Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

altered state ghost hunting

chopstik26

hey guys.. hate to comment on what seems to be a shaky subject.. but thats drunken ghost hunting.. let me tell you that i was on a ghost chat web site that kicked me off becuz of this topic... they were all uptight old ladies and all, i had fun messing with them but they kicked me off becuz i brought up this topic.. let me know what u think... oh, and if u want to meet the most uptight, internet dorks in the world visit the site.. anyways....

if one is in an "altered state", would everyone agree that our energies change?? so if one is drunk or high, our aura's or energy we give off could flux... so this may or may not influence sensitivity to an entity... think of it this way.. if u were a ghost and u could see someones aura and sense they are messed up, wouldnt u mess with them? i mean, if they said anything, noone would believe them cuz they were drunk or messed up or somethin...

the reason i brought it up is becuz im thinking of using this method the next time that i go ghost hunting.... im going to take one of my drunked college buddies and strap a non-biased friend on him (a camera).. im gonna make him taunt, chant, run, anything that one would normally be afraid of doing to a ghost when they are sober and see if i can catch anything on tape

any comments, questions,??? let me know what yalls think!!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chopstik26

• Diary of a Monster

• Bebi

• nicolapeach

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should open up your mind to the fact that a Spirit might be encouraging you to get Drunk and go ghost hunting so they can have a bit of fun with you.

In my own opinion I believe when people have bad experiences on the Ouijia board its because they are not taking their quest for Knowledge seriously and so sometimes the Spirits decide they shouldn't be on the Board haming it up when talking to spirits beyond the Veil of Death is a very serious matter.

When you set out to get knowledge about the After Life remember that some people have traumatic deaths and they are not in the mood to listen to a lot of foolishness being directed towards the Spirit World when they may not be in the mood for it.

Hope you don't mind me offering some advice on what I have learned in my 20 years of Spirit Communication.

If you are serious about looking for Spirits to show themselves to you do it in a quest for knowledge kind of way and take it very seriously because the Spirit you are having fun with and not taking seriously could be a friend or loved one who has died who has come back to say hello to you and they want to be taken seriously.

As for being kicked off a Website that has an interaction on Spirit Communication that is what happened to me a few months ago and my feelings were a little hurt because I was trying to tell them about some of my truthful experiences but they wanted to write all fluff and angels and things like that when there is much more to the spirit World than they seemed to want to deal with so they told me I would be better off on another Website.

Hense since September I have been telling my true life experiences about communication with the Spirit World but some people find some of the things I am writing unbelievable but hopefully as time goes on they will get more experience and hopefully begin to realize that what I write is the absolute truth although I can't at this time prove a lot of it since no one much can see a Spriit or hear it unless they are a Medium like me, and others.

The only way to prove these things is through first hand knowledge but if you are patient, and persistant that knowledge will come to those who take this seriously and want to learn to help further Paranormal Research into the After Life.

Remember this is where we all go after Death and we must tret those who have gone before as we would like to be treated when we get there.

First of all:

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND???

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOUNG MAN,,,STAY AWAY FROM THE DRUGS AND BOOZE! PERIOD!

I would say that anything that you might see while under the influence would be a hallucination, or at minimum, could not be trusted. Secondly, drug induced "altered states of conciosness" are extremely dangerous to your health, often lethal and illegal! If you should do this, you could destroy your life forever. You had better think about the consequences of your actions before you actually dive head long a half-cocked, goofy game of "Get Smashed Out Of Your Head And Seek Ghosts!"

I'm highly against drug use, and since you indicate that you're in college, you need to keep all of the brain cells that you can,,,they'll die off soon enough as you get older anyway! However, I am sure that you have been taught at home, by the media, in school, and other places about the serious dangers of drug and alcohol use and abuse and I urge you to take heed advice to that education.

I believe that I understand why the other chat kicked you for even suggesting this-it's likely that they didn't want to be responsible for YOU giving anyone else this fool-hearty idea! They certainly wouldn't want you to possibly influence minors, (or anyone else,) in that chat to try such a ridiculous stunt as to drink or abuse drugs in hopes of seeing a ghost!

If I was a ghost and I floated by and noticed you sitting there high or drunk out of your mind, looking like a dope,,,I'd get a far away from you as I could or else I'd try to use my "ghost fist" to smack some sense into your head!!!

Remember! Drugs are illegal and extremely dangerous and if you use drugs, YOU might be the one that ends up being the ghost!

Get real and stay sober and straight! You have a future ahead of you to consider!!!! If you are college age, or even younger, it's time that you start thinking like an adult and listen to the uptight old ladies, they'll help you to understand how to act like an adult and not like a foolish kid.

-------------

***By the way, I am not an uptight old lady! I am a man and I'm not old! I am a father, a religous Jewish man. an Ex-Paramedic and Ex-Police Officer. I have seen with my own eyes many hundreds, if not thousands of times, the permanant, and often fatal effects of alcohol and drug use and abuse! Nowadays, I am a real, working Hollywood Actor! Becasue I think that this might make me seem cool to you,,,I tell you, ghost hunt all that you like,,,just do it with a clear head!!!!

Edited by David_Cubero

First of all:

I would say that anything that you might see while under the influence would be a hallucination, or at minimum, could not be trusted. Secondly, drug induced "altered states of conciosness" are extremely dangerous to your health, often lethal and illegal! If you should do this, you could destroy your life forever. You had better think about the consequences of your actions before you actually dive head long a half-cocked, goofy game of "Get Smashed Out Of Your Head And Seek Ghosts!"

I'm highly against drug use, and since you indicate that you're in college, you need to keep all of the brain cells that you can,,,they'll die off soon enough as you get older anyway! However, I am sure that you have been taught at home, by the media, in school, and other places about the serious dangers of drug and alcohol use and abuse and I urge you to take heed advice to that education.

I believe that I understand why the other chat kicked you for even suggesting this-it's likely that they didn't want to be responsible for YOU giving anyone else this fool-hearty idea! They certainly wouldn't want you to possibly influence minors, (or anyone else,) in that chat to try such a ridiculous stunt as to drink or abuse drugs in hopes of seeing a ghost!

If I was a ghost and I floated by and noticed you sitting there high or drunk out of your mind, looking like a dope,,,I'd get a far away from you as I could or else I'd try to use my "ghost fist" to smack some sense into your head!!!

Remember! Drugs are illegal and extremely dangerous and if you use drugs, YOU might be the one that ends up being the ghost!

Get real and stay sober and straight! You have a future ahead of you to consider!!!! If you are college age, or even younger, it's time that you start thinking like an adult and listen to the uptight old ladies, they'll help you to understand how to act like an adult and not like a foolish kid.

-------------

***By the way, I am not an uptight old lady! I am a man and I'm not old! I am a father, a religous Jewish man. an Ex-Paramedic and Ex-Police Officer. I have seen with my own eyes many hundreds, if not thousands of times, the permanant, and often fatal effects of alcohol and drug use and abuse! Nowadays, I am a real, working Hollywood Actor! Becasue I think that this might make me seem cool to you,,,I tell you, ghost hunt all that you like,,,just do it with a clear head!!!!

:lol: whats the site you were talking about chopstick? :)

Edited by VALARLIGHT

First of all:

-------------

:mellow::lol: Ok i would assume that he wouldn't be drunk, cause he said that it would be one of his friends. And i don't see what the big deal is as long as their not copletley plastered. The only advice Id give would be to be there with at lest one or two of your other sober friends (drunk people can be hard to control by yourself) and to be cautious of where you go so that whoever it is doesn't hurt themselves. Very interesting. I think it is a worthwhile experiment cause even though your senses are impaired maybe during this "altered state"

your "6th sense" might be on overdrive. The thought has crossed my mind before. Good Post. :tu:

yeah, thanx for the backup there, monster....

anyways, i was just trying to bring up a topic yalls, chill out.... im just trying to suggest that our energies may be changed or fluctuating abnormally, which would make us more sensitive...

its not like ive actually tried it or know anyone who has... but one might not be as scared and may be able to pick up more signals...

and im not talking about a "spiritual journey" like the indians in that young guns movie do either... its not like anyone would believe what someone would see in that sort of state..

well, keep replying if theres anymore comments. i guess im off to find some detox centers or somethin.... hehe j/k... later yalls

I agree with David. In an altered state we may be more susceptable to spirits etc, but alcohol and drugs are renowned for causing bad judgements. Also, as David said, anything experienced can easily be hallucinated. Ok, so one person gets into the "altered state" and has experiences that the others don't - how do you know this is not down to the alcohol/drugs? I'm not saying don't do it; I just feel that anything that happens won't be objective and therefore dismissable.

Ok lets say that the human being is more sensitive(to feel or see ghosts) if they are under the unfluence of alcohol/drugs, we can rule out the fact that anyone would believe you if you did see something, I fail to see the point of how this is supposed to help you video tape or find ghosts. Or is it more like, get a friend drunk , go to an old abandoned housed said to be haunted and use him/her as a radar to find ghost? Cause that could work, just don't do or mix too much and have people there that are sober in case something happens. And if it works lets us know, that's if you do it anyways.