Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1    MysteryX

MysteryX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• Fail to plan plan to fail.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real? I SAY NOT ONLY REAL, but one of the only real ever caught with a cammera.

Edited by MysteryX, 19 April 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#2    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,834 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

Can we save some broad ban here ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#3    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostMysteryX, on 19 April 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real? I SAY NOT ONLY REAL, but one of the only real ever caught with a cammera.

You cant be serious!?  :lol: This is as fake as it gets.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#4    MysteryX

MysteryX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostDBunker, on 19 April 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

You cant be serious!?  :lol: This is as fake as it gets.
So that is what you think? So if it was fake do you think it was a puppet? Or was it CGI? Most CGI experts say it cannot be done and that if it is a fake then it has to be a very expensive puppet. If you go full screen of this video you can even see eyelashes.

The other video I'm looking for that I would like to post here is the same footage but with the color filters inverted. The last version I know of has been removed for some reason. What was really intresting about that video before it was removed was when it was inverted you could see in the eye of the alien a man or woman sitting at a desk with depth and field (3D aspects) with a door and a file cabinet behind him. This type of image in iverted color filters could not occur unless it was alive. Glass eyes will not produce this effect. If I cannot find another copy of that video I will try to have it remade. The reason I mention it heree is the hopes someone else could make it or know where a copy of it is. If you have seen something like I have been speaking of please link it in this thread.

Lastly if it is a fake then why hasn't someone else duplicated it. I think it would be fun to duplicate it with the same shots except
near the end have the alien flip you the bird and then hold up a sign saying, "hey stupid I'm a CGI fake"  However no screaming people
saying its fake can duplicate it, nor can any CGI expert seem to be able to duplicate this alien. Gee, its black and white even, should be easy to do.

Why have they not done it? The answer is clear to me.

Edited by MysteryX, 19 April 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#5    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,834 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostMysteryX, on 19 April 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

So that is what you think? So if it was fake do you think it was a puppet? Or was it CGI? Most CGI experts say it cannot be done and that if it is a fake then it has to be a very expensive puppet. If you go full screen of this video you can even see eyelashes.

The other video I'm looking for that I would like to post here is the same footage but with the color filters inverted. The last version I know of has been removed for some reason. What was really intresting about that video before it was removed was when it was inverted you could see in the eye of the alien a man or woman sitting at a desk with depth and field (3D aspects) with a door and a file cabinet behind him. This type of image in iverted color filters could not occur unless it was alive. Glass eyes will not produce this effect. If I cannot find another copy of that video I will try to have it remade. The reason I mention it heree is the hopes someone else could make it or know where a copy of it is. If you have seen something like I have been speaking of please link it in this thread.

Lastly if it is a fake then why hasn't someone else duplicated it. I think it would be fun to duplicate it with the same shots except
near the end have the alien flip you the bird and then hold up a sign saying, "hey stupid I'm a CGI fake"  However no screaming people
saying its fake can duplicate it, nor can any CGI expert seem to be able to duplicate this alien. Gee, its black and white even, should be easy to do.

Now you gone and done it ! A Double Dog - Dare ! Now we will be seeing this soon on Youtube with maybe Charlie Sheen, or Tex  Like "There Out there Man" :innocent:

#6    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,442 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

The 'Skinny Bob' alien moves quite smoothly, were this actually filmed on an old 1940s 8mm camera the movement would not be so fluid. IMO this one's a hoax, filmed with a more modern camera and doctored to look vintage 1940s.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

I find that CGI claim very hard to believe considering productions like this.

Have you considered the budget?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,834 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

THis dog dont hunt any more ! Skinny-Bob  should be put to rest in the round fileing container ! :rolleyes:

#9    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 19 April 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Can we save some broad ban here ?

Too funny D, made my day! :w00t:  :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#10    MysteryX

MysteryX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostLilly, on 19 April 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

The 'Skinny Bob' alien moves quite smoothly, were this actually filmed on an old 1940s 8mm camera the movement would not be so fluid. IMO this one's a hoax, filmed with a more modern camera and doctored to look vintage 1940s.

Actually not the case but I imagine his eye lashes and eye lids when he blinks must have cost 20,000 dollars or more if it is a fake.
All that detail that you can only see unless you go full screen and then they film it in black in white, .... right.

Its funny to hear the responses to threads like this, people so convinced everything is so fake because some expert said so, even though the expert cannot duplicate it anymore than anyone else here could duplicate it. Cannot be done, some may say it can be done in this thread, but no one will ever duplicate this alien. It is just talk when they say it can be done. This thread could stay here 5 more years with 10,000 posts and no one will ever be able to duplicate this hoax and then post the duplication video on this thread as proof.

The other videos on you tube that are obvious fakes or CGI creation may be posted here by some, but never will this one with skinny Bob be duplicated with this same alien doing something in the footage that obviously confirms it as a hoax. Flip us the bird Skinny Bob then we will know for sure you are a hoax.

Edited by MysteryX, 19 April 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#11    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

when i first saw this, it was labelled as "crashed alien captured in Russia", then it became a Roswell crash survivor...I REALLY like that one, but i'd also call it a (very elaborate) hoax. It's surely not your average windows movie maker cheapo vid, but i go with what was said above about the clear & smooth movements. A real 40's camera shouldn't be able to reproduce that, as well as the above described "amazing details".... gooosh, i TOTALLY WISH that was real though...

#12    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,103 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Most CGI Experts said it couldn't be done.. was the usual amount of 'experts' surveyed.. ie.. 10 out of a 100..

have to say.. it is very well done..

its kinda like the michigan dogman.. in that same respect.. so well done it suckers people into believing it..

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

So that is what you think? So if it was fake do you think it was a puppet? Or was it CGI? Most CGI experts say it cannot be done

I have had a closer look at this claim, and it would appear that it is not true.

But the CGI is what gets to me.  PresidentUFO.com really hooked it up with 3 video break downs from different video experts.  Again, video is not by thing, so I have to defer to the experts here, but he got Leanne Jones (Producer with the British Youth Film Academy), Dave Hughes (BSc Digital Film and 3D Animation), and Richard Allan (Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University) who all agreed that the video is fake, fake, fake.  The elements they thought REALLY made it fake were:

• Projector sounds.  They are out of place because the video has the appearances of “footage transferred to video” but the projector sound doesn’t match with this format switch.
  • The model and movement is too clear, smooth, and polished for the alleged age of the video.
  • The alien isn’t moving his body.
  • Any editing software can recreate the effects once the model is created.
  • The text has a drop shadow and smells a little bit like Final Cut Pro default font.
  • The text isn’t military in its voice.  It sounds like “film hype.

And this interesting snippet from the same site:

Digging further into the video, I found it to be originally posted by Judy Fältskog on Youtube, who has posted two other similar videos.  Wait a second… is this the same Judy Fältskog who’s “alter ego” is James van Greunen?  Wait a second… is this the same Judy/James who is a CGI expert?  This might even be the same Judy that got caught up in a Alien signal scam in May of 2010.  To make it even worse, Judy/James is buddies with professional fake Wayne Herschel.  Or maybe they’re all the same person… who the hell knows.

LINK

~

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#14    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 19 April 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

when i first saw this, it was labelled as "crashed alien captured in Russia", then it became a Roswell crash survivor...I REALLY like that one, but i'd also call it a (very elaborate) hoax. It's surely not your average windows movie maker cheapo vid, but i go with what was said above about the clear & smooth movements. A real 40's camera shouldn't be able to reproduce that, as well as the above described "amazing details".... gooosh, i TOTALLY WISH that was real though...

#15    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 19 April 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

dank je well, Abramelin, THAT's the one i meant! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users