Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Youtube tries to ban bull fighting

youtube bull fighting spain

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,637 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Bullfighting aficionados are furious after the popular video sharing portal YouTube banned bloody images of bulls being killed in the ring labeling it "animal abuse".

The online giant closed down channels devoted to Spain's "national fiesta" provoking immediate outrage from fans of the spectacle who declared it amounted to "censorship" and "a lack of respect for a much loved tradition".

http://www.telegraph...l-fighting.html

Posted Image

#2    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

good for youtube

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Bull-fighting is animal abuse ...... pure and simple. Some people may well view it as 'a much loved tradition', but it's a much loved tradition of animal abuse. WELL DONE YouTube!!

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#4    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,903 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

The day the bulls are killed with bare hands will be the day it's worth watching.  Until then I'm unimpressed by the "sport".  It's as boring to watch as hunting or fishing.

#5    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

While I do NOT think that Bullfighting should be allowed (it is animal abuse, just for entertainment)
I do NOT see how Youtube can ban anything that is legal in the country of origin, IF it was illegal then I could understand

If they get away with this then what next, what else will they ban from their site?

Seem's to me that BIG Brother (Youtube) is nothing more than control freaks

Posted Image

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 22 March 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

While I do NOT think that Bullfighting should be allowed (it is animal abuse, just for entertainment)
I do NOT see how Youtube can ban anything that is legal in the country of origin, IF it was illegal then I could understand

If they get away with this then what next, what else will they ban from their site?

I sort of get what you are saying, but it is not just shown in that country once it hits the net.
Anything which is abuse should be banned, whether it is legal in its country of origin or not because youtube is global.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 22 March 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Do you have any examples of what you think YouTube may ban next?

Bull-fighting is such a mind-bogglingly obvious abhorrence, so far off the scale of what is acceptable, that I don't think we need to worry just yet.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#8    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

And yet they leave c*** - Fights on there no problem. If your removing a video based on animal abuse do it for all not just one! I personally feel youtube have the right to ban what ever they want on there website, after all its there site.

p.s cockerel - (dident realise UM would censor the shortened version :-|)

Edited by Vaise, 22 March 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Good for Youtube, there are other things they could ban also.

#10    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 3,003 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Banning the ability to watch it online is a good step, but it's not going to solve the issue.
Still, well done! As many others have mentioned, I'd like to see all of the other inhumane "sports" banned as well.

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostVaise, on 22 March 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

And yet they leave c*** - Fights on there no problem. If your removing a video based on animal abuse do it for all not just one! I personally feel youtube have the right to ban what ever they want on there website, after all its there site.

p.s cockerel - (dident realise UM would censor the shortened version :-|)
Thats wrong and hypocritical. I agree, all animal abuse should be banned.

Here is the funny part (not really funny) but the shortened version of the word cockerel is not allowed, but wonder if they would allow the link to the video of the fighting?
Have seen this on other sites where words are banned but videos are not!!

ps: please do not try and put the video up on here.

Edited by freetoroam, 22 March 2013 - 07:08 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 22 March 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

The online giant closed down channels devoted to Spain's "national fiesta" provoking immediate outrage from fans of the spectacle who declared it amounted to "censorship" and "a lack of respect for a much loved tradition".

Too bad the ancient Romans didn't have our technology, they could have posted videos of their much loved tradition of crucifying people, including Spaniards. Olé !

#13    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 March 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

I sort of get what you are saying, but it is not just shown in that country once it hits the net.
Anything which is abuse should be banned, whether it is legal in its country of origin or not because youtube is global.

Youtube have the ability to stop certain countries watching videos from other countries, I have come across it myself on Youtube where it states the video is not available in my country, more than once, dont know if anyone else has had that happen
There is nothing stopping Youtube from doing that for bullfighting, broadcast it on their site in spain but disable it for other countries

View Postouija ouija, on 22 March 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Do you have any examples of what you think YouTube may ban next?

That all depends on what the CEO /owner's dislike, it could be anything that they find distasteful or abhor or something that goes against their belief's etc etc etc.......
It is because of them, that they have banned or trying to ban bullfighting on Youtube, and not because it is a bloodthirsty, cruel, sadistic sport/entertainment (which I think it is)

On this site (Unexplained Mysteries) there are certain topic's that the Admin/Mod's might dislike or find distasteful, but they still let those topic's stay on the site, so why cannot a site as big as Youtube do the same and not ban something off their site because they personally do not like it, which has got to be the case, as Vaise said they still allow cockerel fighting etc on there

Posted Image

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 22 March 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Youtube have the ability to stop certain countries watching videos from other countries, I have come across it myself on Youtube where it states the video is not available in my country, more than once, dont know if anyone else has had that happen
There is nothing stopping Youtube from doing that for bullfighting, broadcast it on their site in spain but disable it for other countries

I did not know that, thankyou for telling me.
I can not see them disabling certain things unless there were enough complaints, but there are certain things like animal cruelty which should not be shown at all, even if it is legal in that country. By allowing it to be shown at all, shows they are not against it.
Some countries still hang people, it does not mean that it should be allowed on the net, no matter what country it is shown in, same goes for animal cruelty, it should not be shown anywhere.
Although they can disable it from being shown in other countries, there is nothing stopping people from forwarding it themselves....not that technical on things like this, so would that be possible or could you tube stop that happening too?

#15    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,269 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

ban bullying too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users