Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

explain the unexplained

et's daddy

im sure many of you skeptics are better and have more knowledge then our 1950's air force

so, since project blue book poured over 1000's of ufo reports and found 10% even they couldnt explain away as mars, or swamp gas, or a known plane, or whatever

maybe some of you would care to explain it hmm.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• et's daddy

• KevinM

• aquatus1

• Walken

Why would a highly intelligent race, with the capability of travelling light years within their lifespan waste their time and energy to fly down into our atmosphere, but not go the extra mile to the ground and confront us?

If the have the technology to travel that far, then they have the ability to spy on us without our knowledge.

The answer is typically the most simple one.

Why would a highly intelligent race, with the capability of travelling light years within their lifespan waste their time and energy to fly down into our atmosphere, but not go the extra mile to the ground and confront us?

If the have the technology to travel that far, then they have the ability to spy on us without our knowledge.

507672[/snapback]

ok that was like a non-answer in the form of wasted keystrokes hmm.gif

507672[/snapback]

mabe cause they dont want to come on the ground and cofont us if i was an alien capable of all that an seeing what humans are capable of i would not i would keep my distance till i feel like comming down. thats only if i was a peace full alien other wise i would try to enslave u all just kidding but for real i dont know if i would come on the ground. mabe they like to abduct people mabe its just their thing. mabe all they came here to do was some thing scientifically where they dont need to come dont to the ground. just a thought. (sorry about spelling)

blink.gif Sorry, I should've just written "common sense"

common sense explains a ufo that performs beyond known terrestrial craft that the air force cant explain ?

gee, why didnt the fellas on project blue book think of that ?

Well its almost like us flying to the moon except they dont land on earth or who knows maybe they do in unknown areas, or they just observe our life cause our life is like going to the movies for them lol.

im sure many of you skeptics are better and have more knowledge then our 1950's air force

so, since project blue book poured over 1000's of ufo reports and found 10% even they couldnt explain away as mars, or swamp gas, or a known plane, or whatever

maybe some of you would care to explain it  hmm.gif

507664[/snapback]

This is my first post so please bear with me. I consider myself a skeptical believer, if that makes sense.

Anyway, to answer the question we'd need to see each "unexplained" case and research it from square one. My feeling is that since the Blue Book team are stumped they are truly UFOs, as in Unidentified Flying Objects, not necessarily ships from another world or alien visitors, it is simply not known exactly what they are.

Because a lot of these cases seem to have very little evidence (one eyewitness report, grainy photograph, etc.) it's hard or impossible to determine what these things are. However, just because it can't be proven that these thing are terrestrial in origin doesn't prove they are extra terrestrial. The jury is still out.

507672[/snapback]

Right just like we study Apes and monkeys and go up to them and ask them how their day is. hmm.gif

Explain the unexplained? Well, it's unexplained, therefore beyond explanation.

Walken, i have been waiting for you to post on this thread, i just knew you wouldn't be able to resist.. tongue.gif

alien.gif ONE SKEPTICS QUESTION IS " If they are here, why don't they land on the White House Lawn and say Hi." Well the UFOs tried that and we sent armed war planes after them. OK, now what? alien.gif

508148[/snapback]

Well said! yes.gif

If the only information you have to work on is that a certain number of people saw a brightly glowing light in the sky, there is only so much that you can do with that info. I could have been a variety of different things, up to and including aliens, however, since no conclusion can be drawn, it remains unexplained. Unexplained does not mean there was no natural explanation for it; it means there was not enough information with which to form a conclusion. Unexplained does not default the conclusion towards extra-terrestrials.

If the only information you have to work on is that a certain number of people saw a brightly glowing light in the sky, there is only so much that you can do with that info.  I could have been a variety of different things, up to and including aliens, however, since no conclusion can be drawn, it remains unexplained.  Unexplained does not mean there was no natural explanation for it; it means there was not enough information with which to form a conclusion.  Unexplained does not default the conclusion towards extra-terrestrials.

508270[/snapback]

and when the witnesses # in the hundreds ?

when there is video evidence ?

when a craft appears to travel in ways no known craft can ?

does that make it swamp gas ?

maybe 200 people or so have a mass hallucination ?

alien.gif  ONE SKEPTICS QUESTION IS " If they are here, why don't they land on the White House Lawn and say Hi." Well the UFOs tried that and we sent armed war planes after them.                        OK, now what? alien.gif

508198[/snapback]

When exactly did that happen? huh.gif A link please, if ya got one..

- Dark

508285[/snapback]

The witnesses could number in the thousands and that will not make a spot of light be anything other than a spot of light. A video of a spot of light is still nothing more than a video with a spot of light. If all you have to go on is a spot of light, there is very little that you can conclude from it.

Appearances can be deceiving, especially when it comes to aircraft (believe me, as an aviation officer, I've seen plenty of things that I've had to double-check the electronic records to make sure they didn't happen that way). Trying to make sense of how something is moving without any points of reference is a very tricky business indeed, even for experienced pilots, let alone laymen.

Swamp gas? If we are dealing with things higher than fifty feet, unlikely.

Mass Hallucination? Possibly. More likely, however, is that there was indeed a spot of light up there. What that light was, without any further data, remains unexplained. Not because it is extra-terrestrial in origin, but rather because we simply have nothing with which we can draw a conclusion.

Walken, i have been waiting for you to post on this thread, i just knew you wouldn't be able to resist.. 

lol, grown quite the repuation I have.

I couldn't help myself! The title was 'Explain the unexplained!' what am I supposed to do? grin2.gif

Um..No, thats not what 'unexplained' means..it just means it has yet to be explained, not that its beyond explanation.

And sorry ET i do not have enough knowledge on the subject to explain it..but ill look up some stuff and see what i can come up with. thumbsup.gif

Quit ruining my jibe!

• 2 weeks later...

NOne of that proves any thing what so ever. First video evidence can be faked. Second witnesses can lie, misunderstand naturally occuring phenomenon, and hallucinate. Finally ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE IS NOT AND NEVER SHALL BE SCIENTIFIC. Thousands of people through out history have claimed to see demons and angels. Video documentation does exist of both. Do you believe in either? For that matter have you ever considered the possibility that the reason why the miniscule number of unexplained craft act in ways that are scientificly impossible for a physical aircraft is that theres nothing physical about it?

Aliens are one interpritation. The idea that they are Satan and his demons is in fact equally valid. The same evidence supports both conclusions people only pick aliens because aliens are whats popular. Three hundred years ago no one believed in aliens.

It reminds me of a book i read during the 1970's.

"Can 50 millions american be wrong ?"

I've been following this thing for a long time and most of you wasn't born yet.

I already explained it to myself.

Whatever they are, they are just there.

You don't need proof actually to figure this out.

There are stories of that ancient people would pass down over the years about people form the stars coming down to earth. Most considered them gods or at least godlike. One thing that frustrates me a bit is when people try saying things like "why don't they do this or that?" "Why would they come to earth we are such a back water planet?" etc.. First off no one on earth can really know alien psychology so therefore we can only guess what they might do and think. Just because us humans wouldn't do something doesn't mean another species wouldn't. Perhaps their technology has allowed them to travel in ways we do not understand yet or their life span could be long enough to allow long travels. Then once they are here why do they have to just come down for one first then leave. I have heard so many people talking about why would the aliens waste their time in some small town. Well for all we know they have been living on some mother ship, or a base on a moon or planet. If that was true then they could spend as much time as wanted observing all aspects of our life. If thats true then the aliens may have been watching us for thousands of years and may very well continue for many more years to come. I personally think that they are only observing us until we as a species reach a certain level of knowledge to where we can interact with them better then we could now or a thousand years ago.

Think about it, if they landed and explained that they wanted to have our two species interact with each other one on one most people in the world would flip out. Claim it to be the end of the world or start up a fight with them claiming they are trying to enslave us. Perhaps they would like to come down now but realize that the current situation in the world would mean any technology they gave us would end up being used to attack each other.

Just wanted to get it off my chest. original.gif

Jeremy W.

The United Paranormal Investigators Association

Indeed, but many people claim it's a mistaken identity.

So which is it, are demons and angels mistaken for ETs, or is it the other way around?