Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 8 votes

The slenderman myth

myth

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#31    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Remember: The greatest trick that Slender Man ever played was to convince the world He does not exist...

It is rumoured that Slender Man may be repelled by placing carbohydrates (like sweets and cupcakes) in doorways and on window sills. Seriously. To focus your mind in times of peril recite the Bene Gesserit litany against fear:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Take these two steps and get back to me if your anguish persists. You cannot defeat Slender Man but if you can limit His access to your world then you can also banish Him from it altogether...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#32    Darkdemigod0

Darkdemigod0

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 16 November 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Okay, I'm just going to play along...

You cannot fight Slendeman off. He is a supernatural force and very powerful. If he wants to kill you, he will kill you. And there is very little you can do about it.

Honestly, if you've seen Slenderman thirteen times, I would think you would be dead. Slenderman does not know compassion or sympathy. He does not care for you or your well-being. He just wants to kill you. Why? None really know but it's all he seems to do.

So my tip to you? Enjoy what little time you have before the great black arms take you away forever.
all right i am not playing a game this is real life the only reason i can escape him so many times is because i try not to look at him when i see him and i just run some where safe and dont look back

View PostNight Walker, on 16 November 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

Remember: The greatest trick that Slender Man ever played was to convince the world He does not exist...

It is rumoured that Slender Man may be repelled by placing carbohydrates (like sweets and cupcakes) in doorways and on window sills. Seriously. To focus your mind in times of peril recite the Bene Gesserit litany against fear:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Take these two steps and get back to me if your anguish persists. You cannot defeat Slender Man but if you can limit His access to your world then you can also banish Him from it altogether...
thank you for actually giveing me something  useful and not giving me crap and critisim unlike other people. i myself cant belive i survived this long without being killed

#33    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 16 November 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

all right i am not playing a game this is real life the only reason i can escape him so many times is because i try not to look at him when i see him and i just run some where safe and dont look back

I'm not playing a game either.

And that sounds an awful lot like the game Slender.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#34    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

thank you for actually giveing me something  useful and not giving me crap and critisim unlike other people. i myself cant belive i survived this long without being killed

So what you are saying is.....you are so addicted to video gaming that you can no longer distinguish between reality and being in-game.  Wow.  What's that like?

#35    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Attached File  30298384.jpeg   154.35K   54 downloads

#36    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

I have treated figuratively dozens of Slender Man cases and have yet to lose a single soul. Be on the lookout for the symbol of a triangle within a circle. It is significant. It will give you strength and peace...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#37    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,200 posts

• Question everything

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 16 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

I have treated figuratively dozens of Slender Man cases and have yet to lose a single soul. Be on the lookout for the symbol of a triangle within a circle. It is significant. It will give you strength and peace...

The International Sign of The Doughnut? Is this getting back to that sweets and carbs thing, cause if it is, they're just empty calories. Not a lot strength, though maybe a certain measure of peace, or at least fullness.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#38    GoldenRabbit

GoldenRabbit

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 11 November 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

ok i cant take a picture because he messes up my technology i took a pic of him but he fried the sd card and i took a pic with a film camera but it didnt come out right so i cant post evidence

Does this mean you took a photo and developed it but it didnt turn out right? if so can you post the pic anyway

Go The Bunnies :tu:

#39    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

I refuse to let Slenderman become a real myth people talk about and think they've seen and no one knows where it started from.

Slenderman was obviously made up by people on forums, it is documented. Therefore he is not real and no one is actually going to 'see' him.

#40    Darkdemigod0

Darkdemigod0

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostErowin, on 17 November 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

I refuse to let Slenderman become a real myth people talk about and think they've seen and no one knows where it started from.

Slenderman was obviously made up by people on forums, it is documented. Therefore he is not real and no one is actually going to 'see' him.
as for you i know he's real quit saying he's not that goes for all of you i bet  if you were me you would be super pissed if people kept on trying to disprove

View Postdavid_36, on 17 November 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

Does this mean you took a photo and developed it but it didnt turn out right? if so can you post the pic anyway

View PostOniomancer, on 16 November 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

The International Sign of The Doughnut? Is this getting back to that sweets and carbs thing, cause if it is, they're just empty calories. Not a lot strength, though maybe a certain measure of peace, or at least fullness.

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 16 November 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 16 November 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

So what you are saying is.....you are so addicted to video gaming that you can no longer distinguish between reality and being in-game.  Wow.  What's that like?

View PostMisstreeDove, on 16 November 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

I'm not playing a game either.

And that sounds an awful lot like the game Slender.
alright you guys are now just trying to disprove my case any way possible , when i say i run and dont look back i try to look for one of my freinds and we look for a crowded place or i run home lock my house door then lock my room door and turn on a low source of light praying he wont come after me again that night. i dont hallicanite. i can see with perfect vision on my right eye but have poor vision on my left eye they have NEVER made me hallucanate alright?

#41    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 17 November 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

as for you i know he's real quit saying he's not that goes for all of you i bet  if you were me you would be super pissed if people kept on trying to disprove

alright you guys are now just trying to disprove my case any way possible , when i say i run and dont look back i try to look for one of my freinds and we look for a crowded place or i run home lock my house door then lock my room door and turn on a low source of light praying he wont come after me again that night. i dont hallicanite. i can see with perfect vision on my right eye but have poor vision on my left eye they have NEVER made me hallucanate alright?

Actually its well-understood that Slenderman is fake.  We aren't really trying to prove anything at this point.  The evidence speaks for itself and somehow you are the only one who isn't getting it.  Do your friends see him too, when you are ducking and dodging or do they just go along with every silly thing you say and do?

Lay off the video games, bro.  And get your glasses prescription checked.  I think that left eye is causing some of your problems.

#42    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,834 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Lol. There was a forum user who claimed her brother also saw slenderman, eventually she admitted she was a troll, not that much people believed her anyway.

Edited by Rlyeh, 17 November 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#43    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 17 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Lol. There a forum user who claimed her brother also saw slenderman, eventually she admitted she was a troll, not that much people believed her anyway.

Yes.  I was thinking that somewhere there is a bridge missing its troll.  I think maybe we found him!

#44    Darkdemigod0

Darkdemigod0

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 17 November 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Yes.  I was thinking that somewhere there is a bridge missing its troll.  I think maybe we found him!

View PostRlyeh, on 17 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Lol. There was a forum user who claimed her brother also saw slenderman, eventually she admitted she was a troll, not that much people believed her anyway.

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 17 November 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Actually its well-understood that Slenderman is fake.  We aren't really trying to prove anything at this point.  The evidence speaks for itself and somehow you are the only one who isn't getting it.  Do your friends see him too, when you are ducking and dodging or do they just go along with every silly thing you say and do?

Lay off the video games, bro.  And get your glasses prescription checked.  I think that left eye is causing some of your problems.
all right i dont have an older sister only a little sister who doesnt even know i go on this fourm and yes my friends do see him when im with them im not trolling im tired of explaining im not trolling, but ya my friends do see him when im with them

#45    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,834 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 17 November 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

all right i dont have an older sister only a little sister who doesnt even know i go on this fourm and yes my friends do see him when im with them im not trolling im tired of explaining im not trolling, but ya my friends do see him when im with them
I'm not saying you're related to the other poster, however I am saying you are a troll.

There is really only two ways to see slenderman, either you saw a pic/video/ etc of slenderman, or you're ill.

Edited by Rlyeh, 17 November 2012 - 04:19 PM.

Also tagged with myth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users