Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peter Jennings u.fo. special

vulturetotem

I was flipping around on the telly the other night when I see a

commercial for a Peter Jennings special on u.f.o.s. Anyone else heard

of this? I haven't seen it again nor can I find anything on line. ABC

doing a u.f.o. special??? Do you think he was or will be stopped?

I was too suprised to hear the date.

light b w/u

V.T.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vulturetotem

• eckogangsta

• Babs

• Sweetpumper

A google search brought up this brief snippet, don't know how reliable it is, but you'll know by the end of next month.

CLICK HERE

As a followup, I noticed that ABC has begun running promo's for the Jennings UFO special, its slated to air on Feb. 24th.

MM

I missed this thread and started another on it which should be closed. Anyway, I'm very interested to see this to find out what new, if any, info they will have. I'm guessing not a lot. I can almost see them passing on info you and I have long known about (avoiding the obvious ones-like Roswell), to the masses. New stories to those with passing interest but old news to us.

I hope they include the UFO sightings in Illinois a couple years ago and some shots of the triangles in California. The number of people seeing these thing are increasing and with Video cams and digital cameras more are being photographed.

I hope they include the UFO sightings in Illinois a couple years ago and some shots of the triangles in California. The number of people seeing these thing are increasing and with Video cams and digital cameras more are being photographed.

477276[/snapback]

Yeah, the wide consumer use and ready availability of digital video recording devices should open-up a new era of recorded sightings.

The ease of digital manipulation will see a similar, if not upwardly disproportionate, rise in hoaxes.

Edited by pallidin

Yup it will be broadcast on ABC station on FEB 24, 2005...I just hope that bush is not going to be on this one...

Thanx for all the feedback. I do believe all the networks (except fox) have had enough right wing propaganda. Maybe this u.f.o. special is the start of some new policies. I've heard some jokes on shows that would not have been allowed a few months ago (directed at dubya's unfounded war evidence). I know, this isn't a political thread but we gotta start telling the truth somewhere... ph34r.gif

peace!!!

V.T.

Edited by vulturetotem

Thanx for all the feedback. I do believe all the networks (except fox) have had enough right wing propaganda. Maybe this u.f.o. special is the start of some new policies. I've heard some jokes on shows that would not have been allowed a few months ago (directed at dubya's  unfounded war evidence). I know, this isn't a political thread but we gotta start telling the truth somewhere... ph34r.gif

peace!!!

V.T.

477856[/snapback]

You've got to be kidding me. You gotta be high to think this has anything to do with politics. But, I guess some people see what they wanna see. user posted image

I was flipping around on the telly the other night when I see a

commercial for a Peter Jennings special on u.f.o.s. Anyone else heard

of this? I haven't seen it again nor can I find anything on line. ABC

doing a u.f.o. special??? Do you think he was or will be stopped?

I was too suprised to hear the date.

light b w/u

V.T.

469252[/snapback]

I was in Roswell at the UFO museum last July and saw the Jennings film crew interviewing the director of the museum. Their questions and behavior were serious and they did a lot of other filming-so who knows. Feb. 24 is the air date.

Actually I thought being high was pre-req to be on this forum(hehe).

Ask Dan Rather if he was high when he told the truth and lost his job.

There should be some cool new stuff out there. I haven't seen a decent ufo show since Best evidence caught on tape II, which wasn't all great but at least it dealt with the subject matter-of-factly. I get so sick of shows that have some skeptic droning endlessly, just because they've never seen one. How about some shows for believers and witnesses? Ya can't explain away some of the things I've seen.

I am kinda sorry to hear Mr. Jennings is dredging up roswell again, maybe there's some new stuff...

V.T.

Looks like the same ol' stuff. I'll watch anyway...

The UFO Phenomenon -- Seeing Is Believing

Two-Hour Primetime Special Airs Thursday, Feb. 24 at 8 p.m.

Feb. 4, 2005 -- Almost 50 percent of Americans, according to recent polls, and millions of people elsewhere in the world believe that UFOs are real. For many it is a deeply held belief.

For decades there have been sightings of UFOs by millions and millions of people. It is a mystery that only science can solve, and yet the phenomenon remains largely unexamined. Most of the reporting on this subject by the mainstream media holds those who claim to have seen UFOs up to ridicule.

On Feb. 24, "Peter Jennings Reporting: UFOs — Seeing Is Believing" takes a fresh look at the UFO phenomenon. "As a journalist," says Jennings, "I began this project with a healthy dose of skepticism and as open a mind as possible. After almost 150 interviews with scientists, investigators and with many of those who claim to have witnessed unidentified flying objects, there are important questions that have not been completely answered — and a great deal not fully explained."

"Peter Jennings Reporting: UFOs — Seeing Is Believing" airs Thursday, Feb. 24 from 8-10 p.m. ET on ABC. The program will be broadcast in High Definition.

This two-hour primetime special reports on the entire scope of the UFO experience — from the first famous sighting by Kenneth Arnold in 1947 to the present day. The program draws on interviews with police officers, pilots, military personnel, scientists and ordinary citizens who give extraordinary accounts of encounters with the unexplained. Also included are the voices of professional skeptics about UFOs, including scientists who are leading the search for life forms beyond Earth elsewhere in the universe.

The program explores the facts behind the enduring mystery of the incident at Roswell, N.M., and looks into the strange stories of alien abductions. Among the UFO cases presented:

Minot Air Force Base, N.D., October 1968 — Sixteen airmen on the ground and the crew of an airborne B-52 witness a massive unidentified object hovering near the base.

Phoenix, March 1997 — Hundreds witness a huge triangular craft moving slowly over the city.

St. Clair County, Ill., January 2000 — Police officers in five adjoining towns all independently report witnessing a giant craft with multiple bright lights moving silently across the sky at a very low altitude.

Today if you report a UFO to the U.S. government you will be informed that the Air Force conducted a 22-year investigation that ended in 1969 and concluded that UFOs are not a threat to national security and are of no scientific interest. But as one of the world's leading theoretical physicists says in the program, "You simply cannot dismiss the possibility that some of these UFO sightings are actually sightings from some object created by … a civilization perhaps millions of years ahead of us in technology."

"Peter Jennings Reporting: UFOs — Seeing Is Believing" is produced by PJ Productions and Springs Media for ABC News. Mark Obenhaus and Tom Yellin are the executive producers.

prolly the same pilots, cops, military an civilians that

have been ignored for years, at least we got something

on network t.v. fer a change.

thanx for the info sweetp.

V.T.

The "Key" being one of the Big 3 tackling this. A major network.

Kudos to ABC.

I don't think it will reveal anything new to us, but it shows that as a nation or world, we have evolved passed the "little green men" and this is being taken more seriously as mainstream science is also taking a more serious approach to it.

ABC Link <--

Interesting thread subtitle - "Will it be allowed?"

Is that supposed to be a reference to the Bush administration preventing this show from being aired?

Nonsense, the Bushies love this kind of make believe. Anything to take people's minds off the real problems we are facing.

I am not a psychic but I'm going to make some predictions. This is a two hour special, so allowing for comercials, actual show time will be around 90 minutes.

Prediction 1: 80 minutes will be dovoted to "believers", 10 minutes to serious rebuttal.

Prediction 2: Most of the rebuttals will be made by people not really qualified to make them and sounding silly when do.

Hey, maybe I am psychic.

Just in case you folk haven't heard, ABC is doing a two-hour UFO special. The show airs February 24th at 8:00PM. Petter Jennings is hosting. They're putting their anchorman on this show so it at least appears to be a serious look at the UFO phenomenon.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Primetime/story?id=468496

I hope this show does a good job of investigation. I hope they present both sides well or it won't be taken seriously.

Hitman

Me wish's Walken had something that could receive American tv stuck to the side of his apartment building. You crafty yanks get all the good paranormal tv. The closest thing I get is the sci-fi channel.

I just got the feeling that this show may actually be quite good, lots of new stuff or something. I don't thing mr. jennings will waste our time.

Jus' thinkin'.

V.T.

It's coming on tomarrow! w00t.gif I can't wait to see what they are going to present and what their going to leave out or if they are going to twist the program somehow and not give the whole real story. alien.gif

It's gonna be a total white wash. Everytime mainstream news touches the UFO subject, they make any and everyone involved with investigating the phenomena look like lunatics, and portray someone like Klaas, with claims that shiney metallic objects zipping across the sky are nothing but the planets Jupiter or Venus, look credible. mad.gif