Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Florida's own Chupacabra!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Shrieker_Fan

Shrieker_Fan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• I feel I was denied... critical, need-to-know information.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

Hello,

I don't believe this has been posted yet, and I think would be neat to pass along to get other people's opinions. Recently a family in Polk County, Florida have shot and killed a animal they believe to be a Chupacabra. Fox 13 came out and has done a interview with the Fusells. The video does include the body of the supposed Chupacabra as well since they kept the body. Actually, this happened only 7 minutes or so away from me and our family are aquaintances with the Fusells. I haven't had a chance to see the animal in person myself, although I did ask about it.

Anyway, check out the video and let me know what you think.

http://www.myfoxtamp...acabra-sighting

#2    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:58 PM

Florida's own mangy dog, rather.

They shot and killed a poor puppy, lord. Where will the madness end. Just because the poor thing doesn't have fur doesn't make it a friggin' monster.

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:55 AM

That's just an ill dog... I don't understand how they can think it is a chupacabra when there is no evidence that suggests it is... If they had said there was dead goats in the area drained of blood then that would suggest there is "something" worth looking into, but it's just a dead canine.

Edited by Coffey, 28 February 2010 - 12:55 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    Oberon Delta

Oberon Delta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:28 AM

THAT LOOKS LIKE DOG, FOX, OR COYOTE WITH REALLY BAD MANGE.  THATS WHAT PEOPLE ARE SEEING IN TEXAS BUT IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE ONE THAT STARTED THE WHOLE CONTROVERSY IN PUERTO RICO (I THINK I SPELLED IT RIGHT).  HERE IS A RENDITION OF WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE.Attached File  180px-Chupacabra.jpg   8.57K   9 downloads

Edited by Oberon Delta, 28 February 2010 - 01:30 AM.

#5    Javril

Javril

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

Oberon is it really necessary to caps everything?

Anyways

If local biologist identified it as a type of dog doesn't that pretty much rap it up? If they are skeptical why not get a second opinion, have a vet or biologist examine it without them knowing what the first biologist identified it as.

#6    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

View PostOberon Delta, on 28 February 2010 - 01:28 AM, said:

THAT LOOKS LIKE DOG, FOX, OR COYOTE WITH REALLY BAD MANGE.  THATS WHAT PEOPLE ARE SEEING IN TEXAS BUT IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE ONE THAT STARTED THE WHOLE CONTROVERSY IN PUERTO RICO (I THINK I SPELLED IT RIGHT).  HERE IS A RENDITION OF WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE.Attachment 180px-Chupacabra.jpg

Technically if it does suck the blood of goats, it doesn't matter what it looks like it would be a chupacabra, as Chupacabra mean goat sucker...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#7    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

Given dogs can't suck blood, I would say that--all technicalities considered--this still is not a chuppy.

#8    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

poor thing, they shot a defenseless canid.
disgusting.

the truth is out there....

#9    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

"To get a better look, S.L. Fussell shot it."

This is the answer to everything !!!!!

WTF is wrong with people? ( not to mention , thing was scared to death hiding up a tree , Mr. Fussell gets my coward of the year award....OP , please forward that mesage to your neighbor...

Does Florida have laws against harming domestic animals?....I know most States do , if so is S.L. Fussell exempt from this law?.....

Can someone in Florida shoot a strange looking person to " get a better look" and not get a manslaughter charge?.....

Rednecks , gotta love em'

Edited by Sakari, 28 February 2010 - 05:48 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#10    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

When they verify that this was in fact a dog, I hope the guy gets charged with animal cruelty. :tu:

#11    Drago

Drago

Annoying Skeptic Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

• Bolted doors and windows barred,
    Guard dogs prowling in the yard,
    Won't protect you in your bed,
    Nothing will, from Pumpkinhead.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

View PostSakari, on 28 February 2010 - 05:47 PM, said:

"To get a better look, S.L. Fussell shot it."

This is the answer to everything !!!!!

WTF is wrong with people? ( not to mention , thing was scared to death hiding up a tree , Mr. Fussell gets my coward of the year award....OP , please forward that mesage to your neighbor...

Does Florida have laws against harming domestic animals?....I know most States do , if so is S.L. Fussell exempt from this law?.....

Can someone in Florida shoot a strange looking person to " get a better look" and not get a manslaughter charge?.....

Rednecks , gotta love em'

"It's not that I even like guns, it's just that they keep solving all my problems for me!" - Gordon Freeman, Freeman's Mind.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn!

Attention all '2012 is when the world will end' advocates: If, on January 1st 2013, the world has not ended, I will expect a written formal apology from each of you.  That is all.

#12    Cryptid_Control

Cryptid_Control

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• “When the snows falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.”

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hmm, it looks like a dog... IT MUST BE A CUPACABRA!
lol i want to know whats going through these guys minds!
Poor puppy

EDIT: CAPITALS! LOL

Edited by Cryptid_Control, 28 February 2010 - 08:48 PM.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

#13    Oberon Delta

Oberon Delta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

View PostJavril, on 28 February 2010 - 04:31 AM, said:

Oberon is it really necessary to caps everything?

Anyways

If local biologist identified it as a type of dog doesn't that pretty much rap it up? If they are skeptical why not get a second opinion, have a vet or biologist examine it without them knowing what the first biologist identified it as.
Oops sorry. LOL  I didn't turn the caps lock off when I was typing. lol  But I have to say caps look so much better LOL

#14    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

View PostShrieker_Fan, on 27 February 2010 - 11:54 PM, said:

Hello,

I don't believe this has been posted yet, and I think would be neat to pass along to get other people's opinions. Recently a family in Polk County, Florida have shot and killed a animal they believe to be a Chupacabra. Fox 13 came out and has done a interview with the Fusells. The video does include the body of the supposed Chupacabra as well since they kept the body. Actually, this happened only 7 minutes or so away from me and our family are aquaintances with the Fusells. I haven't had a chance to see the animal in person myself, although I did ask about it.

Anyway, check out the video and let me know what you think.

http://www.myfoxtamp...acabra-sighting
The feet look interesting. More photos please!!

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#15    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

View PostSmugfish, on 02 March 2010 - 02:37 PM, said:

The feet look interesting. More photos please!!

...they look like a dog's feet? That's what a paw looks like when it isn't covered with fur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users