Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Other side of gun ownership

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#91    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I would imaging buying a gun without training is like buying a car without having taken a single lesson, both potentially dangerous once trigger or steering wheel in hand!

lol, that is how it actually is, those that sell you the car, could not care less if you know how to drive or not, and road test to get dr license, is a joke, you can train a moneky in 1 week to pass it, however i know ppl that passed from 30th attempt. yea, we have talants. lol

RESIDENT TROLL.

#92    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

And what does that entail?  training details or plain old credit checks?
a call to fbi, instant check center, every gun dealer MUST do it for EVERY sale. than fbi tells dealer to procede or deny.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#93    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

lol, that is how it actually is, those that sell you the car, could not care less if you know how to drive or not, and road test to get dr license, is a joke, you can train a moneky in 1 week to pass it, however i know ppl that passed from 30th attempt. yea, we have talants. lol
30th attempt?????
after 5 at most they should be struck off from even thinking about getting on the road behind a wheel.
But suppose the driving instructors were loving it, all that money!!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#94    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

a call to fbi, instant check center, every gun dealer MUST do it for EVERY sale. than fbi tells dealer to procede or deny.
So basically it tell them if the person has a criminal record, not whether they have been trained to use one?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#95    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

30th attempt?????
after 5 at most they should be struck off from even thinking about getting on the road behind a wheel.
But suppose the driving instructors were loving it, all that money!!

lol, yea, i know hard to believe, i would pbly not believe it myself if didn't see it myself.

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

So basically it tell them if the person has a criminal record, not whether they have been trained to use one?
yes, correct.

a shooting range that i go to has a rule, before you even allowed to enter they test you for safety and skills, you don't have to shoot like sniper, but you have to know how to safely handle firearm, only after instructor passes you, you are allowed to shoot. but it isn't state or local law, it isn't a law at al, it is range policy.

Edited by aztek, 11 January 2013 - 04:06 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#96    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,757 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

its funny how these stories just happen to not get on the news. But the media dosent have a agenda :) lol

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#97    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 January 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

You say that... but I get the feeling that we differ in our opinion of what responsible really means.

And if you're going to talk to me about nanny state, then first go petition your government to remove age restrictions from everything. A mature 12 year old should be allowed to drive if the parents feel its ok, hmm? With parental permission, 10 year old Johnny should be able to bring a gun to school too. Is that what you're really advocating?
Guns and cars, two completey different machines. Both dangerous in the wrong hands. However, a gun is far easier to operate and handle than a car and most 12 year olds aren't tall enough to see over the steering wheel. I certainly don't think all kids are fit for using firearms but still there are many that are. I do not think that kids should use guns without supervision unless under dire circumstances. I do not think a kid should bring a gun to school under any circumstances. That's crazy. Even if the kid's super responsible and intelligent, many around him aren't. But if we have to compare the two, guns and cars, I'd take my chances being near ten responsible kids with a gun than being near ten responsible kids driving cars. I'll be honest, teenagers driving scare the crap out me sometimes and one kid driving puts a whole lot more people at risk than one kid with a gun, mass shootings aside.
I don't advocate anarchy but it sure isn't my place to decide how parents raise their kids and it isn't yours either. We all can hope that everyone acts responsibly but human nature dictates that's impossible.
Still, any way you want to look at it an bad guys will always have guns and the police can't always be there so a few unfortunate accidents shouldn't decide that we can't keep ourselves protected if we so wish. Just how it is. In a perfect world guns would've never been invented but they were and they're here to stay. So focus your anger on the guy who invented the first gun. It's all his fault.

Posted Image

#98    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 11 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

its funny how these stories just happen to not get on the news. But the media dosent have a agenda :) lol
But there is an agenda..........NOT to get them on the news. :yes:  not sure if its the medias or the person/s who is paying them off.

#99    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 11 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

But if we have to compare the two, guns and cars, I'd take my chances being near ten responsible kids with a gun than being near ten responsible kids driving cars. I'll be honest, teenagers driving scare the crap out me sometimes and one kid driving puts a whole lot more people at risk than one kid with a gun, mass shootings aside.

I can not see how you can put "responsible kids" as part of the same sentence with guns and cars?

i can see where you are coming from though, apart from the 'responsible" bit. But personally, I would rather neither guns or cars to ever have to be an issue in the first place when kids are involved....its a "don`t even think about it, its a big no" from the start.

#100    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

lol, yea, i know hard to believe, i would pbly not believe it myself if didn't see it myself.

yes, correct.

a shooting range that i go to has a rule, before you even allowed to enter they test you for safety and skills, you don't have to shoot like sniper, but you have to know how to safely handle firearm, only after instructor passes you, you are allowed to shoot. but it isn't state or local law, it isn't a law at al, it is range policy.
This is how it should be all round, wonder why the state and local laws do not have this rule? is it too much hard work for them to persue it for everyone who wants a gun? All that extra paperwork would cost money and they would not have enough to spend on their own guns! :whistle:

ps: feel safer now i know you are trained. Lol.

Edited by freetoroam, 11 January 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#101    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

My guns are staying in my hands and the hands of many other gun owners. Infringe the 2nd Amendment and see what the working end is meant for. Good thing government imports everything from China or youd be seeing a movement towards labor strikes starting up.  One thing this NWO agenda is going for it is they are crafty and seem to have been preparing for this for some time.

#102    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

I can not see how you can put "responsible kids" as part of the same sentence with guns and cars?

i can see where you are coming from though, apart from the 'responsible" bit. But personally, I would rather neither guns or cars to ever have to be an issue in the first place when kids are involved....its a "don`t even think about it, its a big no" from the start.
Yea, I know. I'm kind of in a strawman arguement with this guy which always results in a lack of choice words and descriptions which is the whole intent of being pulled into the strawmnan arguement. I agree with your last staement too but it's different strokes for different folks and we can only hope for the the best.

Posted Image

#103    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 11 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

My guns are staying in my hands
Posted Image
good for you!

#104    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

"Arming children and teaching them how to use them at the age of 3 ,pmsl at that. Ha ha ha ha omg my sides are hurting. Please stop you kiddie training stories, there too funny."

I'll address this and any comment that alludes to the same overall theme;

Not sure where everyone is from, but rural Ohio has all kinds of guns, and since where I grew up (Upper Sandusky, Ohio) we prefer people not to be scared and uneducated about guns, we generally learn to properly handle them at a young age.  I was given a bolt action, single shot .22 cal rifle when I was no older than 4 years. I didn't have uncontrolled access to the rifle until I was 8 or 9, when I was shown where the gun cabinet key was hidden.

My only reason for this response is to demonstrate that all this talk in absolutes is bordering absurdity.  

Also, if you're trying to ridicule someone, don't make it so easy for the ridicule to return.

#105    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

However, a gun is far easier to operate and handle than a car

Ahh, but what if I believe my 12 year old is responsible and capable enough to do it?

most 12 year olds aren't tall enough to see over the steering wheel.

If my 4'9 adult friend is tall enough, a 5'1 12 year old is as well.

I do not think a kid should bring a gun to school under any circumstances. That's crazy. Even if the kid's super responsible and intelligent, many around him aren't

I have no problem with kids being taught how to shoot and using a weapon under supervision. My point is that kids do not have the life experience, nor sense of responsibility that they will have in their adult hood. Despite how trusting parents are of their kids, kids are still unpredictable and make the wrong decisions. That is why there's the mandatory age of 18 before you can make your own decisions and do many things. As such, I do not believe it is responsible to have a gun easily accessible to an unsupervised child.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users