Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2013 list of fur farms

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,347 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

View Postdanielost, on 17 June 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Their liberators.
The rest of your post is pathitic.  The more fur farms there are the less need to trap animals and maybe have the animal cheew it's own foot off or bleed to death.
Blame liberators and not captors for captives not knowing anything about freedom?   How do you pull that logic off?

As for your other statement, if a fur farm is widely available where someone would go to buy such a thing, then a clothing store will be available too where no animal has to die for their fur in the first place.   Thus there's no "need".  This would no longer be an issue about a lack of warm clothing, it's a fashion statement.  As others have already indicated, alternatives to animal fur are available.  And there'd be more of those if there were less fur farms.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#17    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostYamato, on 18 June 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Blame liberators and not captors for captives not knowing anything about freedom?   How do you pull that logic off?

As for your other statement, if a fur farm is widely available where someone would go to buy such a thing, then a clothing store will be available too where no animal has to die for their fur in the first place.   Thus there's no "need".  This would no longer be an issue about a lack of warm clothing, it's a fashion statement.  As others have already indicated, alternatives to animal fur are available.  And there'd be more of those if there were less fur farms.

Fur has always been a fashion statement.  Except for the trappers.  Also none fur coats are not as warm as fur coats.  Although sheep and llamas provide fur with out killing the animal.  I do agree with you on killing an animal for fur is bad.  But, if the animals get killed faster than you can release them, you bhave done no goood.

Edited by danielost, 18 June 2013 - 09:45 AM.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#18    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,347 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

View Postdanielost, on 18 June 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Fur has always been a fashion statement.  Except for the trappers.  Also none fur coats are not as warm as fur coats.  Although sheep and llamas provide fur with out killing the animal.  I do agree with you on killing an animal for fur is bad.  But, if the animals get killed faster than you can release them, you bhave done no goood.
A fashion statement is a want, not a need.   If warmth is the need, there are warmer coats than fur coats.   So I still don't see the "need" for fur farms.

Animals are born with instincts and sensory brains.   Deny them sensory inputs and the ability to practice those instinctual behaviors and there's who's at fault for the animal being helpless to survive in the wild.

Fur farms are for-profit.  Killing their profit challenges their very existence.  "Pathetic"?   Not if you're against fur farms.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#19    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

The only coats that keep you warm when they are wet are wool.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#20    Yamato

Yamato

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,347 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

The only coats that you know of, and wool isn't fur.

#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

View Postredhen, on 17 June 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

But that begs the question, why kill animals for their fur at all, when there are much cheaper and more efficient materials?

Well, I thought that fake fur was better.( for those who liked fur ) It is cheaper and looks the real deal.....I never knew they still killed animals for fur..I was under a rock and didn't know .. I am gobsmacked..

Good gravy, Cruella Devil eat your heart out...

View PostYamato, on 18 June 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

The only coats that you know of, and wool isn't fur.

Ok, that made me laugh....lol   daniel will come back and say - Yes it is, we have furry sheep in our fields !!!! :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 June 2013 - 10:45 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#22    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,499 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostYamato, on 18 June 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

A fashion statement is a want, not a need.   If warmth is the need, there are warmer coats than fur coats.   So I still don't see the "need" for fur farms.

Wearing fur coats is definitely for fashion only, unless you are Innuit or Lapp, etc.

"Usually the Inuit wore clothing with two layers of caribou skin: an inner layer with the fur facing the skin, and an outer layer with the fur facing out."

http://www.firstpeop.../fp_inuit5.html

I've never seen a retail fur coat with an inner layer with the fur facing the skin, which just makes sense if you really need it for warmth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users