Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Shadow Dude

Pinchey the Penguin

I have had some crazyness experiences as a kid that I have not questioned untill now and there is 1 thing that I have never been able to explain and I wondered if anyone could help me? When I was a kid almost every night there would be this apparition would appear in my room. But he wasnt a ghost or a ball of light he was a shadow. He would crawl around my room on my walls and he was not just a in the dark thing even when I had a night light on (which filled most of my room with a subtantial ammount of light) he would still appear on the walls in the shape of a man and I would talk to him although he would never talk back. I wasnt afraid of him he was just apart of my everyday experiences there was kinda a warm comforting feeling about him. I just cant think of anything that could come near to explaining this. Help?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hewak

• Barek Halfhand

• Snake022

• GeneBrowne

Top Posters In This Topic

You're on yer own here kid. Posting stuff like this you know what you're attracting skeptics and all sorts of people who are just going to tell you that you're looking for attention. Again like I said in your other post .... it's all about proof ... get the proof and it will be easy (easier) to get people to believe.

Photos and movies that you produce will only leave people to say that it's photo shopped or edited ... so it's a lose lose situation I guess.

I have never experienced shadow people ... as much as I've have experienced i can't add that to my list, So I have no real advice for ya. Just prepare for some flaming.

Cheers and good luck,

Gene

I have had some crazyness experiences as a kid that I have not questioned untill now and there is 1 thing that I have never been able to explain and I wondered if anyone could help me? When I was a kid almost every night there would be this apparition would appear in my room. But he wasnt a ghost or a ball of light he was a shadow. He would crawl around my room on my walls and he was not just a in the dark thing even when I had a night light on (which filled most of my room with a subtantial ammount of light) he would still appear on the walls in the shape of a man and I would talk to him although he would never talk back. I wasnt afraid of him he was just apart of my everyday experiences there was kinda a warm comforting feeling about him. I just cant think of anything that could come near to explaining this. Help?

Hun, whatever it was is gone so not to worry. How do I explain this. Ok when kids become teens, their mind and body changes, and they become curious about so many things, and fearful of other things like death, ghosts and goblins. But the truth of the matter is, it was probably whats called sleep paralysis and it happens to millions of people young and old alike. I think instead of thinking of scary things, how bout finding a fun hobby, or hanging out with your friends, doing anything but thinking about the paranormal. Read a book, go to the movies, or go swimming. Anything but feeling the doom of what you once saw or feel you see now. I believe you, but you also have to stop your imagination from running wild, or you wont sleep and when you dont sleep, things get strange in your head. You dont need help, you just need to stay busy doing something creative not destructive, now go have FUN...JN

aye, i saw a shadow person once....once, it was with a friend, and it was just a figure with a hat on, we were outside, and when i looked, it was gone. i talked to my friend about it later and he said he saw some black figure with a hat near me. well, there is more to it, and its an interesting story, but i may post it someday. anyway. i have done a lot of research on shadow people. and i must ask, did it have a hat on. not like a baseball cap, but more of a wide brimmed hat. if it did, then alot of people have seen something like that. as justnormal said, it may be sleep paralysis. it happens to me sometimes, but when it happens, i know that it is happening, and i know what its like, so i can shave myself out of it. but one thing that does not go with sleep paralysis is being able to talk. if you talk to it, you were either dreaming, or awake. and if you were awake, the shadow could have been one of many things. from what i read about shadow people is that they generally try to avoid being seen. they either are spotted out of the corner of your eye, and disappear when you turn your head, or they are only seen for a couple of seconds. its not normal for them to be completly out in the open, and not try to avoid you, but it has happened before. it most likely was some sort of shadow person, or just a dream.

Well, the last post made me realize something... a lot of these shadow beings wear thoes hats. I wonder what that means ??? I mean there are too many sstories and incidents where people claim to see them, and I would say about 70% of them comment on the hat! Maybe they are a set of beings that exist in an universe with a frequency close to ours, and when our brain slips into a state where perhaps we can tune into that frequency, and by the time we notice them out of the corner of our eye, we've slipped back into regular stupid brain mode ??? I honestly have no idea, but it made the wheels turn and I guess it's a possibility. They sound generally creepy though ... black figure with a hat ... seems kind of MIB type. Freaky.

Should make a thread of Shadow people descriptions ...

Cheers,

Gene

I never saw him just out of the corner of my eye he was always right there eather just sitting on the wall or the sealing sumtimes he would nod his head like he was listening, he was never shy eather. It was never a dream I know that much, he came every night for a couple of years, and I have always have a good sence of what was real and what wasnt. He was real

O yeah he wasnt wearing a hat eather. :lol:

I never saw him just out of the corner of my eye he was always right there eather just sitting on the wall or the sealing sumtimes he would nod his head like he was listening, he was never shy eather. It was never a dream I know that much, he came every night for a couple of years, and I have always have a good sence of what was real and what wasnt. He was real

O yeah he wasnt wearing a hat eather. :lol:

Well lots of people always talk about seeing ghosts either from the corner of their eye or when they turn their head very fast. I don't know what exactly causes the mechanism to produce black spots in your eye but i'm pretty sure it has to do with your nerve. If you have any eye problems or so, that would be a big clue. Try this for example, place your finger on inside corner of your eye, and push lightly against it. you should see a black spot on the opposite side.

Now let's move on to the paranormal experience, because, as you said he usually has a distinct shape rather than a blur. Something you may have heard of is sleep paralysis, usually containing either a black figure, an old hag or some type of demon, where the dreamer can recall in the dream every slightest detail making it seem almost like reality. Usually people who have it recall pressure on their chest, so that would help out if you can recall that.

I have more, but that's for tomorrow.

You're on yer own here kid. Posting stuff like this you know what you're attracting skeptics and all sorts of people who are just going to tell you that you're looking for attention. Again like I said in your other post .... it's all about proof ... get the proof and it will be easy (easier) to get people to believe.

Photos and movies that you produce will only leave people to say that it's photo shopped or edited ... so it's a lose lose situation I guess.

I have never experienced shadow people ... as much as I've have experienced i can't add that to my list, So I have no real advice for ya. Just prepare for some flaming.

Cheers and good luck,

Gene

With all due respect Gene I would like to respond to your post:

You say 'skeptic' like it is a bad word. There is nothing wrong with trying to find a logical explanation for things before you ascertain it is a paranormal occurence. I believe in the supernatural but I also believe in using logic and our rational minds to look for 'real-world' explanations. I especially think people, especially young people, who are apart of forums like these can get excited about it - they are reading about all these experiences, different dimensions, etc and they want to be apart of that too and from there every little thing is a possible paranormal event. You see something out of the corner of your eye - must be a ghost; you get a funny feeling - must be a ghost; the phone rings and there is nobody there -must be a ghostly caller, etc.

Presenting a rational explanation for something is not 'flaming' someone or calling them a liar. People are not going to accuse someone of photoshopping a picture when it looks authentic - people are going to accuse someone of that if the picture is obviously faked, what is wrong with that? A person examining the possibilities of an anomaly being caused by a reflection, hair, a bug, etc is doing the job of what a paranormal investigator would do - you look at the logical reasons first and if there is not one then you start to consider the alternative.

Pinchey - I am not directing any of those observations towards you. I think what JN said makes a lot of sense and you should consider what she said. She also made the same pt I did about people getting involved with this stuff and the thinking about a lot and as a result their imaginations start going into over-drive. This even happens to me sometimes- I'll have ghosts on the brain and suddenly everything is a little creepy or I keep thinking I am seeing things out of the corner of my eye, or I speculate way too much about what the cat is staring at, etc.

I have suffered from sleep paralysis for years and I also get hypnagogic hallucinations which cause you to hear things, smell things and sometimes see things when you are close to sleep or just coming out of sleep. It can seem incredibly real and vivid but it is really a projection of your sub-conscious. I think this could be a possible explanation.

Well this is my continuation from yesterday. As I mentioned before I left, it may be sleep paralysis. If you do have sleep paralysis, you may be able to identify some or all of these symptoms:

- sleeping in an upward position

- sleeping in other natures than regularly, like naps, sleeping in, deprivation.

- Any stress you may be suffering from.

- Sudden changes in your lifestyle or environment

- If you’ve ever lucid dreamed before, then this may be a relevant factor

- Sleeping pills, ADD medicine, etc

Of course, this is all taken from wikipedia, so you can check it out on your own.

Moving on deeper into the paranormal, the mentioning of this black, shadowy figure, especially one who is able to defy gravitational force by crawling on your walls, and I assume floating at some points, can come from your mind. Many times, people who believe to be in paranormal experiences, usually end up having it as their mind had created it. It is possible that this black figure may be a manifestation of loneliness or anger that you may be feeling and that you just feel subconsciously need someone to talk to. If this is the case, then most likely you’re probably telling this shadow about secrets that you can’t tell anyone else, somewhat like a psychiatrist but on a more personal level. The crawling can be explained in many ways. For example, if one of your childhood heroes, most probably, if this is the case, is a super hero, then the black figure can represent Spider-Man.

Being what I had said before, when I told you to test your eye by slightly pushing on the part closest to your nose, to create a black figure on the other side of your eye, you may notice that while pushing, you may find that you can move your finger, and when you do, the black figure will make the same movement, but in an opposite direction, creating a bobbing movement, this could account for why your guy nods his head.

If none of these hypothesis’ work for you, I can go deeper, but I’d prefer for you to try these before I go into extreme possibilities.

the thing with sleep paralysis is that you cant move, or do much. he said he was able to talk to it, and move his head, so i think that can rule out sleep paralysis. and when it comes to imagination, as i said before. i saw one of these things. but the thing was, my friend saw it to, in the same spot, so i dont think it was our imagination

Edited by Snake022

Seeing these things every night is unusual but not unheard of.

Another unusual feature is that the sightings are associated with a pleasant feeling. Again, not unheard of, but unusual.

I don't think the sleep paralysis explanation quite fits in light of the frequency and duration.

Hallucinations induced by strong electromagnetic fields or infrasound seem more likely to me.

It is also true that people who are not hallucinating see these things. By no means do they always have wide-brimmed hats or even humanoid shapes. Here, in no particular order, are some hypotheses I've heard about what shadow beings might be:

* residual ("recorded") apparitions

* manifestations of spirit persons

* tulpas or "thoughtforms" (thoughts made real)

* archetypes of the collective unconscious

* energy "scavengers" feeding on strong emotion

* demons

* glimpses of creatures from other spectra of the universe

I have no idea. But it sounds like that one was benign, and so "demon" doesn't really seem like a good guess.

the thing with sleep paralysis is that you cant move, or do much. he said he was able to talk to it, and move his head, so i think that can rule out sleep paralysis. and when it comes to imagination, as i said before. i saw one of these things. but the thing was, my friend saw it to, in the same spot, so i dont think it was our imagination

Good point. Looks like you're leaning towards shadow people here. The problem with shadow people are, that there's only a few of them, so that means that this shadow person listening to him, if it is a shadow person, must have a motive or connection to him in particularly. But then the question asks, if this shadow person is particular to him, then could it not also be because it is of his own creation?

As for your encounter, can you detail it a bit more?

Good point. Looks like you're leaning towards shadow people here. The problem with shadow people are, that there's only a few of them, so that means that this shadow person listening to him, if it is a shadow person, must have a motive or connection to him in particularly. But then the question asks, if this shadow person is particular to him, then could it not also be because it is of his own creation?

As for your encounter, can you detail it a bit more?

yea, thats true. it could be his imagination, but of what i have read, this whole shadow person thing started a few years ago, noone had heard of them before, and the reason behind that is i think that there have been more sighting recently. a few years back it was. "oh its just a spot on my eye" but then people started seeing it more often, and they saw it moving. posted it on the internet, and people went "yea, ive been seeing that a lot more recently too" and i think its either because people started mentioning it, and it really is a black spot on their eye, but people are paying more attention, or it really is a figure of some sort, and they are getting braver.

as for my story, ill post it in my next post, so its separate from this one

Yo!

the reports seem to come in cycles ....I have been keeping a fairly constant watch in this section for what I deem to be possible sighting.... for a while they were coming in EVERY DAY!...then it stopped ...March maybe?....B

halfhandshuffle:Shadows Fall - In Effigy

Edited by Barek Halfhand

ok, so here is my story about the shadow person i had seen.

ok, so, before all this had happened, i already knew a lot of shadow people, i found the subject interesting, and knew right away when i saw one. anyway, the story

my friend Christian came over on a weekend, cant remember which day, this was last year. we were sitting around, playing video games, and got really bored. so we decided to go outside.

this was all during the day, so i saw it in the daytime, outside, which is really weird. i live in Newbury park, ca. its a fairly new neighborhood up in the hills, since its new, there are lots of places of wilderness still standing. we went down my street, and basically, right across from my street is this long rode with a sidewalk. if you go left, its like this jogging trail on the sidewalk with a fence on the right side. behind that fence is this valley with a bunch of wilderness and rocks. we hopped the fence, and were just walking around, and he was at this time on the other side of the mountain, there is this big pile of rocks maybe 20ft high and probably 40ft long, its basically a walkway made of rocks, and its level with the street, and there is a bunch of storm drains and wilderness below it, because we live in the mountains, water can sometimes get trapped, but it never floods. there is a bunch of storm drains and like a mile long mini forest thing composed of mostly desert plants and stuff. its not an evergreen forest, its more of a dried up forest with California plants and trees. all that is below street level, and you get down there by walking down the rock structure. anyway, Christian was at the bottom, and i was on top. it was at an angle so that you could see the top, even if you were on the bottom. so i was rolling rocks down the hill, and he was throwing them up, and trying to make it all the way over the hill. so, as i picked up a rock, i turned around, and for a split second, i saw this shadowy figure about 10ft from me, it wasn't visible for long, like only half a second, but i saw its shape. it was like a man and he had some sort of hat on. (i just researched it and i just figured out that it looked like a fedora.). when i saw it, in the back of my mind i thought "shadow person". but at the time i didn't acknowledge it. after we were done, and we were walking home, i said to Christian "i just saw some shadow thing a while ago" and he said that he say something near me. he asked if it had a hat on, and that was when i knew he saw the same thing. the hat was the most noticeable thing. i said yea, and said it wasn't like a baseball cap. and Christian said to me that he saw that it looked like it had a brim. and we could tell we saw the same thing. when you tell a friend you saw a ghost, and you tell him about it, and he said "yea, it looked like that" then who knows if he was it or not. but if he is filling in the details, and he tells you his story, and it matches what you saw, then there is no way he could be lying, unless he can read you mind. he knew it had a hat on before i mentioned it, and he knew what the hat looked like before i said what it looked like, i dont think he can make that up. we didn't tell much anyone else about it, and we both saw it, so it wasn't my imagination.

thats my story. i will try to get some pictures of what the forest looks like, and the hill of rocks and where i saw it so you can get a better understanding

thats what happened.

Yo!

the reports seem to come in cycles ....I have been keeping a fairly constant watch in this section for what I deem to be possible sighting.... for a while they were coming in EVERY DAY!...then it stopped ...March maybe?....B

thats true, i have had my friends tell me that they saw a shadow in the corner of their eye, that was a while ago, and now nobody talks much about it anymore

Sounds cool. I saw a special about them once, and like someone mentioned before, they do like to wear hats, A LOT. Apparently they can also fly, and sometimes wear capes. See now what's weird, is that there's no motivation for them being there, but it's coincidental that you can usually only see it in the corner of your eye. If you have knowledge of optics, you'll learn that different lights at different angles will produce different brightnesses, contrasts, and hues. Now being black, and only visible from the point on the edge of your convex eyeball, that does say something...perhaps they are not visible, on our spectrum anyway, but produce electromagnetic waves of a lower spectrum, infared or even longwave. Just a thought.

just asked my wife about it and she said this entity did not have a scythe. She says that the entity was about seven ft. tall and stood in the corner with his arms straight in front. She said he had a whitish light surrounding his body to. Weird.

Guess it could've been a demon..

Mr. Thozzman, I was giving thought to this story, and, have you ever heard of astral projection? Many people who are in near death experiences tend to have them, and perhaps your uncles was having one right before he had died. Many who experience this report floating over their bodies, viewing over the room, the only exception in your case is that it's in the corner for some reason. Now when you are lifted off the ground naturally, you'd send out your arms to try and keep some balance.

The reason why this figure could have been so dark is because ghosts, or any other apparitions is that, they are usually only seen using infared techonlogy. Infared is an electromagnetic frequecy right below, what we are able to see. This could be why your wife saw a black shadowy figure. The figure was not solid because it was not clearly visible and it was black because the lower you go on the electromagnetic spectrum, darker because of less radiation. Please specify what had the light around it, your uncle...in...law? or the figure. The light around your uncle-in...law would have made more sense because he'd have been transmitting these wave from his body which would make his body radioactive, possibly conducting from ultraviolent to (hopefully not) gamma ray. In my opinion, it is not the grim reaper they saw, but it was your grandfather projecting himself, of course it could all be a coicidence.

As for the grim reaper, it is pure myth. The black gown symbolizes the darkness of death. The skeleton hands, also symbolize death, which if he touches you with, will kill you. The fact that his face cannot be seen is a symbol of an executioner. The last, is that the scythe that he carries represents a weapon to execute you with, as a scythe was a medieval weapon, and at the same time symbolizes the harvesting of souls, using the same tool to harvest wheat or whatnot.

This is an excerpt from that previous post I had made a while ago, it might help explain what you're shadow guy was.

Yo!

Interesting Barek...you know my stance very well on SP, but I have to say I haven't had an episode in a couple of months now...... :D

To the OP, I don't think what you have described fits sleep paralysis, no mention of paraylsis or other classic clues......

Interesting Barek...you know my stance very well on SP, but I have to say I haven't had an episode in a couple of months now...... :D

To the OP, I don't think what you have described fits sleep paralysis, no mention of paraylsis or other classic clues......

I never mentioned SP did I hun?...this is about shadow entities...although I find it interesting that you automatically connected the two ^_^ ..........(missed me! :P ).....B

halfhandshuffle:men without cats-safety dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkyPZ08YhNg

Edited by Barek Halfhand

dude, I see shadow people in my room sometimes, and I'm not even sleeping. the last time I saw one, I was standing up, trying to look through my magazines to see what to read, and I saw one with my PERIPHERAL VISION woow

dude, I see shadow people in my room sometimes, and I'm not even sleeping. the last time I saw one, I was standing up, trying to look through my magazines to see what to read, and I saw one with my PERIPHERAL VISION woow

....ok, so here is my story about the shadow person i had seen........

thats my story, thats what happened.

just asked my wife about it and she said this entity did not have a scythe. She says that the entity was about seven ft. tall and stood in the corner with his arms straight in front. She said he had a whitish light surrounding his body to. Weird. ...Guess it could've been a demon
...sounds like its the "active cycle" again :hmm: ......B Edited by Barek Halfhand

I never mentioned SP did I hun?...this is about shadow entities...although I find it interesting that you automatically connected the two ^_^ ..........(missed me! :P ).....B

halfhandshuffle:men without cats-safety dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkyPZ08YhNg

:D yea you got me good there.... freudian slip if there ever was one :lol:

:D yea you got me good there.... freudian slip if there ever was one :lol:
now what does Siggy have that I don't?......B

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

at knight tell i was 14 i would see a shadow image of an old lady i would feel comftorble when i see the image standing or leaning on the wall. then one day my mom showed my a picture of my dead grandmother and i relised the shadow shaped just like the long head plump wobbly legged old women. i still think that, that was my grandmother i never talked to her but on one accsion i said why are you hear and then felt safe and cared for.