Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jordan: Expel Israeli Ambassador

AlasBabylon

Agence France-Presse

May 8, 2013

Jordan fury as Israel quizzes Mufti on Jerusalem Day

" Israeli police briefly detained a top Muslim cleric on Wednesday as Israel marked Jerusalem Day,

sparking a furious response from Jordan, whose MPs unanimously demanded the expulsion of the Israeli envoy. "

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130508/jordan-fury-israel-quizzes-mufti-jerusalem-day

Seems the jews are marking special days.

Most Syrian Christians are Orthodox.

Israelis first bombed Syria on Orthodox Good Friday...

then bombed Syria a second time on Orthodox Easter.

Today... Jerusalem's chief Muslim cleric was detained

on the day the jews observe their conquest of Jerusalem.

A little birdie told me something important would happen on Jerusalem Day... and he was right.

Israeli President calls for calm amid Jordan diplomatic uproar

" Israeli President Shimon Peres reportedly sent a calming message to Jordan

on Wednesday, after the Jordanian parliament voted in favor of expelling the

Israeli ambassador from Amman and recalling the Jordanian ambassador from Israel. "

http://en.ammonnews.net/article.aspx?articleno=20914

Seems like a massive overraction. Protest the move if it's not on the level sure, but cutting diplomatic ties? I'm assuming this is actually about something else.

• Like 2

Seems like a massive overraction. Protest the move if it's not on the level sure, but cutting diplomatic ties? I'm assuming this is actually about something else.

If you were Muslim, you might think differently.

If you were Muslim, you might think differently.

Indeed....what DON"T they get offended over?
  • Like 2

Indeed....what DON"T they get offended over?

And Jews are any different? They even have a word to call people when they get "upset".... lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

And Jews are any different? They even have a word to call people when they get "upset".... lol

What would that word be? :w00t: Hmmm...putz? Schmuck? Not sure what the Yiddish means but it's said with real feeling :w00t:
  • Like 1

There are two similar Old Testament prophecies about

the "swelling of the Jordan."

Jeremiah 49:19 / Jeremiah 50:44

The verses use a metaphor of the Jordan river flooding

it's banks... this arouses a "lion"... to destroy both

Edom and Babylon.

Tensions rise as Syrian refugees flood Jordan

" More than 500,000 Syrians have flooded into this tiny country of 6 million.

That's the equivalent of 26 million refugees arriving in the U.S. -- or the

entire population of Texas.

In a country that can hardly support its own population, the refugees are

putting a strain on Jordan's water and electricity supplies. "

" Jordan's concerns are not limited to the refugee crisis. If the Assad regime

falls, there are fears the feeling could spill over into Jordan, destabilizing

a key ally of the U.S. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57583362/tensions-rise-as-syrian-refugees-flood-jordan/

The Israelis detain this cleric for 6 hours over Muslims at the Al-Aqsa mosque throwing chairs at Jews so Jordon expels their Ambassador. This sounds messed up to me, something else must of happened. Then again it don't take much to send some people over the edge.

What would that word be? :w00t: Hmmm...putz? Schmuck? Not sure what the Yiddish means but it's said with real feeling :w00t:

I was referring to anti Semitic. But those are the funny ones used by nice Jews. lol I love people who act like that. The ones who are really nice people.

I just seriously dislike extremists of any religion. In my opinion if someone gets so easily offended when it involves their religion then it shows a lack of faith. If you really beleived your religion then no matter what anyone said about it, you would just ignore them. This is the reason organized and extreme religious belief is always a bad thing. It causes war not peace. Nobody should put their human morals second to religion.

• Like 1

I was referring to anti Semitic. But those are the funny ones used by nice Jews. lol I love people who act like that. The ones who are really nice people.

I just seriously dislike extremists of any religion. In my opinion if someone gets so easily offended when it involves their religion then it shows a lack of faith. If you really beleived your religion then no matter what anyone said about it, you would just ignore them. This is the reason organized and extreme religious belief is always a bad thing. It causes war not peace. Nobody should put their human morals second to religion.

Agree completely. If a person must rise in anger to defend his choice of a god to worship then it mustn't be a very good god. I believe what I believe and I have no need to force anyone else to believe the same. Nor do I look down on them for not doing so. I share the message where I can and the rest is up to God.
  • Like 1

Nobody should put their human morals second to religion.

Morals are usually based on religion.

I think the point he was making was that sometimes we let our adherence to a religious dogma cloud our judgement on how we treat other's in day to day situations. For example - I am Christian and called to love all - especially my enemies. I support Israel and routinely point out the hatred of the Palestinians for the Jews. So it appears that I hate the Palestinians. This isn't true but I understand why others would believe it of me. I would be as quick to help a Palestinian child as a Jewish one if I came in contact with either. I would befriend Palestinian or Jew equally if they allowed me to. But I would support Israel's existence before the hatred of the Palestinian leadership in any case. Because I am told I must.

Religion was based on Morals. The main books of each religion were written based on the morals and ideas of the time they were written. Morals have changed since those times and some people choose to follow their religion over modern morals.

Like for example stoning woman. It's morally wrong in today's world, yet some people still do it because of their religion.

• Like 1

Religion was based on Morals. The main books of each religion were written based on the morals and ideas of the time they were written. Morals have changed since those times and some people choose to follow their religion over modern morals.

Like for example stoning woman. It's morally wrong in today's world, yet some people still do it because of their religion.

For many people morals are 'written in stone' absolutes that do not change...

others see morals as relative and defined by consensus.

For many people morals are 'written in stone' absolutes that do not change...

others see morals as relative and defined by consensus.

That's not morals. Morals are something a person decides based on their own understanding. Something written in stone or on paper is rules or laws. You can't tell someone to have morals.