Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why hunt for ghosts in the dark?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostMythmanIOW1, on 31 July 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Ghosts can be active at any time.. night or day - but if your looking at capturing evidence using the equipment we currently have available to buy, its better to use Full Spectrum Cameras, Night Vision (Infrared) - or even thermo cameras.. in the dark.

We've made contact with spirits in both.. but to try to 'prove it'.. or at least get some sort of evidence its best at night - when things are still and quiet. I did an investigation at the Edinburgh Vaults (Scotland,UK) during the day - but as it was underground it was just the same. Once we'd got the energies moving about a bit with some encouragement (music) - the invo was no different to being at night, even tho it was 10 in the morning.

I guess night investigations might make sense in heavily populated areas, but coming from a very small town in the middle of nowhere, I've always found it made more sense to investigate during the day. All the places I've investigated are pretty much just as quiet during the day as they are at night. I guess the best times to investigate vary depending on location.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#17    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

I suppose it might be easier to see something invisible in the dark than in sunlight.

#18    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

View Posttedthebug, on 16 July 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

I've recently started wondering why investigations of supposedly haunted areas always seem to have to be conducted at night. Being in the dark tends to put people on edge and more likely to see things that aren't there, especially since they can't see clearly. Wouldn't investigating at night only muddy any visual evidence that might be found?
It's not like ghosts only come out at night. I once investigated a house in broad daylight and saw some very strange things. Admittedly, I am only a very casual investigator, but does anyone actually have a good reason for investigating at night other than "it makes it scarier"?

Many have asked this before...

I even asked, and point out that if you watch those fraud shows ( Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Haunted Collector, Destination Truth, Fact or Faked ) the places they go investigate, when they do the interview first.....9 out of 10 times the witnesses saw things either with the lights on, or in the day time.....Almost all ways during working hours or giving tours....

So, as everyone said, it is for the creepy factor, and easier to say " did you see that " when it is dark.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

It's harder to see Grant moving shtuff around too.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#20    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 31 July 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

It's harder to see Grant moving shtuff around too.

Haha. When I was a kid I idolized the people from Ghost Hunters, but then I got a fully developed brain.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#21    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

View Posttedthebug, on 31 July 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

Haha. When I was a kid I idolized the people from Ghost Hunters, but then I got a fully developed brain.

Haha. We did a whole list of all the stuff that happened when Grant was off camera, it was loooong. lol

Edited by QuiteContrary, 31 July 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#22    Dougward5

Dougward5

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Horsehoe bend military park  ( Alabama) is a good place to hunt in the daytime...You don't need darkness to get creeped out in that place...

#23    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

We evolved as diurnal creatures mainly dependent on vision.  Naturally we are in danger at night, and naturally that scares us.

#24    hannah-s

hannah-s

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• light one candle, don't curse the darkness.
    http://light-onecandle.blogspot.co.uk

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

I have heard that we see ghosts with the rod cells of our eyes- those that we use for night vision. In daylight they are switched off so we will not see the ghost that is looming over our shoulder at this very minute.  ** ow something touched me!**
That's why cats- with very good night vision- will always seem to be watching something creeping through your room...

#25    sam_comm

sam_comm

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Well hannah-s, I don't know how much facts there is in your suggestion, I don't think there has been any research that has been done about the way human eyes can see ghosts. Nonethless, it could be a possibility but I don't think that's why Paranormal Investigators ghost hunt at night.

There is all kind of reasons for that among others it may be easier to have access to some public locations at night to investigate, without any disturbances. There is no customers or visitors at night so everyone is happy this way.

Edited by sam_comm, 12 August 2013 - 08:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users