Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The EU is on the blitz against Eurosceptics.

propaganda.

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#31    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,652 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostTesla II, on 22 February 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

EU is simply trash union... i will explain but i have to go out, i'll just say it was EU who brought bad economy and poverty too many countries, we were somwhat forced too pay 100 billions right before crisis struck and our officals in government knew that crisis is right at the door step, but noooo after EU contract we must help Greece.. like others did but that's how we signed the death sentence for us... Months later we had shortage of funds in national budget and then hell begun, massive companies went broke, small companies went broke, and now it is getting worse 5 years later... Since we entered it nothing good came out of it..

I really hope entire system falls apart and we get our previous currency back, dream that shall never be real again :cry: . Please dont try to save EU like some experts said system was trash when it started and it's even now.. Gains - 0 ; losses - Big time..
So it had nothing to do with a the subprime speculative bubble which flooded the whole world market with useless paper derivatives :yes:

All the EU's fault.

A bit myopic in your analysis there.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#32    Soccergirl13

Soccergirl13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Dear BlackRed I cannot comment about France but I can certainly tell.you that germans moan a lot as well. Every time there is another billion euro payment to greece or another falling country the people do complain as germany pays more than other eu countries. The only difference is that the government doesnt really represent what the people think and keep pushing the idea of united europe. But that doesnt mean they.are happy about it

#33    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,652 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

I suspect the English wont be happy until we can get back to the age old pasttime of fighting the French and Germans Like in the good old days of yor :w00t:
Johnny foreigner.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#34    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 23 February 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

I suspect the English wont be happy until we can get back to the age old pasttime of fighting the French and Germans Like in the good old days of yor :w00t:
Johnny foreigner.

Br Cornelius

I won't mind being able to fight the Irish either.  That's always good fun.

#35    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 23 February 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

"For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all their songs are sad."
- Gilbert K Chesterton "Ballad of the White Horse"

#36    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,652 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 23 February 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Seems you got a bloody nose last time you tried that game :w00t:
Ireland the land of the insurgent.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#37    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 23 February 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Johnny foreigner.

Br Cornelius

And your barbed comments are a typical example of the europhile tactic & no doubt the money will be pouring in to promote this kind of crap 'if' we ever head toward a democratic election on europe. In fact all it demonstrates to me is a mounting fear amongst the pro federalists, afterall €4.7bn a year is a big chunk out of the EU budget, they'll have too sign up a lot of basket case countries to fill the gap.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#38    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,652 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

It seems to me that the euroskeptics have done a very nice job of diverting attention away from the domestic mismanagement of the economy whilst conveniently forgetting the  amount of benefit that has accrued to the domestic economy.
Why did the UK go into the Common Market in the first place, because of the collapse of their industry which came at the end of the Empire and the loss of most of their captive export market.

And yes, let us not forget that the EU has secured peace and security in Europe for over half a century. Do you really and honestly believe that Britain would be faring better outside of the EU in the face of a global economic crisis ?? If you do then I think you are very naive.

Selective recall is a talent to be found in abundance among the right wing ideologues.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#39    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 23 February 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

It seems to me that the euroskeptics have done a very nice job of diverting attention away from the domestic mismanagement of the economy whilst conveniently forgetting the  amount of benefit that has accrued to the domestic economy.
Why did the UK go into the Common Market in the first place, because of the collapse of their industry which came at the end of the Empire and the loss of most of their captive export market.

And yes, let us not forget that the EU has secured peace and security in Europe for over half a century. Do you really and honestly believe that Britain would be faring better outside of the EU in the face of a global economic crisis ?? If you do then I think you are very naive.

Selective recall is a talent to be found in abundance among the right wing ideologues.

Br Cornelius
But more so amongst the Left wing ideologues. A classic example being the lefts continual rant that all the current problems the UK is going through is all the fault of those nasty bankers whilst selectively forgetting who it was who relaxed banking legislation (whilst in power), general mismanagement of the economy & then handing over 132 billion of tax payers money (plus knighthoods) to those same bankers.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#40    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

the UK pays €15bn per year to the EU, of which we receive, in one form or another, €9bn back, which means it costs the UK taxpayer €6bn to remain in the EU, and if margaret thatcher hadn't negotgiated the 'british correction' it would cost another €4bn more, money that the NHS and education system could more than do with, so it's not really what you'd call an economic benefit to our economy.
i'm neither pro, nor anti EU, as it doesn't particularly impact the way I live my life to a great degree whether we're in it or not, i'm merely reporting facts.

the UK pays €15bn per year to the EU, of which we receive, in one form or another, €9bn back, which means it costs the UK taxpayer €6bn to remain in the EU, and if margaret thatcher hadn't negotgiated the 'british correction' it would cost another €4bn more, money that the NHS and education system could more than do with, so it's not really what you'd call an economic benefit to our economy.
i'm neither pro, nor anti EU, as it doesn't particularly impact the way I live my life to a great degree whether we're in it or not, i'm merely reporting facts.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#41    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,051 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

From the article (but entirely ignored or misrepresented by Euorsceptics):

"...for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

Most, although not all, Eurosceptics take their lead (as well as all of their "knowledge" about the EU) from the rantings of the Tabloid Press. it is high time that the EU got the facts and figures out into the Public Domain in an as accessible way as possible.

Why does anyone fear real facts and data? Sure it would shut - up some of the more Rabid anti-EU sloganistas, and sound - bite techs who undermine debate by making unsupportable, unverifiable statements. Perhaps that is why this editorial in The Telegraph is being almost criminally distorted, and made to seem that it supports their own, limited, views.

Edited by keithisco, 23 February 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#42    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

britain joined the EU in 1972, decades after our empire 'collapsed', and we joined to secure import rights for goods rather than for exports, which have always been strong in the european market, and currently stand at €12bn per month.

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#43    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 23 February 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

it is high time that the EU got the facts and figures out into the Public Domain in an as accessible way as possible.

Why does anyone fear real facts and data?
I tend to get my info directly from the EU website.
something to do with monkeys and organ grinders.....

#44    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,050 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 23 February 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

From the article (but entirely ignored or misrepresented by Euorsceptics):

"...for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

Most, although not all, Eurosceptics take their lead (as well as all of their "knowledge" about the EU) from the rantings of the Tabloid Press. it is high time that the EU got the facts and figures out into the Public Domain in an as accessible way as possible.

That always has been the role of the Ministry of Propaganda, yes, it's true.
I wonder if they've thought about calling it the Ministry of Truth? That has a certain ring to it.

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 23 February 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#45    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,652 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 23 February 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

But more so amongst the Left wing ideologues. A classic example being the lefts continual rant that all the current problems the UK is going through is all the fault of those nasty bankers whilst selectively forgetting who it was who relaxed banking legislation (whilst in power), general mismanagement of the economy & then handing over 132 billion of tax payers money (plus knighthoods) to those same bankers.
Did I not point out that domestic mismanagement was the root of the UK's evils - so whats your point exactly ?

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

Also tagged with propaganda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users