Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Media Demonizing the Video Game Industry?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#16    itsjustadeer

itsjustadeer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:21 AM

I'm having a hard time figuring out what your debate is about.

I'm providing sources to information proving the Media is by far, not demonizing the Video Game industry, and you are trying to point out things you believe I am wrong about.

Going back to 2 posts to when you said:

and their for shows that many of the ideals of the games franchises are maybe destroied or hurt in the movie

How would "ideals" be destroyed? Unless you took Tomb Raider's expansive mythology and applied it to your real life beliefs (in which I hope the majority of people refrain from)... I don't see in any way, shape or form a hollywood movie, based on a video game, could hurt anything, let alone ideals. Ever heard the term "any publicity is good publicity"? If a Hollywood production is featuring the title and trademark your video game company owns, this term applies ten fold.

Yes but did it also accour to you that King Kong wasn't based on a game and was pretty much a guanteed sucess because of its name. and the game probaly sold good because people wanted to play as a giant monkey

Did I say the movie was based on the game? I have read my post 3 times just now and I believe my mentioning of the movie was to help prove that the video game industry is colliding with the a multi billion dollar movie industry. I said "more and more Directors for big-time hollywood flicks will approach the video game industry in a more serious manner" ... obviously I knew the fact that the video game was based from the movie, otherwise I would have chosen a differant structure of words.

Also did it ever acour to you that maybe game devlophers don't need directors to make great games, it just director need game develpohers to make good gaming movies

Wow you amaze me with this information. Is this a fact?

Also again Chronicles of Riddick wasn't getting help from the director showing that game developers are fine without interferance

Exactly ... my ... point.

Yes no need to tell a gamer what will happen in the future for gaming just a wast eof breath we know all of this already

If you know this... and you still think the media is demonizing the video game industry... provide us some links to news articles that display the video game industry as something bad. Please, indulge us sir.

no.gif

#17    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

Master of Geeks, your reply please! thumbsup.gif

#18    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:46 PM

MoG, We are still waiting for a reply....

#19    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:09 AM

Master of Geeks the two-week time limit for you to post has just about expired if you do not post within the allowed time I will be forced to disqualify you.

Please pm Myself of Lottie if you are having any problems.

#20    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

MOG, The two week time frame is up and I  am afraid this means that you are now disqualified.

itsjustadeer wins by default.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users