod.

What is the population of the UK - 63,181,775

USA population - 314,959,000

You all need to quit comparing the UK to the US on this....US has 251,777,225 more people to pick criminals, rapists, and nut jobs from.

No one is paranoid, well some might be, but not most.

Honestly, read the topic, I doubt anyone here wants to just go through all of the asked and answered questions and debates all over again.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#585    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

as i understand it  from the Tv  they were in a  gun safe,  but he was her son  he most likely knew where the key was and what the combonation was as they went shooting together.
i know where the key is to my dads safe and know where the written combo is stored just in case something happens to him.
   My step nephew came looking for my guns once,  with one of his friend  when they couldn't get into the safe they picked up the safe and tried to get away with it.   I walked in as they were trying to get it out of the bedroom, at the time i carried a 45 everywhere i went only rteason i didn't use it was  my brother in law would have  come after me and forced me to use it on him as well. I really didn't want to put my sister through that.
  the point is criminals don't care about the law and they will get them one way or the other
  i don't carry any more unless i am in the Mts because many of the cops in seattle are  even more gun happy then  the criminals and would not care if i had a concealed carry permit.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 18 December 2012 - 11:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users