Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who wants Pm back in chat

sunburst

Do you want private chat back in the chat room?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want private chat back in the chat room?

• Yes
    • No

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!!!: if you have never been in chat, used the private message or you don't even know what pm is, then please don't vote. this is for the people who have used it and know what it is. thank you....

As you may of known, the private chat in the UM chat room has been removed. We would like to know if you want it back or not. Vote in private and state your ideals if you wish.

I think private chat should be placed back into the chat room. With private chat you can talk to one person about your problems or just random stuff while not interupting the main chat. New users too shy to talk in the open can talk to one person in private chat until they are confindent enough to talk in the main chat. I agree that private chat should be brought back.

Edited by sunburst

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Lone Wolf

• sunburst

• 2spookie

• Kissmet

Top Posters In This Topic

The chat room is for open public chat, not for private messaging. If people want to PM someone else they can do so via MSN or through the forum messanger. Nobody could say anything in the room at all without it appearing in public for all to see, no hiding, no relationships, no gossip, no harrassment, no unverifiable claims of private message misuse.

I don't use it much but PM is always a nice thing to have as like you said, it dosn't interfere with the public disscussion..

The chat room is a public chatroom. Private chat has the very real potential for misuses and as such it was disabled. If you want private chat, use MSN. It's easy and it's free.

it's always good to have PM... for a lot of people, UM has been sort of a second home where they can go to for refuge to see their friends... it is true that a lot of the people (who goes way back) have built friendships and shared pains and problems that they can't just forecast in the main chat. I understand that there are still some other ways of doing instant messaging (MSN or what not) but it is diffrent when you are in an environment where you feel most at home too. I can talk all i want to people via the use of other instant messaging network, but it will never be the same. My reason may seem vauge but i'm sure a lot of people would seem to relate. I have been a member for 10 months and I have met a handful of great friends it would be great to get to talk to them all in one venue.

once apon a time it was a good thing a very good thing indeed but now due to misuse and many times having been abused let it lay on the side of the road. it truely is better off left as road kill sorry hun but this how i hears it

here is a thought from one the UM users. The name will not be said

for all those who want pm back into chat. list the reason why you would have it back and what things we could change to make pm easier to manage for the admins so things wont get hectic as it did back then(though i dont have any idea what happened). me and a group of others want pm back really bad as we did not misuse it. why should we and abounch of other people suffer due to other peoples stupidity. we have notice the drop in people on UM GREATLY. its down to around 6-12 people and 12 is only on a good day. it used to be up to around 12-15 people average with the chat full off good topics and ideas. and some times the chat would even spike in the 20's. but i havnt seen that in a very very very long time. so we ask for your ideas to bring chat alive and still let the admins have their cake and eat it too.

some times the chat would even spike in the 20's. but i havnt seen that in a very very very long

This may largely depend on what time of the day/night you visit the chat room. We still see numbers reaching the 20's on a fairly regular basis :tu:

once apon a time it was a good thing a very good thing indeed but now due to misuse and many times having been abused let it lay on the side of the road. it truely is better off left as road kill sorry hun but this how i hears it

:yes: YES LEAVE IT LAY AS ROAD KILL. TRUE, PEOPLE CAN RESORT TO USIN MSN OR YAHOO MESSENGER

FOR PERSONAL USE.

Edited by 2spookie

:yes: YES LEAVE IT LAY AS ROAD KILL. TRUE PEOPLE CAN RESORT TO USIN MSN OR YAHOO MESSENGER

FOR PERSONAL USE.

OMG spookie did u and i just agree there is still hope for the world

yeah well ive been here all sorts of times of days and ive only seen its highest point is 14 that ive seen.

i know the pm system has been misused. tell me somthing i dont know. every thing can be misused. i look at the world as this.. if we had to get rid of every thing for some one elses stupidty.. we would have NOTHING. people misuse cars. but no one has taken them away.. and if they did. well every ones life would be in hell. people have misused wood. does that mean we will not be able to use wood anymore. people have misused nails (yes ive seen people misuse nails) does that mean we cant build our homes and build projects anymore.. not if we have to take it all away. and some people may not be able to get MSN or Yahoo. or other chat rooms. some OSs dont suport that type of program (yes i have seen computers that dont). another reason for pm is this is UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES. were you talk about your incounters, discoveries, and opinions... but i learned from EXPERIANCE. its not easy going in there and blurting what youve done out to every one.. it takes alot of time and i got my strength up from talking to people over the PM system because i was indeed scared to say it in public. and thats how ive met some wounderful friends..which sease to come on now. ive helped alot of people myself getting them to start talking out loud. and ive even helped people with their problems personaly thru pm. who wants to say their problems in public.. no one. it seems UM has not been the same sence then.. i even wish i would of had time so i didnt have to leave the site for this long.. now i come back and its just not the same now. i dont see as many faces as i used to. i konw this is my opinion and it may mean little to many but i guess it doesnt hurt stating ones opinion. good or bad. but i rather see the good.

and one more thing.. dont take a vote on here if you havnt even been to chat. or dont use it. only people who have been in chat or have used it can vote. i would almost say that Admins votes shouldnt count but i have seen the admins chat normaly in there and they use chat as well. so admin votes WILL count. though its not like we know who votes or not.. so guess we dont have a choise XD

:yes: YES LEAVE IT LAY AS ROAD KILL. TRUE PEOPLE CAN RESORT TO USIN MSN OR YAHOO MESSENGER

FOR PERSONAL USE.

I don't evn know what you mean by "TRUE" people...

yeah well ive been here all sorts of times of days and ive only seen its highest point is 14 that ive seen.

i know the pm system has been misused. tell me somthing i dont know. every thing can be misused. i look at the world as this.. if we had to get rid of every thing for some one elses stupidty.. we would have NOTHING. people misuse cars. but no one has taken them away.. and if they did. well every ones life would be in hell. people have misused wood. does that mean we will not be able to use wood anymore. people have misused nails (yes ive seen people misuse nails) does that mean we cant build our homes and build projects anymore.. not if we have to take it all away. and some people may not be able to get MSN or Yahoo. or other chat rooms. some OSs dont suport that type of program (yes i have seen computers that dont). another reason for pm is this is UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES. were you talk about your incounters, discoveries, and opinions... but i learned from EXPERIANCE. its not easy going in there and blurting what youve done out to every one.. it takes alot of time and i got my strength up from talking to people over the PM system because i was indeed scared to say it in public. and thats how ive met some wounderful friends..which sease to come on now. ive helped alot of people myself getting them to start talking out loud. and ive even helped people with their problems personaly thru pm. who wants to say their problems in public.. no one. it seems UM has not been the same sence then.. i even wish i would of had time so i didnt have to leave the site for this long.. now i come back and its just not the same now. i dont see as many faces as i used to. i konw this is my opinion and it may mean little to many but i guess it doesnt hurt stating ones opinion. good or bad. but i rather see the good.

I second hun, it doesn't hurt stating one's opinion.... and yeah i think it makes snese that ideally people who should even care to vote should be using chat but we'll never know

and one more thing.. dont take a vote on here if you havnt even been to chat. or dont use it. only people who have been in chat or have used it can vote. i would almost say that Admins votes shouldnt count but i have seen the admins chat normaly in there and they use chat as well. so admin votes WILL count. though its not like we know who votes or not.. so guess we dont have a choise XD

I third and second that!!!

Unfortunately there has in the past been too much inappropriate behavior that it is unlikely that private chat will be reinstated. SaRuMaN has the final word and I am sure that he will answer all queries on what plans he has.

and one more thing.. dont take a vote on here if you havnt even been to chat. or dont use it. only people who have been in chat or have used it can vote.

This is a public opinion poll on a public message board. You cannot pick or choose who is allowed to vote

This is a public opinion poll on a public message board. You cannot pick or choose who is allowed to vote

yes i know that, i just don't think it's fair if they say no and they don't even know what it is. then they are (in my view) blinding voting, but i can't stop them, that is just a request.

thank you.

I don't evn know what you mean by "TRUE" people...

Oh I forgot the comma after "True," sorry for any inconvience....

lol. im sure ALL the admins will be voting.. and im sure they wont be voting yes. just... ive said most of what i can say. just hope some more people might back up what i had to say

yeah well.. not much we can do about that voting thing.. not like i know who votes and what not.. no reason to get all defence about it jeez.. another thing i hate about this place its soooooooooooooooooo up tight. drives me nutty i swear. gotta pull all the technical stuff.

how did he even know there was being misuse in the PM system..its called PM for a reason.. i just dont understand how somthing in the PM system could get it turned off... its the pm system... how could some one complain about it. if some one is bothering you why cant they use the ignore botton (as i said in my other post) id rather not repeat myself

yay then vote fellow UM member. though i dont know you much... though it would be nice to know people better. which is hard to do without pm as well... some times i just dont wanna say who i am and what i drive and were i live in public.

Edited by SG Wolf 222

i believe people used it as a datin service.... and i don't think theres a datin forum or thread any where here on UM. that i think is one of many reasons not to hav PM. like said before "yahoo or msn would be a good deal and its free..."

yeah well.. not much we can do about that voting thing.. not like i know who votes and what not.. no reason to get all defence about it jeez.. another thing i hate about this place its soooooooooooooooooo up tight. drives me nutty i swear. gotta pull all the technical stuff.

how did he even know there was being misuse in the PM system..its called PM for a reason.. i just dont understand how somthing in the PM system could get it turned off... its the pm system... how could some one complain about it. if some one is bothering you why cant they use the ignore botton (as i said in my other post) id rather not repeat myself

couldn't of said it better my friend. i was afraid to even post this thinking they would shut it down or i would get banned. and if someone is bothering you on the pm there is an ignore buttom you on. just right click the name and hit ignore, couldn't be easier.

yay then vote fellow UM member. though i dont know you much... though it would be nice to know people better. which is hard to do without pm as well... some times i just dont wanna say who i am and what i drive and were i live in public.

yes, if you agree that pm should be brought back, don't be afraid. voice your ideal and vote "yes".

i believe people used it as a datin service.... and i don't think theres a datin forum or thread any where here on UM. that i think is one of many reasons not to hav PM. like said before "yahoo or msn would be a good deal and its free..."

like some had said. some computer can't do yahoo or msn. like mine, i can't get either of them on here cause it blocks it and i had it looked at and it can't be fixed. however my computer does work with the pm. and saying that people used it as a "datin service" is an excuess. how could that be missued. pm and chat is used for whatever you want to talk about and does not need a forum.