Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#391    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 04 January 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

Actually John Carpentar remade it, from the 1951 version called The Thing from another world, I enjoyed Both films also. But John Carpenters version better than the 2011 version
That is true. What I'm saying is that it's not a remake, it's a prequel.

#392    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

The blood testing is great tension and particularly effective with all the paranoia, first time you see it you have no clue who could be a thing. Why they all use the same knife is weird though considering Fuchs says even a tiny particle could take over someone.

I heard it was a prequel but I didn't think there was enough substance to it to hold a candle to the original!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#393    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hey have any of you guys ever seen Dont Be Afraid of The Dark, Not the remake but the one that came on tv wayyyyyyy back when?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#394    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 05 January 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

The blood testing is great tension and particularly effective with all the paranoia, first time you see it you have no clue who could be a thing. Why they all use the same knife is weird though considering Fuchs says even a tiny particle could take over someone.

I heard it was a prequel but I didn't think there was enough substance to it to hold a candle to the original!
It's what happens next after the Palmer thing is exposed and burnt to a crisp that cracks me up.
The reaction of Childs and Garry even when they realise that they have passed the blood test.
For somebody who has relinquished his position as leader of the camp,Garry sure gave it hell for leather.
Speaking of Garry did he and Nauls get totally absorbed into the final incarnation of the Thing?
It can sure explain the size but if it was true what person will the Thing be if it made to the mainland.
I'm laying money on Garry because it won't be a rollerskating cook or the cranky Blair.
And it certainly won't be a snarling dog though who would suspect.
Btw it sure did turn into a buddy buddy movie near the end between Childs and Mcready.
I'm glad we are still discussing this classic.

Edited by Medium Brown, 06 January 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#395    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostMedium Brown, on 06 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

It's what happens next after the Palmer thing is exposed and burnt to a crisp that cracks me up.
The reaction of Childs and Garry even when they realise that they have passed the blood test.
For somebody who has relinquished his position as leader of the camp,Garry sure gave it hell for leather.
Speaking of Garry did he and Nauls get totally absorbed into the final incarnation of the Thing?
It can sure explain the size but if it was true what person will the Thing be if it made to the mainland.
I'm laying money on Garry because it won't be a rollerskating cook or the cranky Blair.
And it certainly won't be a snarling dog though who would suspect.
Btw it sure did turn into a buddy buddy movie near the end between Childs and Mcready.
I'm glad we are still discussing this classic.
I love Childs character,he seems like a cool guy

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#396    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Palmer was a freaking legend 'Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America. I mean, they taught the Incas everything they know.' hahaha.

I dunno, it still had a lot of that freaky dog in it, didn't it? Maybe the ultimate nightmare, a dogthing with the wit of Palmer :D

The ending is absolutely phenomenal, so cautious and quiet and the dialogue is killer, when that DUN-DUNDUN comes in over the flaming camp and you have no idea what happens after.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#397    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 09 January 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Palmer was a freaking legend 'Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America. I mean, they taught the Incas everything they know.' hahaha.

I dunno, it still had a lot of that freaky dog in it, didn't it? Maybe the ultimate nightmare, a dogthing with the wit of Palmer :D

The ending is absolutely phenomenal, so cautious and quiet and the dialogue is killer, when that DUN-DUNDUN comes in over the flaming camp and you have no idea what happens after.
Yeah that music is spine tingling :tu:

#398    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

There was a theory it comes on everytime a Thing is onscreen, dunno how accurate it is though.

#399    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

played on screen in that movie or just in general ?

#400    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,521 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Whenever it comes on during the movie it's supposed to hint that a Thing is onscreen, never really checked whether the theory has any accuracy, but then again early on it's hard to tell who could be human and not...

#401    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 12 January 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

Whenever it comes on during the movie it's supposed to hint that a Thing is onscreen, never really checked whether the theory has any accuracy, but then again early on it's hard to tell who could be human and not...
Yeah imagine an alien like that that could take the form of others scary stuff

#402    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,521 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

How about another classic outer space freak, anyone like Alien and Alien 2? I love 'em both!

#403    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

View Postdeacon_dark, on 26 December 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

The Changeling with George C. Scott.  1980 or 1981

ZOMG I watched that movie years ago...I can barely remember it but the one scene that freaked me out so bad was this part where a guy and a girl are taking a bubblebath together, and for some reason the crazy b**** submerges her head under the water, and then she just pops back up violently screaming at the top of her lungs, made me jump thru the ceiling! Seriously what the hell was even the point of that...aside from scaring the **** out of me...

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#404    SarahAvery

SarahAvery

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

the fourth kind............defiantly one of the scariest I've watched, only because it is based on a true story and could totally be real. i would advise everyone that can to for sure check it out, and tell me what you think about it!

#405    Raven_Tear

Raven_Tear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Saw that one, not too sure about it but it was freaky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users