Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange things in a Swiss forest

Clobhair-cean

I took these photos in august 2001, in the Swiss alps while I was hiking with some friends in a forest near the town of Aigle. Of course, we strayed from the path, and we stumbled upon something, which looked like a small hut built of sticks. There were quite a few of them nearby(some even had stone beds in them), plus, there was a bridge and circles of small flat stones and heaps of pine cones.

I post two pictures of two different huts, but I have more of the area, the bridge and the circles. The poor quality is due to the slide scanner I use. Unfortunately, I didn't put anything there to compare the size, but I can tell you, that the 'buildings' were so small, that maximum a medium-sized dog could have stayed in them. One more thing: the sticks were broken, not cut.

Unfortunately we had no time to ask around, and when I went back a few years ago, I could not find the site.

The area is inhabited by some sort of shee-folk, as the Irish call them, according to the legends.

[attachmentid=9458]

[attachmentid=9459]

post-11360-1103276189.jpg

post-11360-1103276219.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mysteryman

• Clobhair-cean

• Elfstone810

• Frogs

Children from town building little houses for their pretend play? Dog houses? The townies perpetuating the shee-folk myth for foreign hikers?

Just some ideas.

in a forest near the town of Aigle

I'd say it was probably some of the town kids making some shelters to play in. Those things look a little too clean to have any kind of creature living in them.

They also appear to be temporary structures like something you would put together if you were lost in the woods, not meant for long term housing.

perhaps they don't permenently stay at the same place (nomadic)?

Clobhair-cean,

I post two pictures of two different huts, but I have more of the area, the bridge and the circles.
do you think you could send me the other pictures via email, my email adress is norrec_vizharan@hotmail.com

leprachuans. defintitely leprachauns.

tongue.gif

Or some homeless man's house.

Its not that strange.

Cool pics though.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

thats very interesting, although i have to agree that its probably not anything cryptozoological.

I do not believe children have the talent to build huts like these. The structure may not seem to the naked eye to have much intelligence and support, but time was put into these huts for well supported reasons. Children who play and build "huts" for fun do not spend time like time spent on this kind of a hut built.

Fill me in if the fact are their any nearby civilizations that would even contain the population of people settled in the Swiss Alps?

Would children really gather wood the estimated same amount of size together roaming in the woods gathering it and building it with a strong structure, that long! Also, would playing children gather flat stones to create beds.

Either lost travelers, a homeless man, or some pretty intelligent creature that built itself a temporary home that we have not yet seen?

Also, as seen carefully in the second picture, there was purposely "bent" wood to create a frame. Would children be that smart enough to know that an arc would support a hut like this. Also, the amount of time that would be needed to bend the wood and keep it in its shape (which hikers do for strong support) would not be created by children that would even "play" in the woods of the Swiss Alps.

Edited by Mysteryman

what are shee-folk's?

408331[/snapback]

It's generally spelled "sidhe", though it is pronounced "shee". It just means fairy, basically, I think. For example, bean sidhe (banshee).

Thank you...

Good points Mysteryman.  thumbsup.gif

409744[/snapback]

Thank you -

Computer glitched and didn't contain the quote, sorry for repeating it!

We had the same problems as Mysteryman... this 'settlement' probably took a lots of time and knowledge to be built without any known purpose(for the people living nearby). We ruled out children, for the huts were too complex and well-done. The jokers were also considered, but we thought that if we were building a small village of tiny huts, we'd do it where it is more visible-The first hut I spotted was approximately 30 meters away from the path on the other side of a small, app. 3 meters deep ravine inside the bushes. It was mere luck that I spotted it.

The problem with other hikers and homeless people was the size of the buildings. The beds were half meters long. Plus there are not too much homeless people in the area of Lake Geneva, I think there are more bigfoots there yes.gif

I post another three pictures(there are two left, that are not too informative). The first one is the bridge that we found, the second is a circle and a heap of cones and the third is another, less well-done hut.

[attachmentid=9493]

post-11360-1103359521.jpg

post-11360-1103359573.jpg

post-11360-1103359658.jpg

I think the only logical deduction is that these huts were made by the ghosts of aliens, who were hunting bigfoot at the time.

Now for the first picture, what actually is the bridge for? Is their a small river beneath that I cannot see. I mean I wouldn't expect you to know but my point is it doesn't really look like theirs anything to bridge over. Maybe this isnt actually a bridge, but another purpose.

The second picture is actually hard to even talk about. It looks like this "thing" was very lazy and didn't care much about the weather and so didn't put much time in his work.

The third picture doesn't look like much effort was put into it either. Bunch of sticks thrown on an angle against the wood, no big deal.

What I can say is based on these pictures is, theres some kind of intelligent being that temporarily used this place "over night" for something and the next day would continue their search or hunt. Based on the size and the flat rocks used as beds, these beings look very small, thin, cuddley (small rocks, cuddle themselves), and non-vicious. But of course, you can't always judge the being by its hut. It could be a small creature, with the sharpest teeth and most harmful being. But this is my opinion. Anyone agree?

As far as I remember, there was a man-deep ravine under the bridge. (I'm sure, that there was a gap under it, but it was a long time ago).

Ok, so now were moving into the fact that these sticks are dated back pretty old, not that old. So these unknown beings actually have intelligence, intelligence like us human beings. This sounds like this being made a temporary home, not for one night, but most likely several nights with a band or tribe of people. They made a small little civilization, days passed by, and then moved out, left they temporary homes in the form they were - no reason to knock it down. Now I'm not sure if this occurred, but did you see anything as in anything that could give us examples on the floor or in the hut such as food or items made from them in order to get farther and mroe deeper in this subject?

Unfortunately not, no ojects, bones or such were visible except for the beds(If you look closely, though, there is a stone 'pillow' on the bed), and I only have these pictures(as far as I know, but I'll look through my slides again). There is also a videotape of the place, but it is owned by a guy in the US whom I have no contact with(I don't even remember his name, but maybe I could look it up). The only item related-thing that I am sure of is that no knives or other blades were used when constructing thes buildings, for the sticks I examined were all broken, not cut.

The age of these: i suppose that they were maximum a few years old judging from their appearance.

I'll continue to do some thinking based on this but otherwise, its pretty hard to predict what it could be. Its something pretty intelligent, thats for sure.