Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

Thunderbird photo

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

#616    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

if you can give me better search results i might be able to find it on the internet

#617    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 04 November 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

if you can give me better search results i might be able to find it on the internet
Believe me, if it was on here (the internet) someone would have found it already.

#618    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 05 November 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

Believe me, if it was on here (the internet) someone would have found it already.
Correct!
People have been looking for it starting in the early 1980s. So, I'm also pretty sure everyone who knows how to use a search engine has looked online already. I doubt someone is going to type some combination of words into a search engine and finally find it. I know I've spent about 20 hours on it over the last 7 years. Counting library visits, but not driving time.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#619    charletrm

charletrm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

i was wondering if you were talkin about " quest for the unknown" series?..it has the worlds largest bird the andean condor?..it was said that the bird was larger than that??..It talks about a farmer n his wife?

#620    I want to see

I want to see

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

What an utterly fascinating thread. I too 'believe' that i have seen this photo, but you have to wonder if the memory was just created, but i'd fair swear not. I have early 90's magazine sets named 'The X-Factor' and 'The Unexplained (Mysteries of time, mind and space)' by Orbis and there's nothing in there. Someone earlier mentioned the TV series hosted by Leonard Nimoy from the late 1970's, "In search of...". It was that program that as a 8-9 year old ignited my interest in such mysteries and phenomena - absolutely brilliant.

The creepy thing about looking in the Thunderbirds section of 'The X-factor series of magazines was that there was a small article about the photo having been lost. Based on some speculation & considering of all theories here that such an image may have existed in such magazines but was somehow 'deleted' or 'replaced', some small part of me, a very small part, wonders if at one point those magazines sitting in boxes in my garage and that particular page once contained an image of an extremely large bird nailed up against a barn door with a line up of cowboys under it....

#621    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,775 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

I someone has the power to magically alter printed books to remove pictures of big birds, then surely the power to remove the memory of said large avian is well within their capabilities.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#622    Batan

Batan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostCuriousface.97, on 08 May 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hello guys :)

I recently scoured my father's computer in result of finding this image:  http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52ytye&s=7

file:///Users/joedrury/Desktop/Cool/Thunderbird%20photo%20copy.jpg
(Copy and paste to the search box)

I personally have never seen the 'thunderbird photo' and so do not know the authenticity of the image; the image is also VERY battered up (as you can see) but I needed to ckeck with you. Is this what so many remember?

Good luck with the search! :tu:

So I know that that isn't the photo you are looking for.  Perhaps the photo you remember is not linked with Sanderson at all.  Anyway:  If anyone has any information on this photo (the one above), please please post it.  Thanks so much.  

Sorry to distract the OP, but I felt that this picture was seriously over looked- -I would like to find as much information on it as possible, so if anyone can help, I would be bloody happy.

Good Searching.

#623    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

View PostPsychic Ocelot, on 17 July 2010 - 09:36 PM, said:

That looks like the picture I was thinking of when I started reading the thread. I also found the earlier thread on this, it was back in 2003, I found it while looking for the pic.
that looks like an Ed Gein lookalike contest, with a random Pterosaur thrown in as eye candy.....

#624    Batan

Batan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I know it is very blurry, but I have never seen the supposed photo that sanderson had, so I wanted more thoughts.  Please take a look at it even though it is not the one in the OP.  Thanks so much.

Good Searching.

#625    cryptidexpert100

cryptidexpert100

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi, i found a couple pics idk if they r the one u r talking about. but i think you could be mistaken, there is a thunderbird tack shop and a thunderbird berry farm. Posted ImagePosted Image

#626    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I think this is an example of when you KNOW the name of a band singing a song on the radio but when you go to announce it you forget. Then you turn to someone else and they forget to and so on but this time no one remembers. Except this is amplified on the forum since no one can agree exactly on what the photo contained. A bird, people and a barn. Most of the pics I have seen have all of those elements, just not in one picture (unless it has been put together).

JMO but I do not think there is a missing picture, just fuzzy memories that seem convinced there is one (not meaning any disrespect or anything) and then furthered by everyone else thinking there MUST be a picture. Fun idea though and would make for an interesting short story if put together properly. Saying that I hop[e I am wrong and you guys find the picture :tu:

#627    Thylacina

Thylacina

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

• "I'm not wierd, I'm just different with a twist."

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

I remember that pic too but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users