Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Get Rid of Toxic Faith

jpalz

Well, before we start, Bo Sanchez is a charismatic preacher in Philipines, so if you're thinking this is another article that advocates the wonders of atheism or something like that, it's not. More than erradicating faith, he advocates the erradication of the distorted views of faith- the Toxic Faith as he calls it-. But let's make his words do the talking, shall we?

Here!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpalz

• DieChecker

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that almost every church has a few of these. One church I went to for a couple years had a lady who repeatedly told most of the congregation they were going to Hell for watching Austin Powers and Harry Potter movies. Also that the children would go to Hell for playing with Pokemon Cards. These people become totally obssesed with other people going to Hell.

Also I have met people who are like this who claim to be Wicca or Pagan.

These people can be very intolerant.

Perhaps Toxic Faith is another name for Zealot?

Going to Hell by playing Pokemon Cards?

:lol:

I'm not really a fan of Pokémon, but going to Hell for playing some card game? It doesn't even have naked chicks on it, and no, this little fella here doesn't count:

linked-image

That lady is precisely the type of people Bo talks about. One thing is that you believe in Hell (I do too, but that's another story), but telling people in church you're going there for reading Harry Potter? Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

Although, think about it: why do they do that? Is it because they're so terrified of Hell that they feel they have the duty to save everyone? Maybe they were victims of Toxic Faith as well. Not that I'm justifying their "Harry Potter=Hell" nonsense, but it's just a thought.

As for Zealot as another name, I dunno if they can be used as one and the same, but yeah, they're damn close :yes: