Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hearing name called?

GhostHunterChickx

Can anyone set me straight....We have moved around a lot the last few years and in 2 previous houses, we had a few funny goings on. Seeing dark childlike shapes in doorways and from corner of eye etc. Also had a few instances of child laughter and humming, which was a bit creepy.

But the weirdest things were the names etc being called out. I would be working at my computer etc when I'd hear what sounded to be my daughter shouting Mammy, so I would just go to her room to check, then on the way think....she's at Nursery??? I have also heard my own name being called as if someone has just walked in the door and shouting to see where I was or why I hadn't answered the door.

I have been told that this is not a spirit but maybe some kind of entity or demonic force toying with me? Any suggestions :-)

PS i am living in a totally quiet home now, no noises etc....so I'm def not mad!!!lol

I can't set you straight; however, I believe a therapist can.

This sounds like schizophrenia to me, in all honesty.

• Like 1

If you can remember... how did you feel just before your name was called. When you heard your name called, what was your reaction immediately after?

Can anyone set me straight....We have moved around a lot the last few years and in 2 previous houses, we had a few funny goings on. Seeing dark childlike shapes in doorways and from corner of eye etc. Also had a few instances of child laughter and humming, which was a bit creepy.

I have been told that this is not a spirit but maybe some kind of entity or demonic force toying with me? Any suggestions :-)

Dark child like shape's... do they look like the outline of a person but a shadow form ? (dark in colour same as a shadow, and being transparent)

If they are then I think they would be classed as "Shadow People"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

I have seen one before, and unlike the wiki link which states "They are often reported moving with quick, jerky movements, and quickly disintegrate into walls or mirrors", the one I had seen looked like they were either wearing a hood or had long hair and was approximately 5' 6" and was walking from the stair door to the opposite door leading to the kitchen (just like You or I would do), in the house I lived in at the time

(This happened in the evening, the ceiling light was on at the time which was a 100 watt bulb, so it definitely was not a shadow of a person from outside)

I never heard my name being called or humming or child laughter though, there was no noise at all

The one I had seen startled me but did not seem to be overly aggressive or evil, a little un-nerving maybe, but saying that, ever since then I have had a run of bad luck (putting it lightly) and also seen a demonic entity not long after that (in a different place I had moved to) which was the only one that s**t me up and had a severe feeling of dread with

• Like 1

Wow I really didn't need that movement description of Shadow people, the whole concept creeps me out as it is :P and I'm glad I ain't seen any yet! The stories of folks getting their names called out by unseen and unknown things is also pretty eerie, it's common among 'demons' apparently yes, just what level or intent they hold i would have no idea. History of the place and whether you or anyone close may have provoked anything in the last year would also be good to start with. That is presuming all logical possibilities have been explored.

• Like 1

Actually it dosnt sound a bit like it at all. And a therapist could not help with that particular illness... Good advice !?!??

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 5

anyone else hear these sounds ?

yeah my husband has on a few occasions....sometimes humming and singing like a mother would to a child, he has also had the someone coming in the door and shouting for a response one, only to go see and no one there and door is locked. We also had the whole driving up the drive, car stopping, doors slamming, keys noise and vibration through floor of someone walking in once...that was pretty freaky!

Ps I have already quizzed my doc...as I was wondering if I was reacting to my medication for allergies x but she said no...then obviously other people have heard some of the noises etc so def not schitzo!!! may be a tad mad, but not delusional :-0

yeah, I had thought of shadow people, but not sure whether they are some sort of apparition or entity/demon.

My husband has also seen a cloudlike thing flying out of me and thru the floor, really frightened me.

glad is some ways that we don't live in them homes now, but would love to investigate them some more too!

My daughter had problems with sleeping at both homes claiming something was in her room, but here in this house I feel nothing, no noises and daughter sleeps fine....it's just weird

yeah my husband has on a few occasions....sometimes humming and singing like a mother would to a child, he has also had the someone coming in the door and shouting for a response one, only to go see and no one there and door is locked. We also had the whole driving up the drive, car stopping, doors slamming, keys noise and vibration through floor of someone walking in once...that was pretty freaky!

i don't believe in mass hysteria if two people heard something then there was something that made sound

also i don't believe ghosts can or have the power to bother or scare people they're powerless

demon .. maybe .. and they are likely always to attack weaker individuals .. children for example

well you're outta of that house right ? problem solved whatever it was :D

Someone I know had this happen to her. She was alone in the house and busy, when she heard her name called. It took her by complete surprise because it had the voice of her mom. Her mom was in another country at that time and it couldn't be her.

She responded with mom, but then realized it couldn't be possible. Then came the realization that it couldn't be the mom and there was no explanation for what happend.

If it is something makin noise like a child and its consistant then its probably a child, But if it changes then you might have something more like you said above.

If it gets bad then at times you will not even trust your eyes and ears when you hear or see real strange things.

i don't believe in mass hysteria if two people heard something then there was something that made sound

also i don't believe ghosts can or have the power to bother or scare people they're powerless

demon .. maybe .. and they are likely always to attack weaker individuals .. children for example

No offense but just because you don't believe in mass hysteria doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria

Edited by coldethyl
  • Like 1

I have heard that when you see someone out of the corner of your eye that isn't there when you look it is your spirit guide. However, I doubt they would be calling out names and causing the disruptions you described...

Maybe your being haunted by a ghost. :whistle:

we did think that, just glad it hasn't followed us this time yet!!!

I do go ghost hunting and use witchcraft, nice spells not nasty stuff....so maybe I bring it upon myself???

Yeah, we are out of them houses now....it happened in the previous 2 up north and only 1 down south. Just don't like the idea of it imitating people or being around my little girl either :-(

It can mess with me all it likes, I probably deserve it !

But the weirdest things were the names etc being called out. I would be working at my computer etc when I'd hear what sounded to be my daughter shouting Mammy, so I would just go to her room to check, then on the way think....she's at Nursery??? I have also heard my own name being called as if someone has just walked in the door and shouting to see where I was or why I hadn't answered the door.

PS i am living in a totally quiet home now, no noises etc....so I'm def not mad!!!lol

ok, things like that do exist in this world, don't disrespect or curse yep no scolding. it's a spirit attached in your new house. can't get rid of it either. don't fight with it either because it'll get worst.

treat it like u treat a human being or else will be ok. they won't harm u if u don't harm them.

Do you even know what schizophrenia is? Do you know about the neuronal migration involved? I wouldn't pass judgement so readily and so publically.

I read in the mid-90's that 65% of americans have auditory hallucinations. That means that the majority of the population in the USA are hearing voices. Probabaly can be found on eurekalert or psychology today, since I read them both quite a bit at that time.

Edited by regeneratia

I sometimes hear my son's voice when I am at work, while he is in school. So I just sit down, send him the love he must need at that time, and then go about my business.

I do hear my name being called, or used to. I don't hear it much anymore.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

I have heard that when you see someone out of the corner of your eye that isn't there when you look it is your spirit guide. However, I doubt they would be calling out names and causing the disruptions you described...

That depends on what they are trying to accomplish.... Many times to get people to wake up, a bit if tough love is in order. Benevolent guides sometimes have to scare the hebe jebes out of people to jar them a bit. Not unlike tossing water on a sleeping teenager that won't get up.

Hi :yes: Ive had this happen to me a few years ago when my sister and I moved into our first house. She always left for work before me and a few times i would hear the front door open again about fifteen minutes after she had left and I would hear her say goodbye again or call my name. It was always in my sisters voice. Although one time i felt someone sit down on my bed when i was resting and thinking it was my sister i did not say anything, i kept being shaken awake every time i started to go to sleep-i got so sick of it after a while and went to tell her just where she could go-only to be faced with nothing. Needless to say we both left the house after our lease was up. It wasnt anything bad i guess it was just a little unsettling. I guess spirits like to be close to the living too or feel like they are? Anyway that was my first ever ghost experiance-had a few more since then though. But your definiately not alone!!

Tarni

Hi :yes: Ive had this happen to me a few years ago when my sister and I moved into our first house. She always left for work before me and a few times i would hear the front door open again about fifteen minutes after she had left and I would hear her say goodbye again or call my name. It was always in my sisters voice. Although one time i felt someone sit down on my bed when i was resting and thinking it was my sister i did not say anything, i kept being shaken awake every time i started to go to sleep-i got so sick of it after a while and went to tell her just where she could go-only to be faced with nothing. Needless to say we both left the house after our lease was up. It wasnt anything bad i guess it was just a little unsettling. I guess spirits like to be close to the living too or feel like they are? Anyway that was my first ever ghost experiance-had a few more since then though. But your definiately not alone!!

Tarni

Hi Tarni....yes it was very unsettling at times, especially when my little girl was being woken virtually every night and we had terrible trouble getting her back off to sleep.

We are glad we are in a quiet house now, but as a ghost hunter I am a little sad not being able to investigate it anymore. It is so nice to come back to a quiet and safe home on a night now :-)

• Like 1

i dont know about you guys, but i have had a number of strange things happen mostly good, always random psychic events...but a few weird disturbing things aswell...one when i was young around eleven my mom bought an old small circular mirror from the thrift store... she put it in the bathroom ..then one day i was arguing with her while i was in the bathroom ( cant remember why) but in the midst of it i looked down at this mirror and saw a clear face that was not my own .. i have dark hair and brown eyes..what was looking back was bald w pink wrinkly skin , no nose , blue creepy eyes and a slit for a mouth...i bolted out of the room, i still get chills when i think about it yrs later....now about voices, not my name being called but i did hear the words "im creeping up on you" whispered in my ear (about 2 yrs ago) while laying in bed......disturbing, nothing since then , thank god... i will say--i am not mentally ill or schitzophrenic, and as for the other apparently unexplainable things that ive experienced i have had witnesses more than a few times , if any one else has had a weird experience with a mirror or mirrors... please share

. i will say--i am not mentally ill or schitzophrenic, and as for the other apparently unexplainable things that ive experienced i have had witnesses more than a few times , if any one else has had a weird experience with a mirror or mirrors... please share

Schizophrenia is a mental illness.

And you don't have to be mentally ill to hallucinate. You could have had low blood sugar, inner ear problems, etc. Just so you know.

the_more_you_know2.jpg