Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lucky escape for 1 year old in car crash

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

A one year old baby girl in Russia, has a miraculous escape after being involved in a car accident that saw her flung into the path of oncoming traffic

http://video.sky.com...Crash Baby/true

I first saw the video footage on Sky News..Scary stuff...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 23 January 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#2    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

• WRATH

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

It was obviously a guardian angel.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#3    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostSean93, on 23 January 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

It was obviously a guardian angel.

The truck driver saw the baby and swerved out of the way.. That's what I saw anyway..

#4    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

a very lucky child

#5    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

• WRATH

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 23 January 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

The truck driver saw the baby and swerved out of the way.. That's what I saw anyway..
Posted Image

P.S...I was being sarcastic...oddly enough though, no one has seriously said that answer yet.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 23 January 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

a very lucky child
Not with a parent who drives like that!!

Saw this this morning when my husband showed me, the driver was overtaking the car in front, what sort of responsible adult is that? What an idiot, he should be banned for driving for life, not only did he put his family at risk, but also the lorry drivers.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 23 January 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Not with a parent who drives like that!!

The roads were icy..  And many have spun out of control in really bad icy roads .. It does happen..He may have been over taking a car  ( we all do that on the moterway / freeway )  but the spinning was still an accident...  I doubt he would have imagined that.. Although, I do see where you are coming from.. If on ice roads and you have a baby in the back, you take it easy...  We all make mistakes, some more vital than others.. I hope this man learned a good lesson from it..I know I sure would have

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 23 January 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostSean93, on 23 January 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

P.S...I was being sarcastic...oddly enough though, no one has seriously said that answer yet.

Not yet... There could still be those that will... I believe in angels myself, but that to me didn't look like some angel intervention..

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 23 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

The roads were icy..  And many have spun out of control in really bad icy roads .. It does happen..He may have been over taking a car  ( we all do that on the moterway / freeway )  but the spinning was still an accident...  I doubt he would have imagined that.. Although, I do see where you are coming from.. If on ice roads and you have a baby in the back, you take it easy...  We all make mistakes, some more vital than others.. I hope this man learned a good lesson from it..I know I sure would have
I can understand why you say its not his fault because of the snow, yes he clipped the ice, but he was overtaking and should not have been in those sort of conditions, when he had children in the back and there was oncoming traffic, not only oncoming traffic but lorries. These sort of conditions can be fatal, so extreme care is needed, here is a similar situation but without children in the car and he was not overtaking:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#10    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 23 January 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

but he was overtaking and should not have been in those sort of conditions, when he had children in the back and there was oncoming traffic, not only oncoming traffic but lorries.

I understand that, which is why I had mentioned to you in my previous post.....

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 23 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Although, I do see where you are coming from.. If on ice roads and you have a baby in the back, you take it easy...  

I was agreeing with you on that previously

It's happened to me on icy roads ( in 2010 )  and I wasn't going fast.. If anything, I was going slower thinking I was being careful.. But it was too much, I spun out of control and clipped another car.. It all happened so quickly..No one was hurt, and thankfully no real damage done.. But I have to admit, it was a bit scary, I was crapping myself lol.... I think for a good few months after that, when driving, I was like a stiff, you could see the whites of my knuckles at the wheel....  It goes to show you, that even if you are going at a steady pace, you can still wind up in a bit of an accident ...

My husbands car ( a few times ) would skid and slid a good bit when pulling out of our driveway..  Sometimes the ice can be your enemy...They used to gravel  most of the roads over here, but the road I was on was clearly not done

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 24 January 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#11    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

The baby should have been in a baby seat, strapped in.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 24 January 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

The baby should have been in a baby seat, strapped in.
mentioned this with my husband, but as he pointed out, if you see the impact it has on the back of the car it may well have ripped it out.

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Another point i would like to make it where this happened, have seen a couple of these now, not all so horrific, but they mainly seem to happen in places like Russia where they are more used to driving in these extreme conditions, so the chances are many will think they are so used to it, nothing can happen....unfortunately the icy roads say otherwise.

#14    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

mentioned this with my husband, but as he pointed out, if you see the impact it has on the back of the car it may well have ripped it out.
seriously??? never ever ever ever ever heard of a child bein ripped out of a carseat durin a collision

Kitty >'.'<

#15    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,605 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

If you read the story correctly, it was said the baby was thrown out of the car, as the car was going to crash, so the baby would escape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users