Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do you beileve in dragons?

diablo66666

do you beileve?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. do you beileve?

• dragons exist!
    • i dont care...
    • no they dont!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• Sir_Oguh2

• mr_halo

• diablo66666

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are Komodo Dragons counted ??? or are you referring to the mythical ones

they used to exist, until I hunted them all!

ut seriously, I think that they probably did

Edited by Monster Hunter X

Monster original.gif thanks for sparing the Komodos *L* mind ya ... if you wiped them out too noone would believe you *LOL*

Well, they would never guess I was behind it. I left a few dragons, but the others were just too dangerous to people.

No evidence.

I believe that Dragons were invented by a fledgling man.

As they built their castles, moats and gradually dug up the Earth (worldwide) they uncovered fossilised Dinosaurs. Not knowing how old these bones were they assumed that there must be gigantic creatures walking the Earth with them, so the tales and exagerations began.

I think dragons were the representation of an evil, as heros would kill them then ask for the hand of fome one. In fact i believe it's just an other name for Devil, as it was scrilisous to say holy names.

i think dragons used to exist, because if the older civilizations dug them up, why are there so many dragons depicted in many of the cultures? they could have depicted them differently if they were dug up separately, cause i doubt that a lot of civilization would have a press conference if they dug up bones of an unusual creature.

Dragons are usually found in Eurasian cultures, in America demonic or evil entity would take the form of some animals, like the playful coyote or judging bear.

I just think the idea probably started with things like Chimera and Serberus, then through commerce it moved from Greece to asia and to the north of europe.

unless we find actual bones and proof of there powers they will remain in the oddity section of science and litterature.

Edited by kikuchiyo

I definitely believe that dragons used to exist and I'm half convinced that there are still some around, probably in China, I think there was a case on one being sighted there in the thirties(?)

i think they used to exist. and maybe some still exist. dragons are so popular they cant just come from a guy who wanted to create something cool. everybody knows about dragons. even if you ask a little kid what is a dragon he will probably know so i think they existed to be so popular. i dont know if you understand what i mean...too bad if you dont

i think they used to exist. and maybe some still exist. dragons are so popular they cant just come from a guy who wanted to create something cool. everybody knows about dragons. even if you ask a little kid what is a dragon he will probably know so i think they existed to be so popular. i dont know if you understand what i mean...too bad if you dont

347557[/snapback]

Everyone knows who the Tooth Fairy is too.

Why do you have such a belief that dragons existed. As far as I know, they haven't found fossils from such a creature.

I agree with the idea of dinosaur bones being found and thought to be dragons. If there was already a huge beast in a people's mythology, it would make sense they would draw from discovered gigantic bones as a model to look somewhat reptilian.

yea maybe your right mad manfred...maybe they found dinosaurs bones and they thought that they were from dragons...well we will never know. i just hope dragons exist rolleyes.gif

I believe that at one time or another, dragons exist(ed). Just not on this plane. In other words, a dimension close to ours but not entirely the same. cat.gif

There is a theory that says dragons could have been comets that humans misrepresented.

"It is quite possible that dragons were comets. So what do dragons and comets have in common? Dragons were depicted as serpents with wings and could fly through the sky. They had a head and a long body. Likewise, comets have a head and a long body and appear to fly through the sky. The chief Mayan god was "Kukulkan" which literally meant "feathered serpent". A comet has a long body but the body fans out as if it has feathers. A "feathered serpent" is a perfect description of a comet. See pictures of comets Hyakutake and Halebopp."

(Sir_Oguh2 @ Nov 8 2004, 10:44 AM)

"Why are there dragon myths found in almost all cultures on Earth?

In order for dragon legends to be so widespread, there must have been an event that was common to all areas of the Earth. The only thing that looks like a flying serpent, could be seen by every person in the world, and be able to cause global destructive effects would be an impact on the Earth by a comet. If this did happen at some remote time in history, all of the people on Earth would have seen the comet (dragon) moving through the stars and each night it would have gotten bigger and bigger until it had a tail that stretched all the way across the sky. The sight of this monstrous flying serpent monster must have struck terror in all of the people of Earth. Relatively few people would have witnessed the impact of the comet but soon afterward, the entire Earth would have been bombarded by burning rocks falling from the sky. The sky would have darkened from the smoke of the impact and all of the fires started around the world. The darkness would have lasted for months and the crops everywhere on Earth would have failed. There would have been widespread starvation and disease. Every culture would have experience the terrible after effects of the comet impact. If there had been an advanced civilization at that time (Atlantis perhaps), it would have fallen apart as its people were reduced to a hand to mouth existence. Many generations later, the knowledge and culture from the previous civilization would have disappeared but each generation would tell stories about the monstrous flying serpent that caused so much destruction."

Source

I never would have even thought of dragons and comets being confused together.

But it seems to really make sense, think if they seen that and then uncovered dinosaur fossils, I mean that would be very convincing, well before we knew the fossils age.

How do you know? Do you think people had an extensive understanding of our solar system or earth? People were probably very impressionable at the time. Just because we know today, does this mean they should have known then? If you were in their position, and you say a comet for the first time, what would you think?

probably something like that you are probably right but still there is something strange about this i just dont know what it is. but yea your right