Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Shop that sold gun to Lanza's Mother raided

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,967 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Why were they raided and why was their firearms license revoked?  Were they doing something we don't know about yet?  I hate what Lanza did but you can't hold them responsible for it if that is what this is about.

Newtown School Shooting Update: Shop that sold gun to Adam Lanza's mother loses firearms license

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

That is very strange and pointless.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostHilander, on 06 April 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

Why were they raided and why was their firearms license revoked?  Were they doing something we don't know about yet?  I hate what Lanza did but you can't hold them responsible for it if that is what this is about.

Newtown School Shooting Update: Shop that sold gun to Adam Lanza's mother loses firearms license

Huh, that is pretty strange...

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

odd

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,883 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

Sounds like someone is pandering to the vox populi, and just dealing arbitrary "justice".
Like "putting down" a lion that mauls some idiot who gets into the lion's enclosure and then throws rocks at it. It achieves nothing, it just makes some people "feel better".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,374 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Probably to make a example out of them for selling guns to a parent of a mental ill child. And it's probably one of those "Somebody has to pay, why not them?" mentality, since Lanza's mother is not around to take the total blame.

The owner of the shop will probably be sued next.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,967 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

So if you sell someone a car that can't drive worth a darn and they kill someone they can come back and take your dealers license.  What a presidence to set.

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Absurd.

If they broke any laws, then sure, revoke the license.  Even the NRA would support that.

But if this is just some feel good crap some politician is pulling, then they should sue and sue big.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#9    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,620 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

I doubt anyone would agree that removing the shop's license without cause is a good thing.

However - combining this with Obama's recent speech, where he claimed that the weapon used was a fully automatic - maybe that particular shop's being doing some illegal modifications.

Time will tell, either way.

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Selling guns to drug dealers?

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostTiggs, on 06 April 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

I doubt anyone would agree that removing the shop's license without cause is a good thing.

However - combining this with Obama's recent speech, where he claimed that the weapon used was a fully automatic - maybe that particular shop's being doing some illegal modifications.

Time will tell, either way.

Let's see, the odds that this shop was illegally modifying weapons and the first we've heard about it was a gun control speech by the President 4 months later vs Obama, like almost all anti-2nd Amendment politicians of late, playing fast and loose with gun terminology to increase the shock value of their comments.......I think I'll go with the latter in this case.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#12    F3SS

F3SS

Anything goes

• 8,133 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

I didn't think Obama said that but if he did then he'd be wrong. The details of this case have been so screwed up and misinformed, intentionally so. Nothing's more dangerous than the truth for enacting gun control laws.

#13    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,620 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostRafterman, on 06 April 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Let's see, the odds that this shop was illegally modifying weapons and the first we've heard about it was a gun control speech by the President 4 months later vs Obama, like almost all anti-2nd Amendment politicians of late, playing fast and loose with gun terminology to increase the shock value of their comments.......I think I'll go with the latter in this case.
I have no actual evidence that the two are connected. I just suspect that they might be. Feel free to believe otherwise.

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 06 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

I didn't think Obama said that but if he did then he'd be wrong. The details of this case have been so screwed up and misinformed, intentionally so. Nothing's more dangerous than the truth for enacting gun control laws.
Here's an article from Breitbart confirming that he said it at a recent fundraiser.

#14    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Perhaps the shop was closed so that certain evidence could be secured and protected?  Certain paperwork or something?

Tiggs

You had me chuckling there a few posts back, suggesting that an illegal weapon was somehow involved. :tsu:   But what funnier was that innuendo suggesting Obama's statement was somehow factual.  Not to mention this is a government whose justice dept was running guns to Mexico.  The hypocrisy is very rich.

#15    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,620 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 April 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Tiggs

You had me chuckling there a few posts back, suggesting that an illegal weapon was somehow involved. :tsu:   But what funnier was that innuendo suggesting Obama's statement was somehow factual.  
As it's so obviously hilarious - presumably you have actual evidence to the contrary?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users