Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Westboro to protest Robin Williams funeral

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,982 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

San Francisco:  Members of the controversial Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church are planning an ill-advised protest at actor Robin Williams' funeral over his portrayal of a gay man in The Birdcage.

The Good Will Hunting star passed away on Monday and while details of his funeral have not been made public, members of the church have already announced plans to picket the memorial.

Further reading: http://m.smh.com.au/...-nnn-nnn-vars-o
Yep, they're still at it. Even after Phelps Sr is gone :wacko:

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#2    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

If I could I would personally just walk back and forh knocking out whoever got in my way man or woman. Their all scum

"When life has you on the ropes, you check if it's hemp ropes. Then maybe you can smoke it and watch anime."

#3    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,122 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Well, look at his list of sins: Encouraging cross-dressing (Mrs Doubtfire); encouraging people to believe in extraterrestrial life (Mork & Mindy); encouraging young people to read, er, Dead poets rather than the Bible; encouraging people to believe in anthropomorphic penguins; ... :no:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#4    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 1,286 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

I know that I am squandering my life....but those people....wow.....it takes a lot of effort to waste one's life that effectively.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#5    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,982 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

And it occurred to me as I was reading other comments around the Web, didn't Westboro call for people to be respectful and not picket Phelps Sr's funeral? I suppose it would be brushed aside if we reminded them of that?

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#6    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,912 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

Their all scumbag pieces of crap and as harsh as it is they deserve nothing but the worst death I myself can imagne
Which trust me is far worse than you can possibly imagine death to every westboro member

"When life has you on the ropes, you check if it's hemp ropes. Then maybe you can smoke it and watch anime."

#7    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 1,286 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 17 August 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

And it occurred to me as I was reading other comments around the Web, didn't Westboro call for people to be respectful and not picket Phelps Sr's funeral? I suppose it would be brushed aside if we reminded them of that?

The mantra of those with no worthwhile platform to stand upon....do as I say not as I do.

Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use.
Mark Twain

#8    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,991 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

Mrs Doubtfire is one of my favorite movies ever! They're such aholes! I hope they're arrested if they dare try it.

#9    Timmeh

Timmeh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostDonnie Darko, on 17 August 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

Mrs Doubtfire is one of my favorite movies ever! They're such aholes! I hope they're arrested if they dare try it.
I would recommend the funeral to be held in Australia they would be arrested here if they tried it.

#10    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• Time's up.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Bunch of hypocritical douche bags.If they really do believe in what the bible teaches,then they would know that "Vengeance is mine,sayeth the lord"Is very much a reality.Judge not lest ye be judged.I could go on,about he that he without sin casting the first stone,etc..i guess they just forgot to look at what robin was all about:
Making people laugh,being a good person who cared about others to the point that he donated his time and money in helping people. He didn't just play the part of patch Adams in a movie...he really did visit with sick kids..more than a few times.He always was a giver.Nothing i can say bad about the guy.And this is who they want to harass in death?Well,they are misguided uninformed fools.His family deserves to be treated with respect..not harassed at his funeral.

Tempus Edax Rerum

#11    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,455 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

A great deal of misery in this world is driven by the hypocritical and mean spirited. Westboro is an excellent example of this. I, too, would love to see them arrested, fined, imprisoned.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#12    bubblykiss

bubblykiss

Last Among Equals

• 1,286 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostLilly, on 17 August 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

A great deal of misery in this world is driven by the hypocritical and mean spirited. Westboro is an excellent example of this. I, too, would love to see them arrested, fined, imprisoned.

While I do wholeheartedly agree....I think a better fate for those....folks....would be to be just ignored and forgotten.

Because, in the end, that is a hell that they could not suffer.

Like a petulant 2 year old screaming at any injustice.....let em vent their rage into a void of indifference and inattention.

Mark Twain

#13    DefenceMinisterMishkin

DefenceMinisterMishkin

It won't bite!

• 2,108 posts

• It's what your right hand's for!

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

What the hell is wrong with these people? They are sick in the head..

Posted Image

#14    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,116 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

View Postbubblykiss, on 17 August 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

.....I think a better fate for those....folks....would be to be just ignored and forgotten.

Your quite right,,these people  seem to thrive on publicity

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#15    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,928 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

This may be the last straw for them.  I expect this will cause some serious rebuttals.  I hope folks are smart enough to block them and not get physical, they are leeches of the lowest possible moral character and no one should let themselves be taken in by their pathetic games.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users