Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Floating metal ball on top of baby's crib

Himawari69

This happened to my aunt, not me, but her experience was pretty bizzare so I want to share it. My aunt recently gave birth to her second baby girl, so she got a crib next to her bed to sleep with her.Well one night she claimed to have heard what sounded like metal clashing against metal ( like sharpening a knife with another knife) she was asleep with her husband and when she got up and turned to the baby's crib there was a dozen little pieces of metal held together in a ball and it was moving rapidly, floating on top of the crib. She was about to scream but it flashed and flew staight through the window. She told us this a while back so now we all tell her why she didnt take a picture with her phone and she says she was too shocked. We all joke about it and say it was an "alien" trying to play with her or whatever... My aunt is convinced it was an extraterrestrial thing, what do you guys think? I'm sure she didnt imagine it

• Like 3

Strange indeed, wonder if it was some deceased relative coming to see the baby.

• Like 1

When you say it flew through the window, do you mean it was open? It broke through it or it passed through the solid window

• Like 1

Strange indeed, wonder if it was some deceased relative coming to see the baby.

Nah. It's gotta be an alien!

When you say it flew through the window, do you mean it was open? It broke through it or it passed through the solid window

thanks for the link armchair, I'll look into it, she said it flew through the window, it was closed, it passed through it like the window wasnt there at all. Yeah I'm sure it wasn't a dead relative cause she stated it was metallic, literally a metal floating ball

literally a metal floating ball

How was it a dozen little pieces? Did it disassemble and reassemble over the crib?

• Like 1

How was it a dozen little pieces? Did it disassemble and reassemble over the crib?

yeah basically it was sort of morphing from a dozen little pieces of metal to a ball, she described it like a bunch of metal bugs swarming in a circle then hardening into a solid metal ball. So it can be described as reassembling as well, it was also making noise, like metal clanking against metal

I call total BS.

You are making-up a story that I, for one, do not believe.

I can tell that you are young, perhaps even very young(10-14)

Sorry, I'm not buying one word.

But please, do have a good night...

• Like 1

I call total BS.

You are making-up a story that I, for one, do not believe.

I can tell that you are young, perhaps even very young(10-14)

Sorry, I'm not buying one word.

But please, do have a good night...

... I'm 18 and in college... Please don't make assumptions, you know nothing about me, I am not making this up what would I gain from that? Nothing, if you want to flame me do it personally not on my posts, thank you
  • Like 6

t-r-i-p-p-y :alien:

• Like 1

t-r-i-p-p-y :alien:

indeed

I have seen something when I was 8 , im 34 now. It scared the **** out me. It remains the only bizarre thing ive seen which remains completely unexplainable and I usually dont buy into these accounts, but what makes me wonder is I met some guy we dated twice anyway he brought up a similar story as mine on our 1st date ,. he saw a red light come into his windowin his cabin house at night it was right in front of him and for about 10 seconds then went out the window . Through the screen, it was like a red ball of light, he saw it come in hover and leave.

His hair stood up on his arms when he was teling me that.

My story was I was in bed with my mom ober her parents house and I woke up to pee god knows what time it was during the night. As I was sitting up this small maybe an inch or 2 in size, this green glowing , almost harp shaped , idk what just appeared about 2 feet from me, right near the base of my ankles and a second later bounced forward it wasnt touching the blanket, I was absolutely PARALYZED IN FEAR even at 8 uears old I knew it was NOT NORMAL.

I threw myself into my mom who was asleep and had my eyes sealed shut until my mom started to turn over hours later and I peeked and it wasnt there,,.

Whatever it was was not explainable by any means.

When I say harp shape imagine an S backwards next to an S , this was the shape. Neon green. It just glowed . God it scared me. I still get chills wrting this.

Now it was 2 days after my moms mom passed away which was why we stayed there for the wake and stuff so idk if theres any relation,. I really truely do not know.

I only mentioned it to my mom maybe 10 years ago or so. She said it was her moms spirit in a puzzled looking way.

I actually dont believe in ghosts so I just dont know...

I do not discount anyones stories though especially after that guy said he had a similar story even though his description was not like mine., and I never told him about mine. It started to make me think..

Edited by Sheep Smart
  • Like 1

This happened to my aunt, not me, but her experience was pretty bizzare so I want to share it. My aunt recently gave birth to her second baby girl, so she got a crib next to her bed to sleep with her.Well one night she claimed to have heard what sounded like metal clashing against metal ( like sharpening a knife with another knife) she was asleep with her husband and when she got up and turned to the baby's crib there was a dozen little pieces of metal held together in a ball and it was moving rapidly, floating on top of the crib. She was about to scream but it flashed and flew staight through the window. She told us this a while back so now we all tell her why she didnt take a picture with her phone and she says she was too shocked. We all joke about it and say it was an "alien" trying to play with her or whatever... My aunt is convinced it was an extraterrestrial thing, what do you guys think? I'm sure she didnt imagine it

Now, assuming the story you're telling is legit, there's your/her answer right there.

She was asleep and dreaming. She had a new baby, was no doubt sleep deprived, and simply THOUGHT she was awake.

• Like 1

hi :)

first off, let me say that the story is interesting and believable; sometimes these things scare people so, i wouldn't take the comments to heart..

second, at first i thought it might be the baby itself; this is not that rare where a young child, even an infant, can exhibit paranormal seeming activity..however, the flying out of the window does concern me. a baby would want to entertain itself(not unlike adults ha ha); it would not get rid of the 'toy'. and, if it was some sort of entity, it may or may not require any metal to do it's 'show'

several things are apparent here. one, is that your aunt was meant to see this, something she needs to think about in general. you mentioned she has other children? does she have paranormal activity surrounding them, herself, etc? this particular baby might be of 'interest' to some, especially if this is a 'family trait'..

and--it may be aliens-related, it is hard to say..unusual for sure, and something, that if it were my child, i would look into and research more :)

here is a thread she might like, tho it does deal with older children; she also might try googling 'orbs' or something of that nature having to do with the kids...

http://youarenotalone.freeforums.org/alien-abductions-and-encounters-with-children-t34.html

anyway, i certainly wish you luck with this, and feel free to chat anytime..having a little one myself who is, ah..'unusual', i know what it is like to have 'unexplained activity' around lol

• Like 1

I have seen something when I was 8 , im 34 now. It scared the **** out me. It remains the only bizarre thing ive seen which remains completely unexplainable and I usually dont buy into these accounts, but what makes me wonder is I met some guy we dated twice anyway he brought up a similar story as mine on our 1st date ,. he saw a red light come into his windowin his cabin house at night it was right in front of him and for about 10 seconds then went out the window . Through the screen, it was like a red ball of light, he saw it come in hover and leave.

His hair stood up on his arms when he was teling me that.

My story was I was in bed with my mom ober her parents house and I woke up to pee god knows what time it was during the night. As I was sitting up this small maybe an inch or 2 in size, this green glowing , almost harp shaped , idk what just appeared about 2 feet from me, right near the base of my ankles and a second later bounced forward it wasnt touching the blanket, I was absolutely PARALYZED IN FEAR even at 8 uears old I knew it was NOT NORMAL.

I threw myself into my mom who was asleep and had my eyes sealed shut until my mom started to turn over hours later and I peeked and it wasnt there,,.

Whatever it was was not explainable by any means.

When I say harp shape imagine an S backwards next to an S , this was the shape. Neon green. It just glowed . God it scared me. I still get chills wrting this.

Now it was 2 days after my moms mom passed away which was why we stayed there for the wake and stuff so idk if theres any relation,. I really truely do not know.

I only mentioned it to my mom maybe 10 years ago or so. She said it was her moms spirit in a puzzled looking way.

I actually dont believe in ghosts so I just dont know...

I do not discount anyones stories though especially after that guy said he had a similar story even though his description was not like mine., and I never told him about mine. It started to make me think..

that is pretty scarey for a child to see to I understand why it spooked you, perhaps it could of been your relative, things like this are always hard to explain especially since there are those that lean more the the "seeing is believing" philosophy, air is real but we can't see it, I guess they can't look at it that way. I heard of spirit orbs before, maybe what you saw was one of them

Now, assuming the story you're telling is legit, there's your/her answer right there.

She was asleep and dreaming. She had a new baby, was no doubt sleep deprived, and simply THOUGHT she was awake.

no no, you completely misunderstood me, she was sleeping but the noise the ball was making woke her up, she was awake by the time she saw it and tried to wake her husband up, when she tried to scream it left, she never went back to bed, she left to the kitchen cos she was to shaken up, then she told everyone about it when they woke up, when its a dream you simply wake up in your bed
  • Like 1

no no, you completely misunderstood me, she was sleeping but the noise the ball was making woke her up, she was awake by the time she saw it and tried to wake her husband up, when she tried to scream it left, she never went back to bed, she left to the kitchen cos she was to shaken up, then she told everyone about it when they woke up, when its a dream you simply wake up in your bed

So wait, she tried to wake up her husband and scream and she couldn't? So she couldn't move then?

Textbook sleep paralysis - again, not uncommon for someone who is sleep deprived and exhausted.

For people that haven't experienced sleep paralysis or vivid dreams of this type, they simply don't realize how real they can seem.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

hi :)

first off, let me say that the story is interesting and believable; sometimes these things scare people so, i wouldn't take the comments to heart..

second, at first i thought it might be the baby itself; this is not that rare where a young child, even an infant, can exhibit paranormal seeming activity..however, the flying out of the window does concern me. a baby would want to entertain itself(not unlike adults ha ha); it would not get rid of the 'toy'. and, if it was some sort of entity, it may or may not require any metal to do it's 'show'

several things are apparent here. one, is that your aunt was meant to see this, something she needs to think about in general. you mentioned she has other children? does she have paranormal activity surrounding them, herself, etc? this particular baby might be of 'interest' to some, especially if this is a 'family trait'..

and--it may be aliens-related, it is hard to say..unusual for sure, and something, that if it were my child, i would look into and research more :)

here is a thread she might like, tho it does deal with older children; she also might try googling 'orbs' or something of that nature having to do with the kids...

http://youarenotalone.freeforums.org/alien-abductions-and-encounters-with-children-t34.html

anyway, i certainly wish you luck with this, and feel free to chat anytime..having a little one myself who is, ah..'unusual', i know what it is like to have 'unexplained activity' around lol

thank you for that link, I'll give it to her so she can research, yes my mom and I considered the fact that maybe Dana ( the baby's name) is different or somehow attracted something. Yes my aunt has a boy about 5 years old, but nothing strange has happened with him, the only other strange thing that ever happened revolved around my aunt herself, when she was younger she claimed she saw 3 stars in front of her window, she got up to close the curtains cos it scared her and the curtains opened again and the stars were gone. This happened to her when she was still in high school I think, I'm guessing maybe they were orbs, I don't think stars can magically appear at your window, they just problably looked like stars to her

thank you for that link, I'll give it to her so she can research, yes my mom and I considered the fact that maybe Dana ( the baby's name) is different or somehow attracted something. Yes my aunt has a boy about 5 years old, but nothing strange has happened with him, the only other strange thing that ever happened revolved around my aunt herself, when she was younger she claimed she saw 3 stars in front of her window, she got up to close the curtains cos it scared her and the curtains opened again and the stars were gone. This happened to her when she was still in high school I think, I'm guessing maybe they were orbs, I don't think stars can magically appear at your window, they just problably looked like stars to her

yes, these things are said to be genetic somehow, but yet one or more persons in that particular 'gene pool' could be 'skipped' for one reason or another. still, i would also advise her to keep close watch on her boy; if he comes to her with 'unusual' stories, best to hear him out..you never know

they could have been orbs..they almost sound like 'probes' to me..were they always just white, or were they at times, different colors? did she see a pattern when they were 'dancing'(lol) about? either way, sounds like it would be good for her to look into this, for everyone's benefit..i am guessing, as time goes on, too, that this baby will continue to be of great interest..

• Like 1

room.jpg

she described it like a bunch of metal bugs swarming in a circle then hardening into a solid metal ball.

Lots of people including myself mention having a metallic taste in their mouths after an alien visit. I think it was some type of metal insect aliens that were visiting the child or its spiritual guardians. Very rare account indeed. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Blood has metal in it. Could it be a sleeping disorder causing the metallic taste?

Many of these cases can be deduced to sleeping disorders and at times even hallucinations, but even so that does not mean the experience, the visitation, the hallucination cannot have meaning, even deep significance of who we are and how we view the world.

Preternatural views could be preferred instead of always claiming it is the supernatural alone. Our minds work in mysterious ways. Some say it is all inside the mind, others that it is all out there, but why can't it all be in the middle, neither here or there but somewhere in the very middle?

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

I certainly hope it didn't look like this. :whistle:

phantasm_ball.jpg

• Like 1