Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

7.8%

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

The unemployment rate for September dropped 3 tenths to 7.8 with the creation of 114,000 jobs.  These numbers just donít jive.  The experts have stated that we need 400,000 jobs per month to start making  a difference and about 125,000 just to keep unemployment level.  The report goes on to say that the number of unemployed persons (at 12.1 million), decreased by 456,000 for September.  I would think that number of jobs created would be equal to decreasing the number of unemployed.  That tells us that 342,000 people have just fallen off the rolls.  342,000 jobs have just disappeared.  When you reduce the number of available jobs, then you can have a reduction of the unemployment rate.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,303 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

naturally they jive: people are starting to run out of benefits and therefore quit looking for jobs, hence not unemployed.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,743 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

sure they are still unemployed, whether they still get benefits or not, look for a job or not, irrelevant. they don't have a job,  therefore unemployed.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,303 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

View Postaztek, on 05 October 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

sure they are still unemployed, whether they still get benefits or not, look for a job or not, irrelevant. they don't have a job,  therefore unemployed.

You want to change the way the US of A always tallied unemployment just because it benefits your favorites?

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,743 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 October 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

just because it benefits your favorites?

why don't you tell me who my favorites are.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,303 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postaztek, on 05 October 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

why don't you tell me who my favorites are.

let me guess: anybody not Obama?

about me

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,303 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

in related news:

Bloomberg said:

Part-Time Gain Pushes U.S. Joblessness to Three-Year Low

Britt Zaragoza is among a growing army of part-time workers helping to drive down the jobless rate in the U.S.

The 48-year-old single mother found employment as a receptionist at a Columbus, Ohio, law firm in August after searching for two years. Not working a full day gives her the flexibility to take care of her 10-year-old son and pursue a career in catering.

“I knew sooner or later something would come up and thank God it did,” she said. “It was the perfect hours that I was looking for so I jumped on it real quick.”

A drop in unemployment, no matter the source, means more people are earning paychecks, which in turn may boost the consumer spending that accounts for about 70 percent of the economy. Joblessness unexpectedly fell to 7.8 percent in September, the lowest since President Barack Obama took office in January 2009, from 8.1 percent, according to Labor Department issued today in Washington.

Read more

about me

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,038 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

The government only counts them if they are collecting unemployment benefits, so after 9 months (or whatever it is) and you're no longer collecting benefits, you don't count.  Great system isn't it?

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,303 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostOverSword, on 05 October 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

The government only counts them if they are collecting unemployment benefits, so after 9 months (or whatever it is) and you're no longer collecting benefits, you don't count.  Great system isn't it?

But it never has been any different, ever since unemployment insurance started that is how they were counted. How many people are really without a job and how many need food stamps despite having a job was never of any relevance.

about me

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

I think in the future if your unemployment rate is less than 10% then your doing pretty good.  Too many jobs have been shipped out of this country.  Your not going to buy a new car working at Burger King, unless your the manager, or buying much of anything else.

#11    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,743 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostOverSword, on 05 October 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

yea, great sys. lol.
that makes me believe, there is a lot more ppl out of work than statictic shows.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#12    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Where are the unemployed?  Judging from where I live, people have not stopped going out to eat, car and real estate sales have stayed steady, and I see help wanted ads all around.  I do not know anyone personally who wants to work, that doesn't already have a job.

I'm not saying it's not bad out there, but maybe those folks are in the wrong job market.

#13    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

View Postsupervike, on 05 October 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Where are the unemployed?  Judging from where I live, people have not stopped going out to eat, car and real estate sales have stayed steady, and I see help wanted ads all around.  I do not know anyone personally who wants to work, that doesn't already have a job.

I'm not saying it's not bad out there, but maybe those folks are in the wrong job market.

I suggest you visit your local unemployment office. Are you expecting unemployed to roam the streets? Help wanted ads are generally fake. There are zillions of people unemployed. I was one of them eariler this year.

Edited by ninjadude, 05 October 2012 - 09:33 PM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#14    Jiggins

Jiggins

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

You are wrong.  The survey is conducted using statics of those who HAVE JOBS.  It has always been conducted this way.

Edited by Jiggins, 05 October 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

And everything just keeps falling Obarry's way...ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?  Maybe he'll walk on water for us soon.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users