Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Band: The Voodoo Brothers

gothikchile13

I'm posting this here because it's not getting much attention in the off-topic forum.

So, yeah, check out my band, it's called The Voodoo Brothers. We play psychedelic/blues/rock and our influences include Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and others. Our website is here, we have two songs up on the Music Page. Check it out and tell me what you think!

--Jon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gothikchile13

• McKenna

• TooFarGone

• distortedpandy

I'm listening to Get Movin' now. Fabulous! :tsu:

Thanks, glad you like it! Keep the comments coming, everyone!

--Jon

good stuff...

you drummer is lacking.......something, I can't put my finger on it yet but don't worry, I will :lol: but otherwise, nice groove :tu:

(pandy's a drummer :yes: )

Really? Well, he's not really our drummer, just a friend that said he'd record with us, the bassist and drummer are pretty much just studio musicians. We are still looking for a permenant and dedicated drummer and/or bassist to play out with.

Other than that, I'm glad you liked it, and thank you for the kind comments!

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13

Suuuuuure, sell out the drummer... :P

Nice work, man. :tu:

:lol: Man, you don't know this kid. He has one of the biggest egos I have ever seen. And he's only 16 :rolleyes:.

And the tone is ok. Since then I got a JCM 900 3/4 stack, and we've invested in professional recording software, so this weekend we'll start recording some better quality stuff.

Thanks for the comments so far, everyone, keep them coming!

--Jon

Sounds great! :tu:

Very impressive (i.e. expensive) equipment. Just curious where you got the bread for the bisquits.

:lol: Man, you don't know this kid. He has one of the biggest egos I have ever seen. And he's only 16 :rolleyes:.

And the tone is ok. Since then I got a JCM 900 3/4 stack, and we've invested in professional recording software, so this weekend we'll start recording some better quality stuff.

--Jon

man i hate people with a big ego

you must have the money huh that recording software is not cheap and da JCM for that matter

laugh.gif Man, you don't know this kid. He has one of the biggest egos I have ever seen. And he's only 16 rolleyes.gif.

--Jon

Oh, I guess that explains it...Daddy bought it :rolleyes:

Sounds great! :tu:

Very impressive (i.e. expensive) equipment. Just curious where you got the bread for the bisquits.

If Joc likes it, Its good :tu:

Oh, I guess that explains it...Daddy bought it :rolleyes:

Uh...no. Sorry kid, but it's called working for a living. Daddy didn't buy sh**. Bill and I both paid for all of our equipment (except for 1 guitar each that was a gift). The recording equipment doesn't belong to us, it was the drummer's father's and he let us use his studio. We did just purchase a PreSonus recording pack, that, yes, we did pay for ourselves.

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13

Uh...no. Sorry kid, but it's called working for a living. Daddy didn't buy sh**. Bill and I both paid for all of our equipment (except for 1 guitar each that was a gift). The recording equipment doesn't belong to us, it was the drummer's father's and he let us use his studio. We did just purchase a PreSonus recording pack, that, yes, we did pay for ourselves.

--Jon

Three things:

1. The "kid" is 40 something....I think,

2. The "kid" can own you at blues rock any day, and, most importantly

3. He was talking about the drummer, not you.

Three things:

hey what do you mean "The "kid" can own you at blues rock any day"

i mean how do you know that he's better :hmm:

Three things:

Look, I'm not here to argue over the Internet.

1. Congratulations.

2. I never said I was better than him, and how do you know he's better than us?

3. Didn't sound like it.

This can go round and round, which isn't the reason I initially posted. I just wanted some comments on my band. That's all. I didn't want to argue about equipment, or anything like that, I just wanted some people to listen to our stuff and tell us what you think.

Thanks,

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13

Which PreSonus did you end up getting?

I'm not sure. Bill knows more about it than I do. I know it's the one that comes with the 8 input interface.

--Jon

ahh probably a firepod...and if thats case, awesome :tu:

Pandy has a firepod in her studio, oh yes :yes: If you need any help with recording or anything, I'm just a PM away :D

ahh probably a firepod...and if thats case, awesome :tu:

Pandy has a firepod in her studio, oh yes :yes: If you need any help with recording or anything, I'm just a PM away :D

Yeah, I remember hearing "Firebox" or something like that yesterday. Thanks for the offer, if we do need some help, I'll be sure to contact you.

Quick Question: Why do you refer to yourself in the third person sometimes?

Thanks again,

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13