Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My First Music Video! [PRINCE Remix][iPad2]

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

Hello again everyone!  I've been making music for a while now on my iPad2, and I've decided that I wanted to try something a bit different---to create my own music video. I've never done this before, and I'm certainly no expert and the production budget was low, lol.

When Doves Cry (High Speed MiX) - YouTube

MUSIC INFO:
The song in the video is called When Doves Cry (High Speed MiX), which is actually a remix of the popular Prince 1984 hit single "When Doves Cry".  It was when I was a kid, and still is one of my favorite songs to listen to. I remade the song from the ground up based on the FULL VERSION of the original song, and then I sped-up + remixed it. The song took me 10 hours to complete; I sat there listening to the original song over and over again trying to figure out most of the notes, sounds, and order.  All done on my iPad2 with a neat app called Music Studio; it's not as popular as GarageBand or FruityLoops, but it gets the job done.

VIDEO INFO:
To be honest, I didn't really intend to make this song into a music video, but after some careful thinking, I later decided to go for it---to try something different/new to me. All videoing and editing took 5 hours total...and to top it off, everyone involved (including myself) were hard-pressed for time, not to mention, there was no time for much rehearsal at all. It was like "Okay, I wanna make a music video for this song I made, here's a few supplies I brought...". I also had to teach the camera man how to use the camera properly. Very last-minute, so don't expect the video to be professional, lol. Anyways, all video was recorded on the iPad2's 720 HD camera, which is OK.

Anyways, please check it out!! I really hope that you enjoy!!
Thank you very much!!! ^_^

One day...

#2    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Unfortunately, the video has been blocked for viewing in the US by YouTube; however, the video is viewable via my website--> http://www.tripmachina.net

One day...

#3    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

My 2nd music video is out now!!  Please check it out!!

Thanks so much, and I hope you enjoy!! ^_^

One day...

#4    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostSenkoujin, on 16 February 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

I wanted to try something a bit different.

The videos are definately "different." I don't really mean that as a bad thing, but I'm not sure of what else to say about them.

#5    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

hehehehe it was fun

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#6    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hahaha, thank you both for simply watching my video(s), I really appreciate it! =)

To be honest, my 2nd music video was also a last-minute decision.  I had made the song nearly two weeks beforehand, and didn't even have any thoughts about making a video until just recently.  I had said to myself, "Hmmm, maybe I could make some sort of video with this new song of mines", so I thought about how I wanted it, and executed my plan.  Ironically, I decided to give it some 'connection'.  The song w

Filming wasn't very easy, and the budget was right at $100USD.  We had problems filming at one location due to a neighbor getting all paranoid about candles, so we had to drive to a different location.  The new location was better anyways.  The song took 7+ hours to make, and the videoing/editing took around 3 hours total.  So, this project was around 10 hours as opposed to my 1st music video project, which took 15 hours.

One day...

#7    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

considering an amatuer fliming it's alright
the insturment is a keybored or some techno program ?

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#8    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 30 April 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

considering an amatuer fliming it's alright
the insturment is a keybored or some techno program ?
I make my music on iOS (iPhone/iPad) with an app called Music Studio.  It provides a virtual keyboard with different instruments to choose from...you just have to create everything from scratch, lol.

One day...

#9    seller2006

seller2006

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

• Student of the Quran

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

good work, keep it up!! looking forward to more videos, entertaining :P

Posted Image

Check out some of my raps.. http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=3016

Check out my Concious Hip Hop, http://www.youtube.c...Adealist/videos

#10    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

View Postseller2006, on 03 May 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

good work, keep it up!! looking forward to more videos, entertaining :P
Hehehe, thank you very much, and thank you for your patience!

Posted Image

Hello again everyone!!!  It's been two months since my last music video release, and now it's time once again!!!  Welcome to my 3rd Official Music Video!!

If you are familiar with The Spice Girls, then you're in for quite the remix!  I decided to remix Spice Up Your Life.  As usual, I re-built the song from scratch and then remixed it on my iPad2, which took 7 hours to complete.  A week later, I decided that i wanted to make a music video with it, so I did and made it my 3rd Music Video!!

Videoing and editing took around ~8hrs total due to time constraints, weather, etc., but finally it's released!  Please check it out, and I really hope that you enjoy it!!!  Thank you very much!!! :D

One day...

#11    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Wow, it's been a while!

Posted Image

Hello again everyone, if you've been keeping up, you're in for yet another video!
I present to you all, my 4th music video!!

The song I remixed is the 2nd OP (opening) for the popular anime To Aru Kagaku No Choudenjihou (Railgun); I rebuilt the song from scratch, and then remixed it.  This will make my second remixed anime song...took me 9+ hours to make this one.  I must admit, reconstructing J-Pop AIN'T easy...for me at least. xD
I chose to tackle this song because it seemed to fit considering what happened in the previous vids.

After completing the remixed instrumental, I had some difficulty both writing my original English lyrics and singing them, as this particular song isn't quite my normal etiquette, but I tried nonetheless.

Filming once again was difficult due to slight shortage of workable footage + the time constraints of my crew, and one of them was sick, so I did my very best producing and editing considering the circumstances...all pulled off in 2.5hrs.  We were also lucky that the weather was nice because it rained for an entire week before the shootings, lol.

Please check it out!!  I can't sing too well, so try to enjoy! :D
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

One day...

#12    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

That was awesome! :lol:

Bizarre, but awesome! :tu:

Seriously, I don't know what to make of these vids, but they tend to entertain me despite their "differentness." (And yes, I believe I just made that word up) :P

Wow, I just looked it up and apparently "differentness" is a real word! :o

Edited by Angel Left Wing, 23 August 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#13    Senkoujin

Senkoujin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostAngel Left Wing, on 23 August 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

That was awesome! :lol:

Bizarre, but awesome! :tu:

Seriously, I don't know what to make of these vids, but they tend to entertain me despite their "differentness." (And yes, I believe I just made that word up) :P

Wow, I just looked it up and apparently "differentness" is a real word! :o
Hehehe thank you very much!  I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D
Wow, I didn't know 'differentness' was a real word wither, LOL!!
I guess we can invent words and somehow find them in the dictionary. xD

One day...

#14    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostSenkoujin, on 25 August 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Hehehe thank you very much!  I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

I actually love the song and the way it's sung. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

If I were a wrestler or something I think I just might use it as my entrance music! :lol:

Edited by Angel Left Wing, 26 August 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#15    Cloudshill

Cloudshill

Tree Spirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

• "It's not that it doesn't hurt.........the trick is not minding that it hurts"

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Entertaining......thanks.... :yes:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users