Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Extensive Water in Mars Interior

mars water life shergottite meteorites

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,139 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

Extensive Water in Mars Interior

www.carnegiescience.edu said:

Until now, Earth was the only planet known to have vast reservoirs of water in its interior. Scientists analyzed the water content of two Martian meteorites originating from inside the Red Planet. They found that the amount of water in places of the Martian mantle is vastly larger than previous estimates and is similar to that of Earth’s. The results not only affect what we know about the geologic history of Mars, but also have implications for how water got to the Martian surface. The data raise the possibility that Mars could have sustained life.

Posted ImageRead more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    UsefulSoul

UsefulSoul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• http://www.jameswadmanblog.com
    Scientist, author, pioneer of the universe

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

but let's cut some more of NASA's budget

http://www.jameswadmanblog.com/
Scientist, Author, Pioneer of the Universe
Long time UM'er, brand new account

@UsefulSoul <-- follow me and be my new best friend!

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

I think we need to go to Mars, the rovers can send back a lot of information but nothing can take place of a human doing the research.

#4    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostHilander, on 24 June 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

I think we need to go to Mars, the rovers can send back a lot of information but nothing can take place of a human doing the research.

While I agree with you I dont think we are ready for something like that yet. heck they just retired the shuttles and cut Nasa budget again which isn't that large to begin with when you consider it against other things like defense. I think as a society we are not looking to space anymore. It's a different time than 20 years ago. Too many people  care about what celebrity reality show comes on this week or who is going to be voted off american idol than what we can find out in space. Sad to say but we arent the innovater's we used to be.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#5    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Poltergeist

• 2,126 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

I always had a hunch that water existed on Mars. Note that by "hunch," I mean that it was something I wanted to believe despite having no logical reason to. But apparently logic didn't matter. Hooray for me! And Mars as well.

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

#6    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Pirate

• 5,122 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Does Mars have 'oceans' of water inside it ?

I certainly hope so. What a great stepping stone for space exploration Mars could become (providing we could tap into this resource).

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,278 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

And yet more gradual disclosure.

#8    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,139 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 02 July 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

I certainly hope so. What a great stepping stone for space exploration Mars could become (providing we could tap into this resource).

There is easier water than this to be had on Mars, it has substantial polar ice caps.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Pirate

• 5,122 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 02 July 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

There is easier water than this to be had on Mars, it has substantial polar ice caps.

Lol, cheers Waspie.

Typical, I only added the "providing we could tap into this resource" as a safety net to stop you jumping on my comment.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#10    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostGrey14, on 25 June 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

While I agree with you I dont think we are ready for something like that yet. heck they just retired the shuttles and cut Nasa budget again which isn't that large to begin with when you consider it against other things like defense. I think as a society we are not looking to space anymore. It's a different time than 20 years ago. Too many people  care about what celebrity reality show comes on this week or who is going to be voted off american idol than what we can find out in space. Sad to say but we arent the innovater's we used to be.
  The chinese are in space now and they wont take a step backwards, I bet they are already eyeing of the moon & other planets, hey maybe thats the kick in the **** the west needs. :alien:

#11    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,725 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

I don't care who goes as long as somebody goes. To do it, it is going to take an international effort, anyway.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#12    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 02 July 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

I don't care who goes as long as somebody goes. To do it, it is going to take an international effort, anyway.
I would say your probably right a joint effort would be more benefical to all

#13    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

4 representatives from each continent to explore mars sounds like it. it would hopefully take their minds off future wars or world domination

#14    kwin

kwin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

"....that Mars may have once been a place hospitable to life." as opposed to what, it can't have life now??? Cut the budget till NASA becomes totally independent from the military  & it's veil of secrecy.       http://www.marsanoma...ossal-trees.htm

#15    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Now we have to find a tow truck big enough to bring to a more hospitable distance from the sun :alien:

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users