Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost Hunters'Team Captures Footage Of Ghost

Still Waters

The TAPS team found themselves in Bartonville, Illinois at the Peoria Asylum for their latest investigation on "Ghost Hunters." The new owners were renovating the property and felt that the construction might be stirring up some paranormal activity. After investigating the site, the TAPS team agreed.

They heard muffled screams in the attic, voices coming from different rooms and even possible video footage of a ghost in the asylum's cemetery.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2588284.html

• Like 1

Why does that piece read more like a press release from SyFy than something written by an actual journalist? Notice there's no name associated with it.

I love the show and saw that episode. Definitely interesting, but given the dubious history of some of the evidence on GH, I don't put much faith in it.

Not to mention, if this were legit, I think it would have made a much bigger splash - after all, it was taped months ago. The same can be said for all of these hunting/finding shows.

• Like 5

Interesting. Seems too far away for a definitive opinion, though.

• Like 1

Its interesting. I would like a copy of the original video so i could enlarge that section and go over it frame by frame.

coool, after so many shows they managed to actually present something! :) I stopped watching it because the term "did you hear that" doesn't satisfy on the long run, but this looks neat!

• Like 2

coool, after so many shows they managed to actually present something! :) I stopped watching it because the term "did you hear that" doesn't satisfy on the long run, but this looks neat!

That's one of the aspects that gives me pause. They typically have one good find like this a season. It just seems a bit contrived to me.

i only followed the first two or three seasons and then i quit watching. I didn't see anything like that before in this show. You think they made that up to keep it interesting?

• 6 months later...

I live about 10 minutes from this place. TONS of stories coming from that whole campus. Also a local junior football league organizes a haunted house in one of the buildings and they do movie nights there too. Cool place!

• Like 1

Melanie Griffith does not deserve Antonio Banderas. Ew.

• Like 5

The TAPS team found themselves in Bartonville, Illinois at the Peoria Asylum for their latest investigation on "Ghost Hunters." The new owners were renovating the property and felt that the construction might be stirring up some paranormal activity. After investigating the site, the TAPS team agreed.

They heard muffled screams in the attic, voices coming from different rooms and even possible video footage of a ghost in the asylum's cemetery.

I didn't see the vid in the article so I googled it:

It's interesting in that it does show an obvious thermal image like the workers do. It looks as though it's a hairy humanoid which is slowly moving around to see what's going. No image of a "ghost" though.

• Like 2

Looks like somebody wearing a leather jacket just ambling about to me.

I was shocked she uses "illegal substances"... :no:

She prolly injects them into her face.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

TAPS has a lot of experience. They also have many gadgets. The thermal does a good job.

The lasers also work well.

TAPS has a lot of experience. They also have many gadgets. The thermal does a good job.

The lasers also work well.

that is to be debated their evidence has been shown as user error, hardware error, bunch of sound bytes and questionable witness accounts
  • Like 2

that is to be debated their evidence has been shown as user error, hardware error, bunch of sound bytes and questionable witness accounts

I have seen many episodes where a ghost/spirit turns a flashlight off/on when asked a question.

The laser grid also works. Ghosts have mass.

TAPS caught a ghost on video in a library in New York. The more they investigate, the better they get.

• Like 1

I have seen many episodes where a ghost/spirit turns a flashlight off/on when asked a question.

The laser grid also works. Ghosts have mass.

TAPS caught a ghost on video in a library in New York. The more they investigate, the better they get.

Really, have you seen their evidence? It has not improved at all.

• Like 3

Really, have you seen their evidence? It has not improved at all.

The laser grids work. I would just arrange them differently if i was a member of the team.

Just create a laser grid checkerboard. Then put a camera on the checkerboard.

A simple flashlight confirms communication. They should add a medium like Allison Dubois.

The laser grids work. I would just arrange them differently if i was a member of the team.

Just create a laser grid checkerboard. Then put a camera on the checkerboard.

A simple flashlight confirms communication. They should add a medium like Allison Dubois.

If they are experts, why don't they have a POV Camera? How many times have they claimed to see something and no camera was facing it? By their own footage it shows ghosts like corners so why aren't they wearing POV cams like go pros???

I remember grant almost doing it every second episode where he said he saw something.

Reason why they don't wear POV is because they can't make claims where there is video shown other wise.

• Like 3

If they are experts, why don't they have a POV Camera? How many times have they claimed to see something and no camera was facing it? By their own footage it shows ghosts like corners so why aren't they wearing POV cams like go pros???

I remember grant almost doing it every second episode where he said he saw something.

Reason why they don't wear POV is because they can't make claims where there is video shown other wise.

It looks like this camera worked just fine. Real 0r Hoax?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhjeCWDdft0

• Like 1

Ever since the Queen Mary hoax came out, I don't trust much about this show. Most of the things they "find" seem a bit too convenient and they rarely seem taken aback by anything that happens. Not sure about the authenticity of this, I've given them the benefit of the doubt before and setups ended up coming out in the end somehow.

• Like 2

I have seen that episode, details seem to be altered.

Are you saying Grant altered the video in postproduction?

I think ghosts are just people without a body.