Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top admiral: US can intercept a North Korean

docyabut2

Keep in mind, we only know about what they let us and everyone else know about.

• Like 5

Keep in mind, we only know about what they let us and everyone else know about.

Exactly. A lot of things are classified. Especially technology.

Edited by Eonwe
  • Like 2

North Korean Military Technology is still in the stone age,my money is on their missile disintegrating into pieces.I don't think the US has much to worry about.

• Like 1

I would like to know what NK end game is do they really think they can win, are the just trying to squeeze some money or aid out of us and the UN, or something else? surelly his top brass can't be that dillusional or are they getting ready to stage a coup? If they kick his butt out of the country and merge with the south they would have one hell of an economic power on their hands.

Kim jong un will never start a war he knows north Korea would lose.

I wanna see north korea get blown off the map

NK was very nearly wiped off the face of the Earth in the Korean war, it was the intervention of the Chinese that saved them. We'd driven them to the far side of the Yalu River. Then came the damned old Chinese. Their missiles are a joke, my guess would be they have very few nukes, I'm talking counting them on the fingers of one hand and having fingers left over when you're done. Fact is when they were testing their nuke it misfired twice before they actually go it to detonate and then it was a low yield device. Which is still a nasty thing, but the last country I'd want to threaten with nuclear war would be the US. Our stuff can hit what we aim it at and go boom when we want it to. Hell, the NK's might nuke themselves with their own weapon.

Of course, it would be fun to see that fat punk ass kid in charge driven threw the streets naked in front of everyone.

I would like to know what NK end game is do they really think they can win, are the just trying to squeeze some money or aid out of us and the UN, or something else? surelly his top brass can't be that dillusional or are they getting ready to stage a coup? If they kick his butt out of the country and merge with the south they would have one hell of an economic power on their hands.

interesting theory. They want him to over-reach himself and end up with a large helping of egg on his face, so that will discredit the Dear Leader dynasty once and for all, and give them the chance to overthrow them?

Very good question...They know they couldnt win,cause plenty of destruction to seoul?Yes i do not care what any here say,even our top officials know if they let NK start a major war most of seoul would burn though that would be about the only place to receive major damage in the south before NK was wiped off the map.Could some of his top people be planning a coup?Sounds more plausible than them actually believing they could win a war with no major backing.

He's only threatening nuke strikes because the US is flexing their muscles.

The US wants that area so badly. Lovely spot right on the Chinese border for some Airfields.

Kim jong un will never start a war he knows north Korea would lose.

I wanna see north korea get blown off the map

I don't understand that. No matter how messed up a government is... People are people. You honestly would like to see hundreds of thousands of PEOPLE get killed ? !

• Like 1

Maybe they can test the new laser they have.

The North Koreans are playing the card that even though they would lose they would do a lot of harm and cause a lot of deaths. They figure, fairly accurately, that the west is more civilized and will put up with a lot of stuff to avoid people getting killed.

http://worldnews.nbc...an-missile?lite

How can they be so sure when in the missle defence tests, there was only one hit out of four. How do they know that one missle that North Korea sets off does nt have a nuclear device on it?

North Korea is estimated to have 12-27 nukes with yields of 6-40kt and to give some idea of explosive power the bomb dropped on Hiroshima had a yield of 16kt. The step to a hydrogen bomb (megatons instead of kt) is quite quick. All you do is shape your nuclear material into a hollow case and fill it with liquid hydrogen.

In WW2 most Japanese buildings in Hiroshima and Nagaski were made out of wood. All concrete buildings survived although they were badly damaged. The Hiroshima Peace Memorial was directly below the detonation, made of concrete and although damaged still stands. With a 40kt weapon the damage done to a city like New York isnt going to be that great. Its unlikely it would bring down a single sky scraper although I would expect a widespread firestorm.

That is unless they have made the step to hydrogen bomb. In which case people best get running for the hills lol.

North Korea is estimated to have 12-27 nukes with yields of 6-40kt and to give some idea of explosive power the bomb dropped on Hiroshima had a yield of 16kt. The step to a hydrogen bomb (megatons instead of kt) is quite quick. All you do is shape your nuclear material into a hollow case and fill it with liquid hydrogen.

In WW2 most Japanese buildings in Hiroshima and Nagaski were made out of wood. All concrete buildings survived although they were badly damaged. The Hiroshima Peace Memorial was directly below the detonation, made of concrete and although damaged still stands. With a 40kt weapon the damage done to a city like New York isnt going to be that great. Its unlikely it would bring down a single sky scraper although I would expect a widespread firestorm.

That is unless they have made the step to hydrogen bomb. In which case people best get running for the hills lol.

Dont know where you got that info from but from all the news sources I've read, quote the experts as saying that North Korea may be enough material for 4 bombs. Look how long it took them to do the 3 tests. Now these bombs would quite litteraly be bombs as other experts believe that the North is years away from making them small enough to put on the tips of missiles.

Now the US would know the instant a NK Missile is launched at the US. They would have enough time to launcher counter measures and interceptors.

~Thanato

He's only threatening nuke strikes because the US is flexing their muscles.

The US wants that area so badly. Lovely spot right on the Chinese border for some Airfields.

The Chinese would never tolerate US forces anywhere near their border and to do so would Guarantee their involvement in any Conflict.

• Like 2

Dont know where you got that info from but from all the news sources I've read, quote the experts as saying that North Korea may be enough material for 4 bombs. Look how long it took them to do the 3 tests. Now these bombs would quite litteraly be bombs as other experts believe that the North is years away from making them small enough to put on the tips of missiles.

Now the US would know the instant a NK Missile is launched at the US. They would have enough time to launcher counter measures and interceptors.

~Thanato

Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Maybe that amounts to 4 x 200kt or something (0.2 Megaton) if they only put it in a few missles. 0.2 Megaton would do a lot of damage to New York.

Wiki - http://en.wikipedia....ass_destruction

Maybe that amounts to 4 x 200kt or something (0.2 Megaton) if they only put it in a few missles. 0.2 Megaton would do a lot of damage to New York.

You are overlooking, I think, the most obvious true danger of any sized nuke on US soil. The nuclear retaliation that would come like night follows day. The Norks would never ever be a problem for anyone again. Then China and Russia might feel they had to make a "statement".

I honestly don't think the US will nuke North Korea, mainly because right next door are the second and third most powerful nuclear arsenals. Plus the fallout form such an attack. The US can use Convectional means to destroy what they want.

• Like 3

You are overlooking, I think, the most obvious true danger of any sized nuke on US soil. The nuclear retaliation that would come like night follows day. The Norks would never ever be a problem for anyone again. Then China and Russia might feel they had to make a "statement".

I think North Korea is a bit suicidal so dont expect MAD to prevent an attack.

Well apparently there will be multiple launches, i think about 10 missiles

• Like 1

From what I read North Korea launched a Satellite into space back in December and it was carrying an unknown payload, it's supposed to be over the US today. Not 100% sure how much truth is in this. Anyone got more info ion it?

The Chinese would never tolerate US forces anywhere near their border and to do so would Guarantee their involvement in any Conflict.

That's the scary thing.

This has the potential to be WW3.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

From what I read North Korea launched a Satellite into space back in December and it was carrying an unknown payload, it's supposed to be over the US today. Not 100% sure how much truth is in this. Anyone got more info ion it?

That's the scary thing.

This has the potential to be WW3.

Yet its all rather exciting. Fallout 3 for real. I just hope destiny isnt going to make me a ghoul lol.

• Like 1

Yet its all rather exciting. Fallout 3 for real. I just hope destiny isnt going to make me a ghoul lol.

Exciting. lol

Well I guess it's something to distract everyone from the other problems we have the in west. lol

Maybe they will nuke the federal reserve... That would help the American people. lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Exciting. lol

Well I guess it's something to distract everyone from the other problems we have the in west. lol

Maybe they will nuke the federal reserve... That would help the American people. lol

I'm gonna wait for Team America 2

They got to be making that now lol

Edited by Giant Killer B
  • Like 1