Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

advanced aliens or ancient humans?

• Please log in to reply
1828 replies to this topic

#46    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostMyles, on 13 March 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

They lie about almost everything.   They only give one side of the arguement.    They leave out facts that would destroy their "story".  Boy, I could go on and on.  I can see it is too late for you.   You have gobbled it up even though there is not any evidence to support it.
nopedia is a waste of time. He or she will be persuaded by anything. Evidence is of no value.

The Chariots of the Gods nonsense fooled millions of gullible people back in the 70's and it was proved to be ridiculous. This show is presenting exactly the same pseudoscientific nonsense to fool a new gullible generation. I can only hope it won't fool as many people this time.

#47    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

They lie about almost everything.

Examples please.

You have gobbled it up even though there is not any evidence to support it.
There's plenty of evidence to support it. Now I'm trying to find out exactly how much of the evidence they present you consider to be lies. Do you believe most of the structures they refer to don't exist? Or were built at different periods in human history? Or what? Do you think the History Channel is lying when they tell us about ancient references to beings who came from off planet? Or do you think the ancient beings were lying, and if so why do you think they lied? If you think they were just wrong, what do you think actually took place that they misinterpreted as beings coming and going from sky to earth?

#48    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

View Postscowl, on 13 March 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

The Chariots of the Gods nonsense fooled millions of gullible people back in the 70's and it was proved to be ridiculous.
Please provide some example(s) of how to support your claim.

#49    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Postnopeda, on 13 March 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

That's not what I was asking, but I do appreciate your good explanation.
That was exactly what you were asking. You don't know enough about the topic to understand what you were asking.

So far it still is to me. If someone presents some good explanation(s) about exactly how all those different societies figured out how to do things and how they did them, then it won't be mysterious.

Ancient Construction Technology: From Pyramids to Fortresses (Technology in Ancient Cultures)

Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt: Advanced Engineering in the Temples of the Pharaohs

There are many others.

But I'm not going to go try to find the answer to back up other people's position when I don't think it really exists, in large part because no one has presented it to back up their own position yet.
You won't go out of your way to find evidence that might contradict what you saw on a television show you liked. Why are you here?

#50    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

View Postnopeda, on 13 March 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Examples please.

There's plenty of evidence to support it. Now I'm trying to find out exactly how much of the evidence they present you consider to be lies. Do you believe most of the structures they refer to don't exist? Or were built at different periods in human history? Or what? Do you think the History Channel is lying when they tell us about ancient references to beings who came from off planet? Or do you think the ancient beings were lying, and if so why do you think they lied? If you think they were just wrong, what do you think actually took place that they misinterpreted as beings coming and going from sky to earth?

What AA belives

I'm being a bit lazy and redirecting you to a previous post of mine on this.

That's SOME of the things that show claims is real. Add also that vikings could fly and that.

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#51    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Postscowl, on 13 March 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

We stopped building pyramids. As civilization advanced, we realized that employing tens of thousands of people to build gigantic tombs out of piles of rocks were a waste of national resources. War and trade became the new use for tens of thousands of people. We could build stuff in the "same way" now, but it would cost billions of dollars to employ thousands of people.
What Leedskalnin did suggests that tens of thousands of people would not have been necessary, so that explanation true though it appears to be still does nothing to solve the overall mystery or support the possibility that humans had no help from more advanced beings.

#52    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

View Postnopeda, on 13 March 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Please read my long long long thread on the original "Chariots of the Gods". This book (and so-called documentary based on it) established the technique of using half-truths, ignorance, misinformation, unqualified sources, and outright lies to convince millions of people that we had been visited by "ancient astronauts". By the time the whole thing was proved to be a fraud, the author had made millions of dollars.

When a television show tells you something amazing, just look it up on Wikipedia or other places on the Internet. Most often you'll quickly find the claim is utterly groundless. They assume people are too lazy or stupid to find out the truth by themselves.

#53    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

View Postnopeda, on 13 March 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

What Leedskalnin did suggests that tens of thousands of people would not have been necessary, so that explanation true though it appears to be still does nothing to solve the overall mystery or support the possibility that humans had no help from more advanced beings.
The books I cited above answer all questions and completely eliminate the idea that advanced astrobeings assisted in the construction the pyramids. There is no mystery. People built them.

#54    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postscowl, on 13 March 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

You won't go out of your way to find evidence that might contradict what you saw on a television show you liked. Why are you here?
In case you hadn't noticed I'm asking for evidence that ancient humans could have built the structures that it seems are beyond the abilities humans would have had at the time they were built. Also in case you hadn't noticed, no one has provided evidence that they could have yet. People have insisted it exists and suggested I go looking for it, but as yet no one has been able to provide it. I learned years ago not to waste time looking for something to support an opposing position, when no one on the opposing side is able to provide any of that same evidence to support themselves even when they're asked to. It's like when I was a kid another kid told me he could fly over the house so I challenged him to do it, but he just didn't "want to". So far it's the same thing here...I'm told evidence exists but as yet no one "wants to" :huh: present it. If it does exist, hopefully somebody will eventually present it. If it does not exist, hopefully I'll stop considering the possibility that it does exist evetually at some point since no one is able to present it. How long to keep considering the possibility with no evidence is the big question for me at this point.

#55    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

View Postscowl, on 13 March 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

the whole thing was proved to be a fraud

#56    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostMallaliak, on 13 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

What AA belives

I'm being a bit lazy and redirecting you to a previous post of mine on this.

That's SOME of the things that show claims is real. Add also that vikings could fly and that.
The most likely thing imo is Leedskalnin's claim that magnetism is the key, though if it requires electromagnets then that again puts it out of the abilities of ancient humans. So far we still have no evidence ancient humans could have done some of those things on their own. Whether or not advanced beings took vikings for rides in air vehicles is not significant to this aspect imo, other than that if they did it's more evidence that they were in a position to help move big rocks around too.

#57    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Edited by nopeda, 13 March 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#58    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postscowl, on 13 March 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

The books I cited . . . completely eliminate the idea that advanced astrobeings assisted in the construction the pyramids.

#59    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

View Postnopeda, on 13 March 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

The most likely thing imo is Leedskalnin's claim that magnetism is the key, though if it requires electromagnets then that again puts it out of the abilities of ancient humans. So far we still have no evidence ancient humans could have done some of those things on their own. Whether or not advanced beings took vikings for rides in air vehicles is not significant to this aspect imo, other than that if they did it's more evidence that they were in a position to help move big rocks around too.

It was more to give you a general idea of what the "Ancient Aliens" show actually claims, before you start to listen to their claims. But if you're still thinking we would need more advanced means to construct things, I will share some basic wikipedia links here.

Bronze Horseman - The Thunderstone which is part of it, is quite a feat. Nothing extremly complicated about it, just sheer dedication and manpower.

Add to that, this list and we have a nice list of big, heavy objects mostly moved by simplest means. So no, these ancient constructs were not beyond the abilities of man at the time. Certainly it's beyond the comprehension for some that it's possible to construct something such as the great pyramid of Giza with simple tools, but it's not that mysterious if you look at various suggestions of construction and then start to compare it to other monuments of ancient cultures or modern ones.

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#60    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

It just takes a bit of intelligent`s to See that the Ancients  did build the Pryamids Its all in a few years hard work !
They didnt have afterall T.V. and the Internet to look at for hours & Hours !

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users