Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Piers Morgan debates Ted Nugent on GunControl

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostStellar, on 06 February 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

But, Michelle, isnt that exactly what you're doing when arguing that an XM15 shouldnt be called an AR15?

I just made on offhand comment because it's a pet peeve of mine when the news isn't accurately reported. A Chevy and a Mercedes are both cars but they aren't the same. :P

#32    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostShayde, on 06 February 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Don't you get it, oh backward colonial types? Why, what he is doing is trying to help you all understand just how SILLY you all are!
oh, look at that, another brit is telling us how silly we all backward colonial types are, lol. it must be national thing there. go on, tell us something else, clown

RESIDENT TROLL.

#33    Shayde

Shayde

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

On the front of owning weapons, I understand the concept of self defense, and being armed - especially in regard with protecting your house or property - is as mentioned part of your laws, but why do you need to own what looks like a sub-machine gun?  See, I can understand the "trifecta" if you like of having ownership of a pistol, shotgun and rifle. That makes sense, but is owning the likes of an AR-15 - whether this be the above mentioned Bushmaster or any of the variants - simply to intimidate any intruder?  There was a recent documentary over here on the open carry movement, and during one part it followed a couple who go around armed regulary to a meeting of like minded folk. Now the couple - man and wife - both had small handguns, the man carrying a snubnosed revolver, the woman a small automatic (with pink grips). As they stood talking to their friends - all armed with similar weapons, discussing how they also had a shotgun each at home, a new man joined them. And on his hip, he had the holster that looked like a classic old west gunfighters type, and in this was a old style Colt .45. He even did the spinning on finjger trick to impress the camera crew. Which in itself was possibly stupid. Anyhowm when asked why he had that type of gun, while the others had not only more modern ones, and smaller to boot, he kept saying "It's my right."   No problem with that, but was it also a sort of "arms race" as well? You know, you lot have smaller guns, I got a bigger one!

#34    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,623 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostShayde, on 06 February 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

On the front of owning weapons, I understand the concept of self defense, and being armed - especially in regard with protecting your house or property - is as mentioned part of your laws, but why do you need to own what looks like a sub-machine gun?  See, I can understand the "trifecta" if you like of having ownership of a pistol, shotgun and rifle. That makes sense, but is owning the likes of an AR-15 - whether this be the above mentioned Bushmaster or any of the variants - simply to intimidate any intruder?  There was a recent documentary over here on the open carry movement, and during one part it followed a couple who go around armed regulary to a meeting of like minded folk. Now the couple - man and wife - both had small handguns, the man carrying a snubnosed revolver, the woman a small automatic (with pink grips). As they stood talking to their friends - all armed with similar weapons, discussing how they also had a shotgun each at home, a new man joined them. And on his hip, he had the holster that looked like a classic old west gunfighters type, and in this was a old style Colt .45. He even did the spinning on finjger trick to impress the camera crew. Which in itself was possibly stupid. Anyhowm when asked why he had that type of gun, while the others had not only more modern ones, and smaller to boot, he kept saying "It's my right."   No problem with that, but was it also a sort of "arms race" as well? You know, you lot have smaller guns, I got a bigger one!

See, there is a little problem for the gun industry, and that is that the new urban generation (if you exclude the gang bangers) has very little interest in real guns, they prefer virtual guns so that is being "solved" by two programs, first to sell the older generation a completely new type of weapon, as useful as tits on a bull for most private uses, by suggesting that they are getting a military gun to defend themselves against... (well in lack of a useful target lately against the "Tyrannical Government") and on the other side by trying hard to bring gun education into youth groups and sometimes even schools to generate some interest.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#35    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,918 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

If Lanza had used the shotgun, the libtards would be crying a river about shotguns today, right?  

I'm just trying to figure out what really matters.   So far, it's the 0.6% of gun crimes using their politically correct poopy-pants "assault" rifles.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#36    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postaztek, on 06 February 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

lol, they can't even spell the model of the shotgun right.it is not canta, but saiga. btw same mistake in both sources, perty much copy paste job.

The word сайга or CANTA which appears on the Rifle itself, is the Russian name, which translates into Saiga.

#37    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostTiggs, on 06 February 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

The word сайга or CANTA which appears on the Rifle itself, is the Russian name, which translates into Saiga.
thanks i knew that, however evey exported saiga rifle\shotgun, has word saiga written in english, there is no need to translate anything

RESIDENT TROLL.

#38    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,623 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postaztek, on 06 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

thanks i knew that, however evey exported saiga rifle\shotgun, has word saiga written in english, there is no need to translate anything

While you might, the person Tiggs answer was directed to evidently did not.. or was trying to sell us down the river as idiots. So I think that the answer was in order.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#39    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,918 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 February 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

While you might, the person Tiggs answer was directed to evidently did not.. or was trying to sell us down the river as idiots. So I think that the answer was in order.
Tiggs solved the conspiracy theory for us by identifying what was actually left in the trunk, and to the untrained eye who wants to smear the "assault rifle" at every possible junction of the debate, it looks like an AR-15 and that's good enough to focus on a barely registering miniscule percentage of gun crimes, as well as float the next CT some people fall into after any/every inconsistent news story they hear about.

It looks black and scary, but since Lanza used the .223, everyone's yammering about AR-15s and not Saiga 12s.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#40    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,623 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostYamato, on 06 February 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Tiggs solved the conspiracy theory for us by identifying what was actually left in the trunk, and to the untrained eye who wants to smear the "assault rifle" at every possible junction of the debate, it looks like an AR-15 and that's good enough to focus on a barely registering miniscule percentage of gun crimes, as well as float the next CT some people fall into after any/every inconsistent news story they hear about.

It looks black and scary, but since Lanza used the .223, everyone's yammering about AR-15s and not Saiga 12s.

Your question was whether the "libtards" would be squealing, well, in view that the Saiga is another castrated military rifle, my bet would be yes.

about me

#41    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,970 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostStellar, on 06 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.
So it's unacceptable to even JOKE about firearms around you?  I read Fess' statement and it never occurred to me he was serious.  Part of the joke was that ted is known as a wild man and that would have been in keeping with his persona - hence the "he's not stupid"  The inescapable, provable truth is that the VAST majority of all US gun owners NEVER use it in anger against another human being.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#42    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

i just watched the video, of cops getting a rifle out of the trunk,  even thou it was grainy, it was NOT ar type of rifle, the charging handle on ar is in the top back of the reciver, what they found was ak type rifle, with charging handle on the front\side.

Edited by aztek, 06 February 2013 - 07:41 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#43    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,918 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 February 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Your question was whether the "libtards" would be squealing, well, in view that the Saiga is another castrated military rifle, my bet would be yes.
Lo!  Shotguns are rifles now!   I'm afraid you just replaced one conspiracy with another.

#44    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

lol, no they are not rifles, but some shotguns are hard to tell apart from rifles, at the first glance especially in a dark, on grainy video ,saiga is a good example, lever action 410 shotguns, and marlin bolt action shotgun. they look just like rifles.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#45    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,918 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

And as every liberal knows all too well,  looks matter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users