Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You are an immortal entity

Nothing exists at all, but you, an immortal entity/consciousness among an infinite nothing with the 'power' to do anything..... so what do you do?

• Like 3

I wake up.

• Like 1

Minimize suffering.

Corny huh.

• Like 1

Nothing exists at all, but you, an immortal entity/consciousness among an infinite nothing with the 'power' to do anything..... so what do you do?

Could be some truth in this

Running this question through my mind, to me the most logical thing to do would ultimately be creating more or less what we have now.

With nothing, you would create something. With no one else, you would create others. Faced with infinity, you create the notion of mortality and forget your immortality so as to not go completely insane

Essentially ending up right where we are now. Every individual, every atom, just another part of a play in an attempt to pass time that never ceases to end. Yet each individual is one and the same, you.

Experiencing every single life separately yet at the same time.

Forever is a long time after all.

• Like 2

I wouldn't do anything. Too lazy and bored to care I guess.

• Like 1

Your question implies that being among nothing else, just me as an individual what would I do? So basically among nothing I'm not only a single being but have acharacter trait with a personality too. What would I do? Contemplate nothingness and think about who I am :D

• Like 1

I'd create a perfect world where every one and every thing lives in peaceful harmony. And no-one tries to sell you kitchen units.

:lol: I bet Saru hates kitchen units..

• Like 3

I create others....infinity is too big for just one soul.

• Like 2

Create different worlds, I guess. See how they operate. No point in creating someone to talk to, since you're talking to yourself.

• Like 1

I'd create a big ol' mess because there would be no one around to complain about it and tell me to clean it up. Then I'd create pizza.

• Like 1

The first thing I would do is put the sign "I am god" above my door, and the second thing is create humans and their bible will be called "the new and concise kitchen unit must have book"

• Like 1

The first thing I would do is put the sign "I am god" above my door, and the second thing is create humans and their bible will be called "the new and concise kitchen unit must have book"

Yea, the West at least seems to have this notion that an infallible guidebook is needed, and so has Scriptures, Constitutions and Dictionaries. It makes a way to avoid personal responsibility, or at least to fool yourself into thinking so.
  • Like 2

I think the speculation that we are all immortal entities (but not physical things, more like self-perpetuating processes called "minds") that got trapped by biological evolution (natural selection) into the rebirth cycle is one possible way to put flesh on the Fourth Noble Truth.

• Like 1

I turn the earth into a magical dreamworld

full of freedom, gold, and love.

Of course with me as the King :) thank you

Create another "me" to create the reality I want, so I can laze around with my pipe and eat chocolate.

On the first day...I create football....

On the second day, I create lights....and Monday Night Football...

On Tuesday...I create football PRACTICE

I'd create an immovable object, and then cause an unstoppable force to collide with it, to see what happens.

Oh I would like to see that :).

I'd create a world where all the teddy bears would be alive and gather around me with love in their eyes for me and they'd be funny and charming and sad sometimes so I could comfort them and they'd love each other too and we'd all play together and laugh and we'd go outside and marvel in wonder at the world and have picnics and eat marshmellows and pies and tell pretend stories to each other and sometimes scarey stories and tell jokes and go on adventures and have mostly fun.

• Like 1

I'd make it possible to see and hear past events and thereby establish the truth about all sorts of things, as well as put a lot of lawyers out of work (and probably also a lot of priests and mullahs).

• Like 1