Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how Blatant can TAPS be

southbronxden

Just finshed watching taps wow, they buy an INN find out their having paranormal activity in it and then call in GHI to investigate it. How many people are going to flock to their Inn when it opens for biz or they give tours when the renovations are finished? This episode should prove TAPS is in it just for the money. By the way GHI gave the place it stamp of paranormal-ness. Lame Lame lame. :wacko:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• southbronxden

• Plainbob13

• Aanica

• theGhost_and_theDarkness

Just finshed watching taps wow, they buy an INN find out their having paranormal activity in it and then call in GHI to investigate it. How many people are going to flock to their Inn when it opens for biz or they give tours when the renovations are finished? This episode should prove TAPS is in it just for the money. By the way GHI gave the place it stamp of paranormal-ness. Lame Lame lame. :wacko:

LOL yep. funny is it not. :w00t:

Bunch a b*******.

side note: plainbob your avatar is badass. Willie is the man.

I think all tv shows like TAPS -- that I have seen, at least -- are just in it for the money.

You know, if anyone really investigated and found something, then the news of it would be everywhere. It would be on every news channel and it would have people questioning. That's why I don't watch those sort of shows... because they obviously haven't found a thing.

Edited by InfraredCow

Do you know what they do with the money? o: Bet you didn't know they're big with charities.

Edit: I lied. Their last (public) charity appears to have been... two-ish years ago? Can't tell. Google fails.

Edited by Ebonykrow

Yeah i said the same thing to my wife.That was the lamest poss thing to do.Publicize ur crappy hotel on your show.Nice one TAPS

Well, their clients have been reporting an increase of business after having their restaurant, taven, hotel..Etc

investigated and aired on television.

Everyone wants to go stay at that place they saw on T.V.!

IMO, it was only a matter of time.

I am just waiting for them to open their own insane asylum.

Well, their clients have been reporting an increase of business after having their restaurant, taven, hotel..Etc

investigated and aired on television.

Everyone wants to go stay at that place they saw on T.V.!

IMO, it was only a matter of time.

I am just waiting for them to open their own insane asylum.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't open a ghost museum in the basement of the Inn. They could be just like the Warrens.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't open a ghost museum in the basement of the Inn. They could be just like the Warrens.

I think that's going a little too far...comparing the TAPS guys with the Warrens. As far as what Jason and Grant do for charity, they help people that think their house is haunted. They don't charge for their services. I already know the replies most of you will give. "Why should they charge for their service, they don't do anything, anyway." or "Of course they don't charge, the SCI-FI channel pays them a grip of money." I say, true to the second point. How else could some plummers buy a huge friggin' hotel, otherwise. But, besides the TAPS guys getting on all of YOUR nerves, I haven't heard of any disgruntled customers come out of the woodworks and they've been on the air for what? 4 or 5 years now.

Haven't watched it yet. It's sitting on the DVR.

How "scientific" can you get? "Investigating" your own business on national television. :w00t:

Thanks for the memories, TAPS.

Edited by Hamlyn

how incredibly shameless and pathetic.

they're also realy lame. HEY HAVE FUN WHILE WE GO SNOWMOBILING AREN'T WE TOTALLY COOL.

asshats

I think all tv shows like TAPS -- that I have seen, at least -- are just in it for the money.

You know, if anyone really investigated and found something, then the news of it would be everywhere. It would be on every news channel and it would have people questioning. That's why I don't watch those sort of shows... because they obviously haven't found a thing.

Yeah you're right, I remember watching that psychic detective show where they claim to have discovered what happened to Natalee Holloway and John Bennett Ramsey. Supposedly they can see all the things that lead up to, and the actual crimes taking place, but they can't ever provide a positive identity to the person that comitted the crime or give an exact location where bodies are being held. :rolleyes:And since I'm on the subject....has any of these so called psychics ever actually given the whereabouts of a hidden body or an actual description and location of a killer? You know like provide police with info to actually solve a case based on the "visions" they have :wacko:

how incredibly shameless and pathetic.

they're also realy lame. HEY HAVE FUN WHILE WE GO SNOWMOBILING AREN'T WE TOTALLY COOL.

asshats

There was a funny line said by Grant, ( the guy who collar was PULLED several times on an earlier show, and was held down by ghostly fingers), "...my son was touched...and I believe him..." well I guess like father like son lol. :rolleyes:

Edited by southbronxden

There was a funny line said by Grant, ( the guy who collar was PULLED several times on an earlier show, and was held down by ghostly fingers), "...my son was touched...and I believe him..." well I guess like father like son lol. :rolleyes:

You know the saying, "The family that haunts together, stays together."

Yeah you're right, I remember watching that psychic detective show where they claim to have discovered what happened to Natalee Holloway and John Bennett Ramsey. Supposedly they can see all the things that lead up to, and the actual crimes taking place, but they can't ever provide a positive identity to the person that comitted the crime or give an exact location where bodies are being held.

Not true. Sometimes they pick them right out of lineups, just like eyewitnesses do. Sometimes they lead police to a body or draw an accurate map of where it is.

Almost all of these homicide detectives who work with psychics are hard-nosed and very difficult to snow. That is the business they are in. You don't get to be a homicide detective by believing any old nonsense that comes along. And yet many of them are convinced that they are dealing with something real.

And since I'm on the subject....has any of these so called psychics ever actually given the whereabouts of a hidden body or an actual description and location of a killer? You know like provide police with info to actually solve a case based on the "visions" they have

Yes, absolutely. You can't have watched too many of those shows if you have never seen examples of those things. Watch those shows, and you'll see these tough old homicide detectives saying that they're convinced. It sounds like a load to me, too, but sometimes the truth is strange. :)

I was never impressed with TAPS. I watch it every now and then, and I think they should invesitgate why all ghost hunts are done in the dark and why ghost hunters own the crappiest night vision equipment ever, lol. It's nice entertainment but I don't put much stock in televised stuff. Not to go off on a crazt tangent, but everything we see on TV is regulated. If there ever was a REAL haunting, REAL aliens, etc, it wouldn't be televised because the government or whoever would want the money and stuff all for themselves. I dunno, it's just TV.

But yeah, advertising your own hotel is pretty low (and it's no surprise that it turned out to have paranormal activity. :rolleyes: )

Edited by Yhnomi

Yeah you're right, I remember watching that psychic detective show where they claim to have discovered what happened to Natalee Holloway and John Bennett Ramsey. Supposedly they can see all the things that lead up to, and the actual crimes taking place, but they can't ever provide a positive identity to the person that comitted the crime or give an exact location where bodies are being held. :rolleyes:And since I'm on the subject....has any of these so called psychics ever actually given the whereabouts of a hidden body or an actual description and location of a killer? You know like provide police with info to actually solve a case based on the "visions" they have :wacko:

Actually, they have. . .but usually psychic evidence is labeled "low priority" and gets filed away in the back where it never sees the light of day again. I was reading some of the psychic tips for the Caylee Anthony case (I was REALLY bored) before the body was found. Many of them were extremely similar. . .some even got into detail about how the area where she was buried was under water, but it wasn't permanent water like a lake or river. They also went into detail about how the body would be found, and, again, right down to the last detail of duct tape and plastic bag and who will find them. There were more details, but I've forgotten them now. Its actually a pretty interesting read if you're desperately bored like I tend to be. It could just all be lucky guesses, but there are a whole lot of them that are almost identical. Mind you, this is coming from someone that REALLY despises psychics.

The stories you hear about police hiring psychics are VERY rare. Police don't like to deal with them unless they're absolutely baffled. Even then it takes some convincing.

As for Ghost hunters. . .I don't understand why everyone gets so upset. Its a tv show! They really are nice people when you meet them. My brother had only nice things to say about them (and, mind you, my brother thinks ghosts are a bunch of crap and he really doesn't like a lot of people) and the guy on their Battleship investigation (the one in Wilmington, NC) also said they were a really nice group of people, and that they really were serious about what they did.

Whether or not they've let their production company get the best of them since then remains to be seen. . .but I still think they're a decent group. Maybe not inside the show, because they've got people to answer to there. .but outside the show I can't see why they should be patronized.

They've, at the very least, brought a lot of attention to the field. . .not to mention they don't use those psychics, like other shows do. They've brought more attention to the technical side of investigating. Before them, most people thought ghost hunters were a bunch of psychic wannabe loons that wondered aimlessly around rooms and talked to people living in their ear or whatnot. It'll be nice to see the people who are influenced by that show to go out and investigate. . .at least they won't be claiming every speck of dust and every "eerie feeling" is a ghost.

I was never impressed with TAPS. I watch it every now and then, and I think they should invesitgate why all ghost hunts are done in the dark and why ghost hunters own the crappiest night vision equipment ever, lol. It's nice entertainment but I don't put much stock in televised stuff. Not to go off on a crazt tangent, but everything we see on TV is regulated. If there ever was a REAL haunting, REAL aliens, etc, it wouldn't be televised because the government or whoever would want the money and stuff all for themselves. I dunno, it's just TV.

But yeah, advertising your own hotel is pretty low (and it's no surprise that it turned out to have paranormal activity. :rolleyes: )

You're supposed to investigate in the dark so there is less chance of interferences. When its light, there are more moving shadows to account for, lamps or lights that are on create EMF's. Not to mention what they'll do if you're using thermal imaging. When the lights are off, there's minimal outside influence. You'll get EMF's from wiring and whatnot, but it's going to be easier to isolate than EMF's from every lightbulb in the place being on. On top of that theres the fact that, if there is a subtle light or something of that nature that's not supposed to be there, it won't show up when its drowned out by all the other lights. There's nothing that says you HAVE to investigate in the dark, just some people prefer it and think its easier.

As for the night vision. . .night vision itself is a progressing technology. Its very expensive to buy a decent camera that shoots in night vision. . .and generally even those aren't what you would call "outstanding". Of course, what WOULD you consider decent night vision? That is the real question, I suppose. Have you ever bought and used different night vision cameras? I'm apt to say that, by your definition, there is no such thing as a good one.

Anyways. . .here's a snippet from someone that wasn't a part of TAPS who went on a hunt with them that was later televised. Go here He seems to look at them the same way everyone else I know that's met them looks at them. Pretty decent guys that got televised.

You're supposed to investigate in the dark so there is less chance of interferences. When its light, there are more moving shadows to account for, lamps or lights that are on create EMF's. Not to mention what they'll do if you're using thermal imaging. When the lights are off, there's minimal outside influence. You'll get EMF's from wiring and whatnot, but it's going to be easier to isolate than EMF's from every lightbulb in the place being on. On top of that theres the fact that, if there is a subtle light or something of that nature that's not supposed to be there, it won't show up when its drowned out by all the other lights. There's nothing that says you HAVE to investigate in the dark, just some people prefer it and think its easier.

As for the night vision. . .night vision itself is a progressing technology. Its very expensive to buy a decent camera that shoots in night vision. . .and generally even those aren't what you would call "outstanding". Of course, what WOULD you consider decent night vision? That is the real question, I suppose. Have you ever bought and used different night vision cameras? I'm apt to say that, by your definition, there is no such thing as a good one.

Anyways. . .here's a snippet from someone that wasn't a part of TAPS who went on a hunt with them that was later televised. Go here He seems to look at them the same way everyone else I know that's met them looks at them. Pretty decent guys that got televised.

I am not criticizing U but it amazes me how many people Take Up for taps, they maybe nice men but all successful con men are nice men; and if you can afford to buy a sprawing Inn, you cant afford the best tech equipment, and by the way the misuse of said equipment doesn't make the findings valid, snake oil is snake oil.

Actually, they have. . .but usually psychic evidence is labeled "low priority" and gets filed away in the back where it never sees the light of day again. I was reading some of the psychic tips for the Caylee Anthony case (I was REALLY bored) before the body was found. Many of them were extremely similar. . .some even got into detail about how the area where she was buried was under water, but it wasn't permanent water like a lake or river. They also went into detail about how the body would be found, and, again, right down to the last detail of duct tape and plastic bag and who will find them. There were more details, but I've forgotten them now. Its actually a pretty interesting read if you're desperately bored like I tend to be. It could just all be lucky guesses, but there are a whole lot of them that are almost identical. Mind you, this is coming from someone that REALLY despises psychics.

The stories you hear about police hiring psychics are VERY rare. Police don't like to deal with them unless they're absolutely baffled. Even then it takes some convincing.

As for Ghost hunters. . .I don't understand why everyone gets so upset. Its a tv show! They really are nice people when you meet them. My brother had only nice things to say about them (and, mind you, my brother thinks ghosts are a bunch of crap and he really doesn't like a lot of people) and the guy on their Battleship investigation (the one in Wilmington, NC) also said they were a really nice group of people, and that they really were serious about what they did.

Whether or not they've let their production company get the best of them since then remains to be seen. . .but I still think they're a decent group. Maybe not inside the show, because they've got people to answer to there. .but outside the show I can't see why they should be patronized.

They've, at the very least, brought a lot of attention to the field. . .not to mention they don't use those psychics, like other shows do. They've brought more attention to the technical side of investigating. Before them, most people thought ghost hunters were a bunch of psychic wannabe loons that wondered aimlessly around rooms and talked to people living in their ear or whatnot. It'll be nice to see the people who are influenced by that show to go out and investigate. . .at least they won't be claiming every speck of dust and every "eerie feeling" is a ghost.

Oh ok, I was wondering because with the few episodes I saw there was a lot of comotion and hoopla but no real results came out of it in the end, because no useful info was given that led to any arrest. So if it's possible then why can't psychics be led right to the killer or body more often. Can anyone tell me about an actual case a psychic has solved? I'm not asking for arguments sake, merely curiosity ;) I love watching Medium and wonder why phychics can't really solve cases like that in real life :P

I am not criticizing U but it amazes me how many people Take Up for taps, they maybe nice men but all successful con men are nice men; and if you can afford to buy a sprawing Inn, you cant afford the best tech equipment, and by the way the misuse of said equipment doesn't make the findings valid, snake oil is snake oil.

Where in her post did you see her defending TAPS? You need glasses my friend, she was simply showing you how you were wrong. Again have you

ever tried to buy night vision cams? I have and I wish I could afford ones as nice as TAPS has.

and if you can afford to buy a sprawing Inn, you cant afford the best tech equipment

You could say the same thing about a big house and a speedboat.... but witch do you want more :rofl:

I would take the house any day.

You all act as if you wouldn't do the same thing if put in that position...

I don't know of anyone who has ever made an investment hoping that it would fail & go broke....

Every living human is "in it for the money"...

You all act as if you wouldn't do the same thing if put in that position...

I don't know of anyone who has ever made an investment hoping that it would fail & go broke....

Every living human is "in it for the money"...

Yes, what you said is true, but blatantly using you're show that is supposed to be about the paranormal to whore out the Inn you just purchased is taking it a bit far in my opinion ;)

Yes, what you said is true, but blatantly using you're show that is supposed to be about the paranormal to whore out the Inn you just purchased is taking it a bit far in my opinion ;)

Again...anyone in the same situation would do the same thing....they did an investigation, which would follow the whole "show being about paranormal",

Would anyone be bit**ing about this if they had come up with nothing...I just don't understand why it's such a big deal.