Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

HAARP has closed...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,931 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Having searched the forums I have not seen this posted so here goes:

"FAIRBANKS, Alaska — A military-run ionospheric research facility near Glennallen has shut down and it's not clear how long the closure will last.The official in charge of the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program, or HAARP, would not comment on the facility's status, KUAC reported.But Roger Smith, an emeritus professor and former Geophysical Institute director at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, which has long been involved in research at the facility, said the closure follows expiration of an operations and maintenance contract with the part-Inupiat owned Marsh Creek Corp.Smith said a new contract with another corporation is expected, and the facility is expected to resume operations. He said HAARP is also being considered for radar survey of the Arctic."

Read more here courtesy Anchorage Daily News: http://www.adn.com/2...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by keithisco, 21 July 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#2    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,705 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Let me take a crack:

Due to so much unwanted attention from the Hero Patriot ™ Alex Jones and others, the Gummit has been forced to shut down the HAARP operation and move the diabolical weather controlling machine (still under the control of George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Halliburton by the way) to a new location.  

How's that?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#3    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Now imagine the excuses. This either going to make things very funny, or very annoying over the next little while.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#4    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Rafter, didn't they say it's just temporary? It was hard-to-read text, but it said it's because their contract ended and they get another, the professor Roger Smith said. I dunno who's he and what's his beef, but if that's that, then it's just temporary.

Of course, if you want to make the people not to worry and buy some time, you'd try divert them by making them think it shut down, but why would that have any effect? It'd be too transparent, all too transparent. People ain't fools, though they might be gullible.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#5    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

It'll be funny if the weather calms right down and there are no extremes .................

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 21 July 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

It'll be funny if the weather calms right down and there are no extremes .................
Yes it would be.

#7    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,531 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 21 July 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Not likely though.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#8    Malaria_Kidd

Malaria_Kidd

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 374 posts

• My old snopes dot com handle was Coal Glow Kidd. Join Connect Pal dot com. to read Malaria Kidd's stories of the woods that will never be posted here.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Well over a month ago during Friday Night Open Lines on Coast to Coast AM hosted by John B. Wells. A male caller from Alaska was allowed to talk at length. He said he helped construct the Alaskan HAARP facility during the Cold War. He articulated his first hand/on the job information very well and he noted the large antenna array was for communicating with U.S. Navy submarines using the Ionosphere to bounce radio signals more efficiently to distant locations at sea. :mellow:

After 10 minutes John said, "That was very interesting and you could be a guest on this show. Let me change that to you were the guest!"

http://www.unexplain...pic=152891&st=0 SCANIA Hit! My BIG bump in the night!

"It Was A Dark and Creepy Night" by Joshua P. Warren/ page 180 for "I.5 Million Safe Miles"
https://www.connectp...om/Malaria_Kidd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users